• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tonight was without a doubt a statement game...

Ruckus

You make some good points. And I am sincere when I say that. But I still think he is a bad teammate. While making good points, you fail to mention the times he bitches at his teammates for making bad plays that he makes 10 times a game. Or not going back on defense to complain about a foul that should have been called. Or shooting crap low percentage shots when the team is a few points down and trying to get back into a game or trying or trying to hold a lead late in the game. Or thinking he is too good to be coached or play within a gameplan. This stuff wears on you as a teammate after a while.

This whole team does that alot. Lou, Devin are very good at getting to the foul line but they too fail in love with their Jumpers in the worse time. Al does take jumpers too much too. Teague lose his mind by not taking 3s and shooting airball floaters lol

This whole team does that alot. Lou, Devin are very good at getting to the foul line but they too fail in love with their Jumpers in the worse time. Al does take jumpers too much too. Teague lose his mind by not taking 3s and shooting airball floaters lol

Devin and Lou are guards and I'd expect them to shoot jumpers. Al isn't a guard but he's among the best bigs in the league at shooting from outside of the paint so he gets a pass. If I'm not mistaken, Josh is the absolute worst long range shooter in the NBA and he attempts more of them than just about anybody else. You have to see that as a major problem, right?

The difference is Lou and Devin are GUARDS - Josh is not

The difference is Al is a very good shooter - Josh is not

The difference is Teague is still a young player -- Josh is not.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. Josh is a very cool person. I have heard from ppl who have been around him. I can't tell you who. You don't even have to believe me but if you just look at how Josh is.

If you notice Josh is the first person to always to go run and pull his team mate up if they hit the floor. Hell, when have you ever seen Josh hack any player of the other team? Josh cries a lot but have you notice that he gets pissed at the ref when his teammate is getting fouled hard or if the ref calls a foul on his teammate that he doesn't like?

If he felt that he gave a hard foul he always goes over and letting them know he didn't mean to give a hard foul.

I'll give you that he gets out of hand with the long jumpers and crying to refs but Josh isn't a bad teammate. Bash away but I believe my "sources" aren't lying. If Josh was a bad teammate people in the Front Office would have been known this and Danny would have traded him before the season. Bank that!

If Josh and the coach had words, that’s fine. I see nothing wrong with that. Even the greats go at it with their coaches when the team isn’t winning. Some even at their teammates… ie Kobe, Jordan, Barkley, Melo, LBJ, Wade…

Josh is cool and does all those things...his game just isn't. I'm tired Bro.

Kobe, Jordan, Barkley, Melo, LBJ, Wade - SUPER DUPER ALLSTARS - Josh? not so much.

But does that mean I want him gone? No.

Like Chris Webber was saying, he is our best player on the team, and he brings way more to the table than bad shot selections. It's time to open your eyes and see what he brings to the table that no other NBA player can do. Everyone knows how bad his shot selection is. With that being said, I would rather trade the soft robot (Al Horford).

I wouldn't mind trading Smoove either or, but Smoove is the better player, and he would be better with a superstar as well. If the prices is right, both can be sent out.

Just because he maybe our best player we just live with it.

And it's not only about shot selection, it's his attitude in general that is really starting to get on my nerves:

1. Stop complaining to the refs all agitated, there is a way to do it

2. Refusing to get back on defense because of a bad call is a 4 point swing in a game - he missed a shot and his man just scored on the opposite end

3. Stop bringing the ball up the court, pass to the PG and run the floor - easy 2 points

4. I don't like his attitude towards Teague, whatever the problem is it manifests itself on the court - I think it was the Minny game, he barely inbounded the ball to Teague, Teague had to go back and get it and you can see him shaking his head like..wth.

5. Stop bringing the ball up the court, pass then stand at the 3 pt line - make a cut do something, anything

6. Stay in the paint

7. And for the last time - STOP bring the ball up the court - PASS IT.

Devin and Lou are guards and I'd expect them to shoot jumpers. Al isn't a guard but he's among the best bigs in the league at shooting from outside of the paint so he gets a pass. If I'm not mistaken, Josh is the absolute worst long range shooter in the NBA and he attempts more of them than just about anybody else. You have to see that as a major problem, right?

I don't care how good of a jump shooter you are. If the team and you are going through a period where your team is going through a drought (as was said in his post).... What is the saying??? "Go To The Basket!"

It's the saying we all have heard time and time again.

When we go 5mins without scoring and everyone is taking jumpers. What do you hear Dominique say?

I think that's was one of the "soft" facts about this team LD was stating.

The one good thing I notice about the last game is that Al stay around to try to get offense rebs. Zaza and Ivan are very good at doing that. Al and Josh are not. We need that more from our C and PF.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

All I'm wondering is who do yall thik would be harder to replace? Smoove or Horford? There is not to many guys like Smoove out there in NBA, in fact, none. I can find a lot of people with Horfords number, but who actually play in the paint, too.

You are right, it would be impossible to find a PF who takes as many long jump shots while shooting them at an embarrassingly poor percentage. It would be difficult to find another PF who thinks he's the teams PG so he tries to bring the ball up himself and camps out around the 3pt line. It would be hard to find another PF who complains time and time again to the officials. So yeah, you're right, there is only one Smoove and we're not going to find another guy like this!

We probably couldn't get Ibaka for Smoove, but he's all of the good side of Smoove with none of the bad. But if the trade were possible, he'd absolutely replace Josh and we'd be a hell of a lot better team after the trade. Ibaka blocks shots better than Josh, rebounds about the same if not better and is a FAR better shooter than Josh is. Yeah we'd miss some of Josh's highlight passes, but I think we'd survive.

As to replacing Horford, yeah he could be replaced, but he doesn't need to be as he does very little that is detrimental to the team and his teammates and coaches love him. Even opposing coaches love him. So why would anyone want to replace him?

• Like 1

Who cares that he is so different than other players. I do not see that as an automatic advantage. Shit... There could be a one-legged minion with red hair in the league and that doesn't mean I want him on my team just because he is one of a kind. I want guys that make us better as a team. I don't care that you can block some shots and dunk the basketball. Why is your entire argument just throwing it in Al's lap? I don't get it. Is it because he went to Florida? It's like asking someone if they like apples or oranges more and their response is peaches.

• Like 1

If the premise is that there are more players in the NBA like Horford than Smith -- insinuating that Al is 'easier to replace' -- my answer is simple:

Of course there are. NBA teams tend to give roster slots to players who maximize positive contributions and minimize negative ones.

• Like 4

Are you even reading? Is that all you're going to say? Answer this for me.

Is it easier to find someone like Horford or Smoove? Hell, I'd take JJ Hickson over Horford. Cheaper too.

If we could get Hickson for Smith, I'd feel we made out like bandits.

• Premium Member

We can replace Josh's offensive game with anyone in the league. Same could be said about Horford. That wouldn't be hard to do one bit, but how many people will we find that will want to and play defense, block shots, rebound, & pass like Josh? Hardly any. Like I said, I'm not to concerned about his offense unless he's shooting jumpers all game. If we lose Josh, we're going to need someone who plays in the post because Horford doesn't. They both love to shoot from the perimeter, but I'm taking a wild guess that Josh has shot more attempts in the paint than Horford has. Point is, it is easy to replace a Horford, but not a Smoove.

Just so you know...

Soft RO-BOSS Al Horford Offensive win shares: 2.1 (1st)

Soft RO-BOSS Al Horford Defensive win Shares: 1.8 (2nd)

Hmmmm.. WS/48...

Soft RO-BOSS Al Horford ranks... that's right, 1st again (.139)

Birdbrain Smith actually does pretty well (.060), ranked 11th with some nice company. Jenkins ranks 10th, Mike Scott 12th.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2013.html

Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Premium Member

Are you even reading? Is that all you're going to say? Answer this for me.

Is it easier to find someone like Horford or Smoove? Hell, I'd take JJ Hickson over Horford. Cheaper too.

Careful son. I would guess 80%+ of this board would take IVAN over Smith right now. Posted Image

Edited by BrazilianHawk