• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ferry looking.....

Vol4ever

You must be a Dallas fan b/c this trade is garbage for the Hawks...flat out garbage

Funny how the ESPN trade checker says that a trade of Carter + Marion for Smith doesn't change our outlook one bit ( which means that we're not going to collapse without Josh here )

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ajh7cby

But if you don't want to trade him for Marion + Carter . . Marion + Mayo would be a better look

PG - Teague

G - Mayo

F - Marion

PF - Horford

C - Zaza

6th - Lou

7th - Harris

8th - Korver

9th - Ivan

I'd have no problem whatsoever with that 9 man rotation, with one of the rookies ( Jenkins/Scott ) being that 10th guy off the bench.

And we'd still keep our flexibility at the end of the season to sign a big time free agent.

Well Al Jefferson was never an All Star. Guys that are/were that their teams may make available: Amar'e StoudamireAndrew BynumCarlos BoozerDanny GrangerPaul PierceZach RandolphGerald WallaceDavid West

I would rather have Al Jefferson then any of those guys. I bet most GMs would agree. I also like Gortat and JJ Hickson more then any of those guys. I would not touch Bynum. He could be Speedy Claxton2.0 Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Gortat would be great. The Boston deal sounds good. Al Jefferson might be good for two reasons (1) you get a short term trial if you are thinking about signing him in FA and (2) if you do decide to sign him, you have his rights to give you a little more leverage but this only makes sense to me if you can't get something that is a build for the future deal.

MaceCase's list of past the primers would be a pass for me, as would the Dallas deal.

• Like 2

Evan Turner would be nice. If we're dealing with Dallas, I'd rather go for something like Marion/Brendan Wright/2013 1st, because they could very well end up in the lottery, plus we'd get a SF who rebounds and defends and a C that can't rebound but can score around the basket and platoon with Zaza, both on short deals.

Guys like Bynum, West, Jefferson, and Millsap are simply guys you can simply sign. Bynum presents too much reward not to go after especially if you strike out on Dwight.

Horford can't guard the 5 anymore. Josh can't out quick 4s anymore. Might as well slide them down a position and sign the best big you can get on the market.

For some odd reason, I think Smoove and Dwight will be in Dallas by next seasons start.

I don't think that's too odd. In fact, I do think Dwight ends up in Dallas next season, what with the LA meltdown and his personal drama in Atlanta, and Smith may or may not follow him.

Guys like Bynum, West, Jefferson, and Millsap are simply guys you can simply sign. Bynum presents too much reward not to go after especially if you strike out on Dwight.

Horford can't guard the 5 anymore. Josh can't out quick 4s anymore. Might as well slide them down a position and sign the best big you can get on the market.

Only guy on that list I'd go after is Bynum. I'd see if I can offer him a one year deal to prove that he can stay healthy and go from there.

I really don't like the Dallas deals, Marion and Carter are done. I would hate to see them here. Al Jefferson in my opinion wouldn't fit our style of play and would slow us down. Houston doesn't having anything of value for us. Gay is a lateral move. Pacers won't trade Paul George to us. Honestly, I say keep Smoove with a chance to sign Dwight this summer. If we don't get Dwight, we should then try to sign and trade Smoove for the best package of young players and draft picks because we can still offer smoove more money than any team even though he is unrestricted he would desire that extra 20 million from us.

I really don't like the Dallas deals, Marion and Carter are done. I would hate to see them here. Al Jefferson in my opinion wouldn't fit our style of play and would slow us down. Houston doesn't having anything of value for us. Gay is a lateral move. Pacers won't trade Paul George to us. Honestly, I say keep Smoove with a chance to sign Dwight this summer. If we don't get Dwight, we should then try to sign and trade Smoove for the best package of young players and draft picks because we can still offer smoove more money than any team even though he is unrestricted he would desire that extra 20 million from us.

I say trade for picks.. atleast what we can get for him .. Its time to let the d12 pipe dream go cause dude is not coming here.. I really do not even want him here At this point cause he has regressed

you can't win in the playoffs relying on fast break ball to win a series. Unless you have Paul, James Kobe , Durant, Westbrook, (top 5 perimeter player) you need an offensive post presence to compete. You must be versatile enough to have a half court offense other then relying on jumpers.