• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

According to Hoopshype, Ferry is pursuing Dwight

reeballin4

Vecsey and Spears are far from the know and have little to no inside info on Hawks affairs. Vecsey got sued over a trade rumor. Woj is the authority on these types of on goings. Until then, I'm not taking any Hawk related rumors serious until he says.

Actually, Jalen Rose is probably the best source of trade rumors and he is more credibly b/c he actually has inside information. He keeps on saying Josh will be traded, but he did retract a say the Lakers should Trade Dwight for Korver and Al Horford....the next few weeks should be interesting

I am really getting tired of this Smoove and Dwight crap. Too bad there is still about 3 weeks left until the deadline, and then it will start all over again in the summer. I really don't think the Lakers are looking to move Dwight, could be wrong but they are starting to come together a bit. They've won 3 straight games. Even if they were to trade him, the Lakers will most definitely take advantage of the sucker trying to obtain him.

• Moderators

Unless Dwight is a problem behind the scenes or a big medical risk at this point, LA is very unlikely to trade him in-season, IMO.

Following up on a tangent, Austin Rivers is terrible. Just terrible at this point in his career. This makes him a great fit for a team that wants to tank and develop young talent but I don't want to see anyone suggesting a lineup where he is starting on a team with playoff aspirations in 2012-13 or 2013-14.

I see Josh staying here until the off season. Houston clears 24 million in space if the cap stays at 58. They sign Al Jefferson to a deal starting at 13 million. So with 11 million left, they offer up Terrence Jones, Parsons, and Patterson maybe in a 3 way trade that nets us a first rounder for Patterson.

We give Houston a potential contender and we get Jones, Parsons, and a decent pick.

But if LA takes Horford for Dwight than you have to roll with that obviously. All contingent on their 7 game road trip and how bad they may do. Dwight has a bad lower back and shoulder that requires surgery, not so hot on him but the ownership needs revenue badly.

Where are you getting Houston's numbers from? The lowest I can find is Hoopshype, who has them at $40 without picking up the options for Delfino, Parsons, Greg Smith and Toney Douglas. I gotta figure they'll at least pick up the options on Parsons and probably Douglas or Delfino, which would put them over $45 million. Even if they don't pick up those options and renounce those players, they're still at $40 million and couldn't sign Dwight outright unless the cap goes over $60 million.

Actually, I'm sure it's not lost on northcyde or any of the rest of us that Ferry can't confirm or kill b/c GMs can't talk about other teams' players. (Sure, he might say something off the record, but then that falls short of confirming or killing since it whatever is said can't be directly attributed to him.)

Baba Wawa says it's called tamp-a-wing.

Actually, Jalen Rose is probably the best source of trade rumors and he is more credibly b/c he actually has inside information. He keeps on saying Josh will be traded, but he did retract a say the Lakers should Trade Dwight for Korver and Al Horford....the next few weeks should be interesting

And that's the very most I'd give up for Howard. But if the Lakers are actually considering moving him, then I'm not giving them Korver either as they'd clearly be ready to give him up. They'd get Horford and Harris from me and that's as good as I'm giving up. I'm keeping Korver and hoping to re-sign him next year as we need 3pt shooters around Howard. They're damn sure not getting Teague either as someone earlier suggested. We'd be morons to trade him for anyone but Chris Paul at this point.

Where are you getting Houston's numbers from? The lowest I can find is Hoopshype, who has them at $40 without picking up the options for Delfino, Parsons, Greg Smith and Toney Douglas. I gotta figure they'll at least pick up the options on Parsons and probably Douglas or Delfino, which would put them over $45 million. Even if they don't pick up those options and renounce those players, they're still at $40 million and couldn't sign Dwight outright unless the cap goes over $60 million.

Harden - 13.6

Lin - 5.2

Asik - 5.2

Patterson - 3.1

Morris - 2

Royce - 1.7

Jones - 1.5

DM - 1.4

The rest of their guys are team options, amnestied, qualifying offer. Somebody else reaffirm these numbers. Houston is in prime position to do something.

Harden - 13.6

Lin - 5.2

Asik - 5.2

Patterson - 3.1

Morris - 2

Royce - 1.7

Jones - 1.5

DM - 1.4

The rest of their guys are team options, amnestied, qualifying offer. Somebody else reaffirm these numbers. Houston is in prime position to do something.

Harden - 13.7

Lin - 8.4

Asik - 8.4

Patterson - 3.1

Morris - 2

Royce - 1.7

Jones - 1.5

DM - 1.4

According to Sham (who is a better source) Hoopshype is pretty far off on Lin and Asik as they're both at 8.4, not 5.2. That puts them at roughly 40.3 million, but they'd have to renounce the rights to Delfino, Douglas, Parsons, and Smith and they're for sure going to at least keep Parsons so that adds another million putting them roughly at 41.3 million.

No. Lin and Asik are actually getting paid 5 mil this season and next then 15 million in their 3rd year but due to some quirk or another thanks to Houston's capspace, the two's cap hit appears at 8 mil flat over their 3 year deals though. This is why NY and Chicago didn't match, the tax bill they would of received in the 14/15 season with their current rosters AND Lin or Asik making 15 mil would of murdered them. I've yet to get clarification on what that means for free agents but their fans seem pretty confident that they'd have a max slot available in the summer.

• Premium Member

Unless Dwight is a problem behind the scenes or a big medical risk at this point, LA is very unlikely to trade him in-season, IMO.

Following up on a tangent, Austin Rivers is terrible. Just terrible at this point in his career. This makes him a great fit for a team that wants to tank and develop young talent but I don't want to see anyone suggesting a lineup where he is starting on a team with playoff aspirations in 2012-13 or 2013-14.

Let me just say.

First. It makes more sense for the Lakers to SNT Howard Now for a young Allstar C than to keep him til the end and prolly get nothing for him.

Second. IF Austin Rivers were playing allstar ball, he would not be considerable. That said, it's his rookie year. Most young players playing OG (neither PG or SG) will have a rough start in the NBA. Hell, Curry just came around as a PG. But Rivers is not a star OG, he's a guy that you will be able to put in there that will give you the Chemistry you need. Remember, his backcourt mate is still Louis Williams. Right now, Rivers is not so strong and he's playing behind Vasquez (who took a few years to get it too).

I just think that that team needs a young guy who can run the offense. LIke I said, Rondo (who also took time to get it) would be perfect, but Boston is not giving up Rondo.

• Moderators

So Dwight re injured his torn labrum, which I can say from experience is very painful and takes forever to heal. I'd guess this is going to impact whether he's traded or not as he says his entire right side hurts majorly.

Yep, sounds like LA is stuck with him now. The brighter side of this is maybe Dwight's price is starting to head south with all of these injuries. Only a dumbass would offer him a max deal right now. No Emmitt Smith treatment with Dwight; I'm thinking $16 mil/yr now. It'd be awesome if the Hawks could sign Dwight to maybe a 2 or 3 yr deal. That way if it doesn't work out, we aren't stuck with him that long and he isn't stuck with us.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I just think that that team needs a young guy who can run the offense. LIke I said, Rondo (who also took time to get it) would be perfect, but Boston is not giving up Rondo.

I have not seen anything resembling the ability to run an offense in college or the NBA from Rivers. He is a gunner who isn't yet accurate. Rondo is a very talented passer (in contrast). The concerns with him are his jump shot, injury history, and attitude. Boston has marketed him for years and just not gotten their asking price. If they decide to deal Garnett and PP, I wouldn't be shocked to see them send Rondo out for real value as well.

So Dwight re injured his torn labrum, which I can say from experience is very painful and takes forever to heal. I'd guess this is going to impact whether he's traded or not as he says his entire right side hurts majorly.

A season ending injury can be a blessing in disguise............Ask David Robinson and Tim Duncan.

• Like 1

A season ending injury can be a blessing in disguise............Ask David Robinson and Tim Duncan.

The Suns own the Lakers' pick. It's why they were so eager to beat them last night, help out their own cause and all to have two lotto picks in this year's draft. It's for this reason (no cap space, aging core, no picks) that the Lakers are seriously doubtful to trade Dwight. Unless a trade can help them address all of those issues, they don't stand to benefit nearly as much from any trade of Dwight than if they were to try and resign him. This isn't like when they traded Shaq, at least then they still had Kobe, if Dwight bolts they are not bothering to tread water with roleplayers but rather go full in on a rebuild and identifying the next star to lead the franchise.

If memory serves the 5th guy on that AAU team was Mike Mercer. He was a top 50 recruit coming out of HS in his own right and was Lou Williams teamate at South Gwinnett. He signed with UGA but was kicked off the team for disciplinary reasons. I think he finished his college career at South Florida in the Big East. Lou Williams was also a UGA commit but decided to turn pro. Morrow as we know played for Ga Tech.

That has to be the best AAU team ever. I was really into to HS basketball then. I had a cousin playing for North Gwinnett at the time....he played college ball at North Ga and is now a collegiate football referee. UGA actually hires him to referee their spring football practices. Nice perk to get some inside info on the football program.

Oh the good old days.........no time for HS basketball anymore.

My HS team played that South Gwinnett team in the State Championship Game my senior year.

Just a reminder Dwight Lovers. He got outplayed by Marcin Gortat and the Lakers lost again. Lets do some simple rationalizing. He's playing with a two-time MVP, my personal pick for greatest player of all time, and a DPOY champion. We don't even have an All-Star, and are 7 games better. An elementary school child could easily draw the conclusion that we're better off without him, and still got 10s of millions to spend on players who can actually stay healthy, catch a pass, hit a free throw, and conduct themselves like adult men. Goddamnit man. I been putting the Joe lovers in their place for years, thankfully he's finally stinking it up somewhere else. At least he was exemplary in the locker room and in the media. I can't go through this. Anyone who wants him here simply needs to brush up on their critical thinking ability about this game. Not surprisingly, it's the same ones who thought Joe was a God because of his fringe All-Star appearances.

Edited by benhillboy