• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith on Josh Smith not making All-Star team: "...that's a devastation."

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/josh_smith_calls_it_a_devastation_that_irving_holiday_made_all_star_team_over_hawks_teammates/12752647

My opinions are that Al is a victim of the new playoff voting where they took out the center position and Josh didn't make it because the suspension which I believe was an argument with Drew. You want to be respected Josh, then show some respect. Stop bitching at refs and start respecting your coaches. You don't have the fan base to vote you in, so really the only other option to get in is through the coaches picks.

Also, Kyrie and Jrue have played at an All-Star level this year. They can't help that the rest of their teams suck...

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

The title of this thread isn't exactly accurate. He said "it's a devestation" that a Hawk didn't make the team when there are All-stars on teams that probably won't make the playoffs. He was speaking for Al too...

• Like 2

• Moderators

Love hearing that - right when we're about to play the Celtics too.

I love and hate it... Could mean that Josh has another stellar game or it could mean that old Josh comes out and tries to do to much... We'll see.And I understand the title is slightly misleading, but I was playing off the title of another thread titled "Kenny Smith on Josh Smith...". Sorry if anyone was misled...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all know that every season after Smoove doesnt make the team he goes out and tries to prove everyone wrong. Remember last season? He was averaging what, 20+ppg after he didnt make it? Im expecting more of the same. He is going to try to take it to KG tonight! ALong with AL.

I'd rather him average 15ppg while taking no threes and giving the ball to the guards, than have him average 20ppg while hurting the team.

Jrue nor Kyrie have any business on that team. Kyrie is overrated and it will come to light once he has teammates. Dude is just another SG playing PG and reaping the benefits. Kyrie is a slightly better version of Deron Williams at best but Deron gets left off on a playoff team.

Jrue nor Kyrie have any business on that team. Kyrie is overrated and it will come to light once he has teammates. Dude is just another SG playing PG and reaping the benefits. Kyrie is a slightly better version of Deron Williams at best but Deron gets left off on a playoff team.

You can't be serious, take off your Hawks glasses and look at the play of the players in question. Josh doesn't deserve to be an All Star this year, Al probably does though. Jrue and Kyrie are both studs who are leading their teams to the best of their abilities, it's not their fault their teammates can't contribute enough.

Deron Williams is grossly overrated, dude has been nothing short of terrible ever since he left Utah. Just check his stats.

They should have played better.

I don't disagree with you, but the politics is bullshit. We're six games over .500 and one of them deserved to represent the Hawks. Teams that have 11 wins don't deserve an all-star. Smoove or Horf should have been there... We're in the playoffs right now, we deserve one roster spot. Hell, I live in Ohio, but Kyrie trumping us is a PR move... The Cavs, as a team, 11 wins??? Dumb...

You can't be serious, take off your Hawks glasses and look at the play of the players in question. Josh doesn't deserve to be an All Star this year, Al probably does though. Jrue and Kyrie are both studs who are leading their teams to the best of their abilities, it's not their fault their teammates can't contribute enough.

Deron Williams is grossly overrated, dude has been nothing short of terrible ever since he left Utah. Just check his stats.

I did not once say Josh nor Al deserved it, but I will now say both deserve it more than Jrue or Kyrie. It is easy to put up numbers against bad teams or when you are a part of one. Shoot me for being consistent I am on record as not being in love with Kevin Love for the very reason.

Wow. You aren't short on shock value I tell you that, Melt.

Kyrie's assist per minute rates are lower than Teague's and Kyrie can not even maintain a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio which is a joke for any starting PG and just sad for someone named a all-star. There are a lot of things that point to him being a part of the problem with his losing team. Has no business on the all-star team over Al Horford.

The Cavs suck. They have nobody but Irving since Varajedoohjohhgohhg....whatever dreadlocks got hurt.

I know it's all stupid politics, but a Hawk should have been on that team. We haven't dropped much since our six time all-star was traded. Doesn't that say something? We're just as competitive. The Hawks had winning records the last 5 years, so Joe was the defacto all-star, prolly because he made the most money. Al sneaked in there twice, but well deserved. We're in the same place...and not one of our forwards? it's BS

• Premium Member

Kyrie's assist per minute rates are lower than Teague's and Kyrie can not even maintain a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio which is a joke for any starting PG and just sad for someone named a all-star. There are a lot of things that point to him being a part of the problem with his losing team. Has no business on the all-star team over Al Horford.

Hmmm... Cleveland has one of the worst rosters I've ever seen in my life. Hard to expect Kyrie to get many assists (or wins) passing to Alonzo Gee, Daniel Gibson, Triston Thompson, and Don Waivers. You take Karie and Varejao (who's injured) out of that lineup and you are talking about a legitametly NBDL type of roster. Furthermore Kyrie is only 20 years old and it is extremely common for young PGs to pile on the turnovers. I also don't understand how you say there are a lot of signs that point towards him being the problem since he leads his team in almost every single statistical category, including offensive win shares, TS% (by a mile), points, assists, steals etc. While the turnovers are ugly, you have to consider that they are at least somewhat inflated since Kyrie is pretty much asked to be the teams leading scorer, only ball-handler, and passer. On the other hand, while Kyrie may not have figured out just yet how to run the point effectively (and probably won't until Cleveland signs at least one other starting caliber NBA player) the man can score at an incredible level. He has more 30 points game this week than Horford does in his entire career. And don't give me the "anyone can score 30 on a bad team" line, because there aren't many players in the NBA right now who can average 27 points on 50% field goal shooting (43% on threes, 90% from the line) for a whole month on ANY team. We are talking about Lebron / Durant type of numbers here. (his team is 7-7 during that stretch including a thrashing of the Hawks, and that's without Varejao)

What's funny to me is that when we were a perennial bottom feeders we would get mad over our players getting snubbed based off of the teams' record. Now we want our players in because of our record. Horford is nothing more than a role player who occasionally strings together superb games. After three straight seasons of 15-16 points and 9-10 rebounds a game we should just accept the fact Horford is a Christian Laettner type of player and nothing more, and just be grateful as fans that he got into multiple All Star games as it is. If Horford was so incredibly valuable how do you explain us basically not missing a beat all of last season and finishing with the fourth seed without him?? As for Josh, he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the conversation for All Star this year, as all he has done this year is give the NBA one of the most embarrassing offensive seasons since Toine rocked a Hawks Jersey.

Edited by Atlantaholic