• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Brooklyn Nets express interest in Josh Smith

Jody23

Denver plays at a very high pace. Galinari stats even that impressive considering Denver is 2nd is FG attempts, 3rd in scoring. 2nd in assists. Josh would explode offensively playing with Lawson and Miller the exact reason why they would want him. DGs free throw % is a positive and Koufos is a nice piece but make no mistake, the team philosophy on offense are totally night and day between Drew and Carl.

Denver has 3.7 more possessions per game and scores 3.4 points more per 100 possessions than Atlanta does and that's hardly a big difference. If you swapped Gallinari and the ball stopping Josh Smith the teams would be close to equal with both.

LD would LOVE to run an uptempo pace, as would Ferry, but it's kind of hard when you've got your PF and C thinking they are PGs and trying to bring the ball up the court and initiating the offense.

And make no mistake, even if LD is gone, we're going to be a fast tempo, long distance shooting team as that is the type of player Ferry was as a player and that's the way the Spurs are built as well so I fully expect we'll continue to be the same type of team.

• Like 1

Denver has 3.7 more possessions per game and scores 3.4 points more per 100 possessions than Atlanta does and that's hardly a big difference. If you swapped Gallinari and the ball stopping Josh Smith the teams would be close to equal with both.

LD would LOVE to run an uptempo pace, as would Ferry, but it's kind of hard when you've got your PF and C thinking they are PGs and trying to bring the ball up the court and initiating the offense.

And make no mistake, even if LD is gone, we're going to be a fast tempo, long distance shooting team as that is the type of player Ferry was as a player and that's the way the Spurs are built as well so I fully expect we'll continue to be the same type of team.

We've all said Josh would excel in a Phoenix like offense which Denver closely fits. Drew's offense benefits a guy like Horford much better than Josh. It wouldn't be fair to ask Al to be a pure back to the basket player.

As fast break goes, it's not ideal for either forward to lead it but Teague isn't Nash leading players to easy dunks and lay ups either. There are no real facilitators or good passing point guards on this team. Lawson is exceptional running the break, arguably the best at his position.

Actually this was to show Teague making a perfect pass to get Josh a dunk on the break.

I was just stirring the pot about Josh either way. I think Teague is not the greatest PG in the league, but we could do alot worse and have done alot worse in recent years.

We've all said Josh would excel in a Phoenix like offense which Denver closely fits. Drew's offense benefits a guy like Horford much better than Josh. It wouldn't be fair to ask Al to be a pure back to the basket player.

As fast break goes, it's not ideal for either forward to lead it but Teague isn't Nash leading players to easy dunks and lay ups either. There are no real facilitators or good passing point guards on this team. Lawson is exceptional running the break, arguably the best at his position.

Phoenix's offense only works if you have a great PnR PG and a PF or C who also excels at it. PnR is one of Josh's weakest parts to his game, which is why we run that with Horford. The Phoenix and Denver offenses rely on very good outside shooting and that's the other weak part to Josh's game so I truly don't see him being any better or more valuable offensively in either offense. I agree that Josh would be better on the break with Lawson, but Josh would have to agree to not bring the ball up the court and I honestly don't believe he'll stop doing that no matter where he's playing or who he's playing with.