• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anybody else surprised?

hawkrule152

Is it just me, or are any of the rest of you not surprised to wake up to find out LD is still the Hawks coach? Sure you cant put all the blame on a coach. But how far do we have to drop for us to call it quits with LD? SOMETHINGS GOTTA CHANGE.

Or will we just wait til the offseason to dump him? We need a fresh start. Fresh energy. New breath.

• Like 2

Is it just me, or are any of the rest of you not surprised to wake up to find out LD is still the Hawks coach? Sure you cant put all the blame on a coach. But how far do we have to drop for us to call it quits with LD? SOMETHINGS GOTTA CHANGE.

Or will we just wait til the offseason to dump him? We need a fresh start. Fresh energy. New breath.

I agree. I expected to hear that he had been fired this morning.

I'm not surprised at all. However, it does remove any doubts I had that Drew would not be brought back as coach of this team next year. Dude is so let go at the end of the season it ain't even funny.

As for the team, it does raise suspicions that the team has quit on Drew and/or tuned him out. Let's not get it twisted: this team is flawed and needs a major talent infusion in order to threaten in the playoffs. Players aren't playing like they did to begin the year (where they showed nice ball movement, chemistry, and cohesiveness), others are regressing or not taking significant or expected steps forward (Teague, Horf), and Smith continues to play however the heck he wants without discipline, retribution, and consequences.

My point is this: It's not all Drew's fault. But make no mistake, he's a huge part of the problem.

This team has had the easiest schedule so far, and with it only getting harder, we will continue to see this team plummet to .500 territory that many of us expected before the season started.