Hawks - Lottery Team?

PaceRam

• Premium Member

Teague-Horf-Smoove is enough to get the team to the playoffs. I had doubts before we brought in Lou that we'd be a lottery team and I doubt it now. We're just not that bad. We're not a team of untalented scrubs and we're not a young team that doesn't know what its doing. This is a team full of veterans and it essentially has two All-Stars (if you count Smoove, that is). Much as we complain about Drew, he's also been around the league for a long time.

They'll be fine.

I think they should be, we just have not enough talent, size, rebounding to be a playoff team.

We just have 1 PG and 2 PF, the rest of the team probably would not play on any team except Harris and Korver, the team is very poorly balanced, we don't have defense on the perimeter, we get outrebonded on any game... We whould begin rebuilding around Teague and Horford and whoever we could get for Smith, hopefully Gay or Jefferson. A lottery pick + a 16-20 pick would be a nice first step although this draft is really weak.

Andrew Bynum is the wild card in the East. If Philly can get him back after the All-Star break, all bets are off on if they can get that 8th seed.

They're 5 games behind us, with still over 1/2 of the season left to play. This schedule for us will get increasingly difficult with very few "breaks" vs bad teams. Those stretch of games starting with the road trip around the All-Star break could literally make or break us.

In the meantime, this is the Hawks theme song

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWJXDG2i0A

Edited by northcyde
  • Like 1

Andrew Bynum is the wild card in the East. If Philly can get him back after the All-Star break, all bets are off on if they can get that 8th seed.

They're 5 games behind us, with still over 1/2 of the season left to play. This schedule for us will get increasingly difficult with very few "breaks" vs bad teams. Those stretch of games starting with the road trip around the All-Star break could literally make or break us.

In the meantime, this is the Hawks theme song

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWJXDG2i0A

I kind of agree with this but I don't think Bynum cares enough about basketball to count on being a difference maker. Plus I don't see us standing pat. We might not make a big move but I think we are going to make a move significant enough.

Edited by MrMeltdown