• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Lowry

capstone21

I suggested Lowry last season and it wasn't taken too well. I demand a cookie and an apology!

Seriously though, he's a good, complete player on a good contract. Plays good D, passes well, and can shoot. If we trade for Lowry, that unfortunately might make Teague expendable.

I'd be all for it, though as others have said, this would have some repercussions for Teague. Because when healthy, Lowry is a better PG than Teague is.

If we do indeed decide to go after Lowry and his affordable contract (plus his injury history), it will be interesting to see what we do with Teague.

I suggested Lowry last season and it wasn't taken too well. I demand a cookie and an apology! Seriously though, he's a good, complete player on a good contract. Plays good D, passes well, and can shoot. If we trade for Lowry, that unfortunately might make Teague expendable.

That was when he was not under contract......now we know he is on a bargain contract for the next 3.5 years.

Ya he's only under contract thru 2014-15...a year and a half. Which makes it better giving us flexibility in case he gets injured. We won't be stuck like we were with Craig S. ClaxSorry I meant 2013-14

Lowry's contract is up next season and it took Lowry five years to get to the numbers that he is currently at. It took Teague 4 years to get to that point. I am not so sure that he is better than Teague. I just watched Lowry and the Raps tonight. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

I would love to have Lowry without giving up any starter or Harris. We could rotate Teague, Harris, and Lowry and define our team as a running team. Everything does not have to be one person against another. We can have all 3.

I agree in that Lowry isn't a huge upgrade over Teague. I'm not a fan of the 3 PG idea though.

Lowry's contract is up next season and it took Lowry five years to get to the numbers that he is currently at. It took Teague 4 years to get to that point. I am not so sure that he is better than Teague. I just watched Lowry and the Raps tonight. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

I would love to have Lowry without giving up any starter or Harris. We could rotate Teague, Harris, and Lowry and define our team as a running team. Everything does not have to be one person against another.

Off topic a little, but Rondo is out for the rest of the season. As a Hawks fan, I love it. Boston should be done. As an NBA fan, I hate it. Love Rondo, was having a great season leading the league in assists and third in FG% for guards. Sh@t happens. I definately feel no sympathy though with the injuries and lack of continuity we've had.

• Premium Member

Off topic a little, but Rondo is out for the rest of the season. As a Hawks fan, I love it. Boston should be done. As an NBA fan, I hate it. Love Rondo, was having a great season leading the league in assists and third in FG% for guards. Sh@t happens. I definately feel no sympathy though with the injuries and lack of continuity we've had.

I'll never feel bad for the Celtics lol. It will be interesting to see where they go from here. They could go also get into the Lowry sweepstakes to make a final run (at a lower seed), or maybe trade off their veterans and give up on the year.

• Premium Member

Favorite team aside, I hate it for anyone who suffers a torn ACL. I wish Rondo the best in his recovery.

You know that's not how the NBA works, especially when you have other good to great players on the team. People were thinking the same thing about us, when Horford went down last year.

Boston and Miami are currently in OT. And the reason why, is because Rondo's absence forces Pierce to play that all-around game that he's been known for throughout his career. And now KG is looking for his shot a whole lot more.

Then you have the Boston guards ( Bradley, Harris, Terry . . and now Barbosa . . who was asking to be traded out of Boston early this week ) all being looked at to contribute in a big way. The result so far with 2 minutes to go in OT?

31 points - 9 rebounds - 7 assists total between the 4 guards.

Boston is a veteran team. And even if their losing streak will continue today, look for this injury to ironically have them playing better in the 2nd half of the season. This isn't to say that they're better without Rondo, but remember

They beat us in the playoffs last year WITHOUT Rondo, in Game 2. A game which would've given us total control of that series, but they still dominated us in that game.