• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

NBA News Reports....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Sources: Hawks expected to trade forward Josh Smith. Possible landing spots: LA Lakers, Indiana Pacers, Denver Nuggets

This might be old.

It's from "NBA NEWS" on Twitter.

IN case, this is true... Help me understand?

I've heard about Smoove for Pau.

But who in INdy or Denver are we looking at?

Hibbert? Granger? AI?

If Pau Gasol can pass the physical I'm ok with it. He only has 1 more year under contract. We can keep him, trade him, or have cap space in 2014.1 thing is certain. He fits better in the ATL then in LA. We need a lottery protected 1st rounder thrown in though. II wanted that trade 5 years ago when he was still in Memphis.I also like the thought of Mosgov and Gallinari for Smith.It's time to move on from Josh.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

It's a fake site, a "news aggregator" with no real sources trying to get attention. (See the type of content the user re-tweets) Don't worry (or get excited) about it.

https://twitter.com/YourNBA_News

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

It's a fake site, a "news aggregator" with no real sources trying to get attention. (See the type of content the user re-tweets) Don't worry (or get excited) about it. https://twitter.com/YourNBA_News ~lw3

The rumors of Smith for Gasol have been. Going on for years. Damn iPad....tired of fixing the typos they create. Edited by coachx

If we do deal Josh away we better not get Gasol. He is soft and has a giant contract. His trade value has never been lower. I don't think Ferry is dumb enough to make this type of deal. If he is...he should start packing his bags though.

Sources: Hawks expected to trade forward Josh Smith. Possible landing spots: LA Lakers, Indiana Pacers, Denver Nuggets

This might be old.

It's from "NBA NEWS" on Twitter.

IN case, this is true... Help me understand?

I've heard about Smoove for Pau.

But who in INdy or Denver are we looking at?

Hibbert? Granger? AI?

Marc Spears said something casually in his rankings. Ever since Spears mentioned this could be the time it actually does happen, everyone has been reprinting it like its the gospel. This is all from a mention on Sunday / Monday.

If we do deal Josh away we better not get Gasol. He is soft and has a giant contract. His trade value has never been lower. I don't think Ferry is dumb enough to make this type of deal. If he is...he should start packing his bags though.

Yeah, because Smith is so "unsoft" huh? With respect to giant contracts, Smith has gone on record saying he is worth, and is looking for, a max contract. Not to mention that he's dumber than dirt.

I would be delighted if we could dump Smith and get a talent like Gasol in exchange.

Yeah, because Smith is so "unsoft" huh? With respect to giant contracts, Smith has gone on record saying he is worth, and is looking for, a max contract. Not to mention that he's dumber than dirt.

I would be delighted if we could dump Smith and get a talent like Gasol in exchange.

Another thing you have to remember is skill set for the personnel we have. Gasol has a skill set that no one else on our team has. I'm scared of his health issues (knees), but Dwight also has health issues (back and shoulder). No one on this team (including Al) has a reliable post game. Gasol is one of the best back to the basket big men in the game today. With our shooters, you cannot discredit that. We could have Gasol, Horford, Jenkins, Lou and still re-sign Teague and another good player next season. Maybe not a max superstar, but a good player, possibly a few. We'd have about $13-$14 million to work with under the cap. That would allow us to bring back guys like Korver, Harris, Ivan, Zaza, etc....

• Like 1

• Moderators

I could see Danny being interested in Granger and every GM knows right now that Denver is the fountain of youth and talent right now.

Smith isn't dumb. He's an unnecessary risk taker.

I really think a year of college ball could have done Smith a lot of good. They say that more employers require college degrees not because it makes them more qualified and have a better understanding for the job, but because it makes them more mature and professional. I agree with you that Smith isn't a "dumb player", but an immature and misled player. He takes unnecessary risks when the stakes are clearly against him. How many times do you have to be burned to learn that fire is hot Smoove? To give him credit, he has been doing better recently...

• Like 1

Gasol's a great center -- definitely an upgrade, and Josh Smith's best season is probably the only one that could crack Gasol's top ten. If health was equal, I'd say it was a no-brainer, but sadly, Gasol's not that healthy.