• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WOJO: Atlanta Hawks called the Lakers on Howard's availability

GameTime

There have been players who take less money to help there own team(like Gilbert who instead of signing for 6yrs/124mill took ONLY 6yrs/111mil) not disputing that - . Tim Duncan left money on the table so his team could sign players to win a CHAMPIONSHIPS, The Miami 3 left $ money on the table to play with each other, other ALLSTARS to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. Don't you think it was easier for them to take less because of who they were teaming up with. Who will D12 take less to play with?

I am not talking about thinking ahead in terms of winning championships I'm talking about the money aspect you mentioned about the possibility of signing another max deal.

Who is D12 taking more to play with? A bunch of guys at the minimum 5 years his senior on a losing team that are signed for a minimum of an extra year before the Lakers enter the exact situation of which you are claiming isn't at all advantagous for the Hawks?....except eliminate all the young prospects and draft picks from the capspace.

Better yet, let's ask what player of his caliber believes that his career is likely to be over just a scant 4 years later at barely the age of 31 that he has to pursue the most lucrative deal possible now regardless of his team's prospects for winning? This isn't some 3rd tier star like Joe taking advantage of his only chance to see a payday that large. If his back is truly oh so troubling.....then why would anyone want him at anywhere near a max deal to be discussing the differences?

SVG is a very good coach, he just got screwed by Otis jacking up the roster and ruining it by making all those trades.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Got screwed by Riley also when he decided to cement his legacy with a primed by SVG Heat team.

• Moderators

Got screwed by Riley also when he decided to cement his legacy with a primed by SVG Heat team.

I think of that Heat team when considering the whole tank vs playoff question. Granted they had Wade but SVG took Wade/Odom team that was 24-35 at the end of february. They went 17-5 to close out the season. 2nd round playoff exit, but they generated enough excitement and next season they have Shaq, go to the conference finals, next season finals.

I think of that Heat team when considering the whole tank vs playoff question. Granted they had Wade but SVG took Wade/Odom team that was 24-35 at the end of february. They went 17-5 to close out the season. 2nd round playoff exit, but they generated enough excitement and next season they have Shaq, go to the conference finals, next season finals.

You should only consider tanking if you one of the "lucky" franchises, like the Lakers, Spurs, Bulls, Cavs, Colts (in the NFL), etc. No way should a team like the Hawks ever consider tanking since we're not a "lucky" team.

Oh look, Dwight doesn't like yet another coach.

Despite that stupid fake smile, the guy is a true a-hole. His body can't keep up because of nagging injuries and a lack of quickness and it is the coach's fault. Sure, Dwight.

Guess I'm in the minority that think SVG isn't a good coach. So those of you who are saying he is a good coach, would you want him as our coach next year?

Not if Dwight was going to be on our team as he's another coach who Dwight has already tarnished. But if we didn't have Dwight I'd be very interested in hiring SVG.

Not if Dwight was going to be on our team as he's another coach who Dwight has already tarnished. But if we didn't have Dwight I'd be very interested in hiring SVG.

What he said. You don't think SVG is a good coach? Who would you rather have? Pop ain't coming here.

I GUESS I want Howard here, if only so we'll have some star power (I've really soured on Howard *drumroll*), but assuming he doesn't come here SVG would be at the top of my list among available coaches. I like Blatt too from what I know of him.

I do know SVG took a team with an offensively limited superstar to the finals. Sure, the East was weak, but Van Gundy turned the Magic into a defensive juggernaut while Turkoglu and Lewis were the starting forwards (you see the Lakers now? It couldn't have all been Howard). They weren't a bad offensive team either. People talk about Lebron not having a supporting cast. That Cavs team blew the Magic team out of the water talent wise IMO, the Cavs just had Mike Brown at the head.

Edited by TheFuzz