• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle

benhillboy

Without even looking at it, I would almost bet money that the Hawks are far more successful when Josh grabs 10+ rebounds, than when he scores 20+ points. And the reason for that is we desperately need him rebounding, more than we need him scoring. If we can get both, that's great. But if we had to choose one or the other, it would have to be the rebounding.

Thought so

When Josh gets 10+ rebounds, the Hawks are 14 - 7

When Josh scores 20+ points, the Hawks are 7 - 7

(( We're also 12 - 3 when Josh dishes out 6 or more assists, so last night was a rarity when Josh is passing like that ))

Get a clue Larry Drew ( and Josh Smith ), and read my sig from the great Pat Summitt

OFFENSE sells TICKETS . . . DEFENSE wins GAMES . . . REBOUNDING wins CHAMPIONSHIPS !!!

Edited by northcyde

Thought so

When Josh gets 10+ rebounds, the Hawks are 14 - 7

When Josh scores 20+ points, the Hawks are 7 - 7

(( We're also 12 - 3 when Josh dishes out 6 or more assists, so last night was a rarity when Josh is passing like that ))

Get a clue Larry Drew ( and Josh Smith ), and read my sig from the great Pat Summitt

OFFENSE sells TICKETS . . . DEFENSE wins GAMES . . . REBOUNDING wins CHAMPIONSHIPS !!!

Joe didn't rebound...

In a vacuum, we miss his defense, his shot-creating (particularly in the post), and ... nope. We really don't miss anything else.

TheFuzz, on 09 Feb 2013 - 13:59, said:Joe didn't rebound...In a vacuum, we miss his defense, his shot-creating (particularly in the post), and ... nope. We really don't miss anything else.

Correct. But Joe wasn't the starting PF either.3 years ago, when JJ and Jamal were firing away via a ton of ISOs, our "bigs " were in position to rebound their misses. Jj and Jamal also didn't turn the ball over much. This limited wasted possessions because of a turnover and gave us 2nd possessions.If Josh wants to play the 2006 role of Joe Johnson, that's fine. But at that point, the coach must surround him with people who are highly capable of rebounding his misses. But when he and Horford are taking the same types of shots our guards are taking, there is no one to get rebounds.

Y'all catch Joe tonight? You mean to tell me be can't help lead his full-strength team to a win at home against a Duncan-and-Ginobili-less Spurs squad at home on national TV? (Just kidding, I know Parker could've sat out and they still wouldve won). Outplayed by the great Danny Green and Stephen Jackson? (more sarcasm, I'll take Cap over Joe in a heartbeat). 19 points on 16 shots and 2 rebounds. Joe has always been inconsequential to winning or losing. He just keeps the boat steady. He had his little hot streak during their coaching change against bad teams for his scrub All-Star bid, but he fell short and now he's done for the season. On the other hand, having the top three point shooter in the league is arguably the main reason our little 3 All-Star appearance team is only 1 game behind the supposedly stacked Nets with double-digit All-Star appearances. Has Joe ever held a notable distinction or been at the top of the league in anything ever? No. I hear on the Nets blog they want Josh. Ferry just can't stop raping that franchise.

Edited by benhillboy

Y'all catch Joe tonight? You mean to tell me be can't help lead his full-strength team to a win at home against a Duncan-and-Ginobili-less Spurs squad at home on national TV? (Just kidding, I know Parker could've sat out and they still wouldve won). Outplayed by the great Danny Green and Stephen Jackson? (more sarcasm, I'll take Cap over Joe in a heartbeat). 19 points on 16 shots and 2 rebounds. Joe has always been inconsequential to winning or losing. He just keeps the boat steady. He had his little hot streak during their coaching change against bad teams for his scrub All-Star bid, but he fell short and now he's done for the season. On the other hand, having the top three point shooter in the league is arguably the main reason our little 3 All-Star appearance team is only 1 game behind the supposedly stacked Nets with double-digit All-Star appearances. Has Joe ever held a notable distinction or been at the top of the league in anything ever? No. I hear on the Nets blog they want Josh. Ferry just can't stop raping that franchise.

LOL . . other than a 3rd team All-NBA appearance and multiple Player of the Week and Month appearances . . no.

SMH . . . we're 8 - 13 in our last 21 games . . you know that, right?

LOL . . other than a 3rd team All-NBA appearance and multiple Player of the Week and Month appearances . . no. SMH . . . we're 8 - 13 in our last 21 games . . you know that, right?

Your need to defend him everytime I kill him says enough. You know how miniscule his effect on a game is. And smh and lol is for women who don't have an intelligent or valid point to make. You know that right? Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

sorry man but saying he's playing on par with Joe ain't saying much.the money is a different story

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Your need to defend him everytime I kill him says enough. You know how miniscule his effect on a game is. And smh and lol is for women who don't have an intelligent or valid point to make. You know that right?

All I do is speak the truth. Even last night, JJ and Lopez were the only guys doing anything in that game. Deron flat out disappeared in the 3rd quarter on both ends of the floor. And as soon as JJ took his rest in the 3rd quarter, the game got out of hand for Brooklyn and they never could get back in the game.

I defend JJ because you're a known JJ hater. So I simply balance out what you say. Even you cited earlier in the thread how the Nets were significantly better with JJ on the court, than off the court.

The funny thing about JJ's departure is that it's not the people who liked JJ who constantly bring his name up. It's guys like you who do it. You're the one who is tying the success of the Hawks and comparing it with the Nets. Neither team is a championship level team who can beat Miami.

As I said before . . moving JJ for contract reasons was justified. But we're not a better team overall on the court without the dude. Those are just the facts.

All I do is speak the truth. Even last night, JJ and Lopez were the only guys doing anything in that game. Deron flat out disappeared in the 3rd quarter on both ends of the floor. And as soon as JJ took his rest in the 3rd quarter, the game got out of hand for Brooklyn and they never could get back in the game.

I defend JJ because you're a known JJ hater. So I simply balance out what you say. Even you cited earlier in the thread how the Nets were significantly better with JJ on the court, than off the court.

The funny thing about JJ's departure is that it's not the people who liked JJ who constantly bring his name up. It's guys like you who do it. You're the one who is tying the success of the Hawks and comparing it with the Nets. Neither team is a championship level team who can beat Miami.

As I said before . . moving JJ for contract reasons was justified. But we're not a better team overall on the court without the dude. Those are just the facts.

No it's your opinion and the stats that you choose to look at which lead you to say that we're not a better team. I looked at the same stats and what I've seen on the court and I see a better team without JJ and I'm not the only one who sees that.