• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh Smith Suspended

Brotha2ThaNite

Whelp so much for the "team trying to get coach fired" theory. If Josh cares enough to get thrown out of practice, I doubt that he and the guys are losing on purpose.

Didn't Paul Westpaul get fired in his feud with DeMarcus Cousins last year? Josh Smith may be upping the ante.

There is no way I see Ferry picking Drew over Smoove. Drew is gone by the end of the season at best.

Shit just got real lol. It was about damn time some smoove suffered some kind of repercussion for his actions.

He has been doing bonehead shit for years without anyone saying anything and I bet when someone finally had to the balls to say something he probably overreacted and had a bitch fit.That what happens when you havent been properly coached for ur entire career.

It is sad that it took a franchise record breaking lost for someone to finally say something.

Edited by yungsta
  • Like 3

I bet this have a lot of people excited. I'm not going to sit here and act like I know what happened or assume what happen, but I'm glad he did get suspended. Fans and players are very frustrated at these last 8-10 games. And it's not only Josh, it's Al, Teague, Lou, and the rest of the team who are performing very bad.

And to who ever said the ball movement will be better tonight, you could be right but that's not because Smith is not in the game. Smoove does not mess the flow up of the offense. I think we all know that is Lou from watching these games this year. It's easy to point fingers, but take a close look. I wonder who will start tonight? I hope Jenkins gets the nod, and puts up 20+ points. Posted Image

We need Al, Ivan, and Zaza to pick up the load tonight.

• Moderators

Based on what has been reported, it seems pretty clear that Josh threw some kind of a fit at practice and was suspended for that behavior. He wasn't suspended for shooting dumb jumpers or failing to pass the ball to the PG, etc. You bench someone for that, not suspend them. The Union wouldn't take that lying down. A confrontation rising out of discussing his role is possible but that would still be focused on the behavior and not the play.

Personally I think he blew up on a teammate and it almost got physical. They tried to calm it but Josh kept talking and they threw him out. He does not have the heart to get in any big mans face so I bet it was Teague. It will come out sooner or later. Watch what I tell you.

• Like 1

Clearly the end results of the Bulls game. The entire team was soft. When jumpers don't fall it sets up scenarios like this. You always die by this jump shot. The side effect of jump shooting teams is poor defense and rebounding.

The losing streak is nothing but a precursor to a miserable playoff series. Teams will aggressively deny Lou and Korver every play. There is not enough talent to run a jump shooting based offense.

• Premium Member

You don't get suspended for playing within your game. You don't even get suspended for taking a shot when the coach tells you not to - because some great players know when to take their shot. There's some serious excuse making going on here... It's not politics and it's not a conspiracy to keep Atlanta's best player ever down.

Josh Smith is f***ing up. Stop making excuses for him and accept it.

...and I'm sorry, but he's NOT messing up the flow of the offense? Huh? Are you guys serious? A guy that cannot shoot jumpers, constantly shooting jumpers...does not mess up the flow of the offense? A guy that can't dribble, that should not be dribbling, won't give the ball to the PG on the break...and that's not messing up the offense? Man, get out of here with that shit.

Love Smoove, but some things have to change around here. How the hell do people expect us to win...when our "best player" can't even put the damn ball in the basket? Good grief...

• Like 4

In that case, everyone messes up the flow of the offense. No ball movment from Lou, Al is to passive, Smoove shot selection is horrible, Teague trys to do to much when driving to the lane, etc.

I would say Zaza & Ivan are the only people who plays to their strengths, as well as Harris.

Edited by AHawks89

• Moderators

Personally I think he blew up on a teammate and it almost got physical. They tried to calm it but Josh kept talking and they threw him out. He does not have the heart to get in any big mans face so I bet it was Teague. It will come out sooner or later. Watch what I tell you.

That's who I was thinking it was. Maybe Lou said something to his friend and it got escalated, but I'm banking Teague said something, if it was a player. Go Teague and show them what you can do tonight w/o Smith.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

Defended Josh all season saying let's see how he plays with this group of players and so forth. This was his chance to show what he can do as the marqee name on the roster. Time has come to either move Josh or fire Drew and bring in a coach that can reign him in and has no problem benching him or you just blow this whole thing up and start over.

I like the move. Hit him in the pocket. Nothing else has stopped him from doing stupid s&@t, hopefully this will. His trade value wont diminish because most franchises' brass already know he's an ass. The light has to come on at some point. I'm guessing its Ferry trying to speed the process because even as a part of Woody's staff Drew was an enabler.

Just when you think things couldn't get any worse. Or is this better? I don't know.

Funny you typed this, because I was thinking just last night what could be worse than what we're experiencing right now.- lose a big lead to what is basically our arch rival in the Celtics ( even if they don't consider us an arch rival )- lose to Cleveland and Washington by double digits- score only 5 points in a quarter and 58 points in a game- now Josh gets suspendedI guess the only thing that could be worse, is for Teague or Horford to go out with a season ending injury or something.The world may not have ended on Dec 21st 2012, but we've been playing like crap since then.