• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith says he's worth the max

Jody23

• Premium Member

I would like it if Ferry could make the Hawks so attractive that all the major free agents would have to consider Atlanta, even if Josh wasn't here. I literally HATE the fact that our chances with Dwight seem to depend on keeping Josh at great cost. As long as the Hawks can put together a legit winner, why wouldn't Dwight consider the ATL even if Josh isn't there?

Edited by Jody23

You have not the watched NBA long to notice all the crazy contracts? LOL

I've been watching since the mid 80s and agree no one would give him a am deal ........just an opinion......time will tell. Edited by coachx

I would like it if Ferry could make the Hawks so attractive that all the major free agents would have to consider Atlanta, even if Josh wasn't here. I literally HATE the fact that our chances with Dwight seem to depend on keeping Josh at great cost. As long as the Hawks can put together a legit winner, why wouldn't Dwight consider the ATL even if Josh isn't there?

I've thought about this as well. I wonder how much Josh and his agent might be using, if at all, the possibility of Josh being important in luring Dwight? Can't blame them if they are but it sure scares the hell out of me to think of how good or bad a bad attitude Josh with an immature, goofy Dwight would turn out for this organization. I really don't know if it would be an amazing building block or another huge mistake for the organization.

• Premium Member

I've thought about this as well. I wonder how much Josh and his agent might be using, if at all, the possibility of Josh being important in luring Dwight? Can't blame them if they are but it sure scares the hell out of me to think of how good or bad a bad attitude Josh with an immature, goofy Dwight would turn out for this organization. I really don't know if it would be an amazing building block or another huge mistake for the organization.

He and his agent absolutely are/will play the Dwight Howard card. That's what's so frustrating about the situation. If there were no connection to Dwight, you can bank on the fact that Josh would have been or would be traded. He's simply no where as good as he thinks he is and often times hurts the team more than he helps. I really wish there was a way to take Josh out of the opportunity to get a good piece to a puzzle in Howard. Ferry probably hates to hear some reports that the Hawks want to "build around Smith". But he probaly has to grin and bear it because the connected opportunity to get Dwight Howard is better than other alternatives. Edited by Jody23

Ferry should just pull off a quick unexpected and move Smith releiving us all of the horrible, seemingly eternal; where will Dwight go sitcom. Crazy thing with us, we're in the Josh Smith, dirivitive Dwight situation. Most of us don't want to re-sign Smith, but many are reluctant to trade him with hopes towards Howard. If we keep Smith and whiff on Howard, we either let Smith walk for nothing or sign him to a deal noone wants to give him.

• Like 2

Ferry should just pull off a quick unexpected and move Smith releiving us all of the horrible, seemingly eternal; where will Dwight go sitcom. Crazy thing with us, we're in the Josh Smith, dirivitive Dwight situation. Most of us don't want to re-sign Smith, but many are reluctant to trade him with hopes towards Howard. If we keep Smith and whiff on Howard, we either let Smith walk for nothing or sign him to a deal noone wants to give him.

Man I have been screaming this for a while now. It seems we are beyond the point of no return now. We are committed to this way of thinking. It is scary to imagine because in our so-called best case scenario we end up with Dwight and Josh, both of which are unpredictable and horrible offensively. But, this is sure to turn around our franchise and bring light from the heavens!!!

That's why I still contend that we should offer a legit trade package to LA right now, instead of playing this game of chicken over the summer.

Make it right now, and see how all parties respond to it . . . Lakers, Howard, etc. If they turn it down, NOW you can also make a decision on Josh Smith's future here in ATL.

I want Dwight to flat out say . . . "YES . . I would consider playing in Atlanta for the Hawks."

I mean damn, he hasn't even said that, and people still have all of their hope that he'll come here, with the stipulation that we keep Smith. That's a hell of a dream to hold onto going into the summer, when the Lakers will have his rights and can pay him the most.

That's why I still contend that we should offer a legit trade package to LA right now, instead of playing this game of chicken over the summer. Make it right now, and see how all parties respond to it . . . Lakers, Howard, etc. If they turn it down, NOW you can also make a decision on Josh Smith's future here in ATL. I want Dwight to flat out say . . . "YES . . I would consider playing in Atlanta for the Hawks." I mean damn, he hasn't even said that, and people still have all of their hope that he'll come here, with the stipulation that we keep Smith. That's a hell of a dream to hold onto going into the summer, when the Lakers will have his rights and can pay him the most.

I couldn't agree more. Josh would be nasty in D'Antoni's system... Josh/Teague/Petro for Howard

I couldn't agree more. Josh would be nasty in D'Antoni's system...Josh/Teague/Petro for Howard

No. If the stipulation is that Howard would play in ATL only if Josh were here, then we'd have to keep Josh. The deal would have to be much sweeter than what you proposed.

- Horford

- Teague

- Korver

- 1st round pick ( Houston )

for Dwight.

That's the only way you're going to get the Lakers to seriously think about moving Dwight, if they would move him at all.