• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Big Game for Kyle K...bummer for Ivan

DJlaysitup

Wow - Awesome performance last night by Kyle Korver to get us back "in range" to pull out a win. He didn't do it all by himself but that was about as close to a Larry Bird-like performance I have seen in years. Just nailed big shot after big shot. He also did his best in other aspects of the game - did his best on Defense and got most of the rebounds that he was capable of getting. An absolute stellar performance against a rival team that we probably shouldn't have beaten last night.

Others pitched in as well - Devin was big during the rally and Jeff Teague at one point was 5 for 5 from the field (early) when the rest of the team couldn't seem to do anything. Hard to say that Jeff "kept us in the game" when we were down 46-20...but without him we would have likely been down 46 to 12.

I was especially interested in Korvers post game comment about LD subbing him out in the first half...there is obviously friction there. (but maybe just a part of the moment and nothing serious).

As far as Ivan goes...I thought he got caught up in the problems of the others (although he didn't help much) when we went on the 2 for 20 run. Nobody on the starting front line last night had a "go to" move. I hope LD doesn't use that as a "proved me right" type of thing and hold Ivan out of more games in the future.

Anyway - it was a great game to watch and it was great fun in the chatroom. We won - that's the main thing.

P.S. - I would guess that Kyle Korver's stock went up a mile last night and other teams will be reviewing that tape.

GO HAWKS !!!!!

oh and P.S.S. - we not only had to beat the Celtics last night - we had to beat the Refs.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 3

Ivan made some big shots in the midst of our run in the third quarter. The and 1 lay in/dunk attempt was amazing. He helped out last night.

• Like 1

Ivan was definitely instrumental in that game the other night. He scored 7 points in the last part of that 3rd quarter, including the And-1 that Alex talked about. Ivan went 4 - 5 FG for 9 points in the 10 minutes he played in the 2nd half, with the only shot he missed being a desperation 3 pointer from beyond halfcourt.

He and Korver saved our azz vs the Celtics. Smith and Horford drifted through that 2nd half, but came up big in OT.