• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Keep or Trade Josh Smith?

PaceRam

• Premium Member

Josh is worth all of the discussion. To anybody but the completely biased, you can see why. We know that he can be a game changer - for better or worse, often in the same damn game.

Josh is not a good shooter. Anybody can see that. How does HE not see that? That's the question and an important one. It tells you a lot about the coaching staff here, the ownership, the management, and the quality of players we've had. Because you KNOW had he been developed under certain coaches and in certain systems...there is no damn way he becomes THIS player.

I think there are very few people who blame everything on Josh. In truth, I think that's a defensive and shortsighted way to look at it. Do you run a bunch of plays for your QB to run the ball himself? Do you swap the catcher and the pitcher in crunch time? Do you suit the goalie up and put him at midfield, while you make your best striker defend the goal?

No?

Then explain to me WHY the f*** Josh Smith is shooting all these damn worthless shots when you've got a thousand better options in Deven Harris, Kyle Korver, Jeff Teague, Al Horford, and Lou Williams on the floor? This motherlover is out there *practicing* jump shots during regular season and PLAYOFF games and for the past 3-4 years I'm sitting here wondering......HOW?!?! WHY!?!?! We won't even get into this thing he has for bringing the ball up the court, but DUDE CAN'T DRIBBLE! It's not all his fault, but he is an inefficient part, being used IMPROPERLY, on a productive machine.

Nobody else is like Josh in that regard. Nobody else on this team is out there trying to prove anything. Nobody else is trying to play outside of their game. Everybody on the team understands their role...except Josh who is either a complete moron or he is allowed to do whatever the f*** he wants to do.

Either way...this shit has to end before we can even THINK about being serious.

• Like 1

Should've made this a poll question.

Trade him to Dallas for Marion and Mayo

Would prefer Marion and their first rounder. Mayo's not much, if any, better than Lou Will and he's gonna command a bunch of money. That first rounder will be cheap and considering that Ferry seems to have hit on both Scott and Jenkins I'd like to see some more youth developed in a winning environment.

• Premium Member

Trade Josh for Pau Gasol, instant low post scorer and rebounder. In addition is a good passer and FT shooter. Horford goes to the 4 and Pau gets it done in the paint.

Edited by Vol4ever

My gut tells me we are not trading Josh. Ferry and the front office like the drama that goes along with Smith and stringing people along with the possibility of Howard. The NBA is entertainment no matter how you look at it.

Northcyde I think I agree with a lot of ur ideas but not mayo and Marion for smoove. I know people disagree with me in this but we can get more. Marion is over the hill and mayo hasn't panned out. I'd rather get some young bigs n picks

• Moderators

Northcyde I think I agree with a lot of ur ideas but not mayo and Marion for smoove. I know people disagree with me in this but we can get more. Marion is over the hill and mayo hasn't panned out. I'd rather get some young bigs n picks

I disagree. I think a good trade. One we know about trades is you never get full value for your stars and Josh has his known defects. Marion is old, but he'll give us a wingman and a scorer. He also has only a year left on his deal. O.J is still young and his deal expires at the end of the year. Teague with Mayo would be good backcourt because both can slash and play good defense.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk