• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Suns interested in Josh for Gortat

You act like Gortat is a bad defender when he's highly comparable to Josh in every defensive metric and is a better rebounder and more efficient offensively.

I'm a big fan of Gortat, as a bench player. And no..no..no to "when he's highly comparable to Josh in every defensive metric."

Guess that's better than "politics" keeping him out at least. Of course Al is still having a better year than Josh, but we won't worry about bringing facts into this.

Why wasn't Al's name brought up during the Snubs this season? It's always Josh's name floating around about being snubbed. Anyways, I really love defense and that's why I'm a huge Smoove fan. You don't see many guys out there that can do what Smooth can do. You can easily replace an Horford with a cheaper contract, but you can't replace a Smoove - because he is one of a kind (literally).

But hey, I'm not going to debate about this any more, we all know we're not going to change our minds. Time to sit back and see what happens. I just hope if we do trade them, it's something valuable for the future and not something to be mediocre. (I know we're not going to get anything "valuable" because he has one year left, but let's not be dumb about these trades that will hurt us)

Edit: One last thing, you mean the ALBC? (think about it)

Edited by AHawks89

I listed his height earlier and I could truly care less about continuing this debate over 3/4 of an inch for a measurement taken 6 years ago when he was 18.

6'8.25" is not a debate. It's fact. I agree. Move on. I see no reason why the argument persisted in the first place. You called him 6'10". He isn't.

In Beasley's defense, too much pot stunts your growth. He was probably destined to be 6'10" but never said "no".

W

6'8.25" is not a debate. It's fact. I agree. Move on. I see no reason why the argument persisted in the first place. You called him 6'10". He isn't.

In Beasley's defense, too much pot stunts your growth. He was probably destined to be 6'10" but never said "no".

W

I called him 6'10 the way that we call Al 6'10 or Josh 6'9 when neither of them are actually that height even though NBA.com lists them all at those heights. And very early on I posted Beasley's height with shoes.

We have no idea whether or not he's grown in the last 6 years, but I have a hard time believing that a 6'8.25" 18 year kid stopped growing at 18, pot or no pot.

• Premium Member

We are really resorting to these types of players. I really hope Ferry isn't interested at all in making a deal with Phoenix.

Where the hell is Smoove taking us?

When you say resorting to these type of players, do you mean players who are cheaper, Bigger, plays C, and can pull down about 9 rpg and block almost 2 shots per game and give you double digits in a bad offensive scheme?

IF the Deal is Smoove for Gortat and Dudley... we should prolly take it.

• Premium Member

I think this rumor possibly got leaked to put pressure on other teams who may be interested in Josh Smith. I'm still not totally sold that he'll be traded. All of these rumors about Josh being traded could very well be smokescreen for other moves the Hawks may be pursuing.

Edited by Jody23

• Premium Member

People seem to be forgetting this isn't just about Gortat. It is also about what else we get with him and still having cap room for next year. We aren't doing a josh for Gortat and calling it quits.

People seem to be forgetting this isn't just about Gortat. It is also about what else we get with him and still having cap room for next year.We aren't doing a josh for Gortat and calling it quits.

Yeah exactly, Gortat will cost 8 million or so less than what Josh is probably going to seek and possibly get and that allows us to add another very good player in addition to him, plus any extra draft pick or picks we get and maybe a young player like Dudley.

We are really resorting to these types of players. I really hope Ferry isn't interested at all in making a deal with Phoenix.

seriously man.....trust this is a good deal. i know you like josh but I can name 50 things that josh does wrong every game! and he is suppose to be our franchise player. I hate to tell you so i will keep it short my man.......josh just aint that damn good my dude, he just aint.

seriously man.....trust this is a good deal. i know you like josh but I can name 50 things that josh does wrong every game! and he is suppose to be our franchise player. I hate to tell you so i will keep it short my man.......josh just aint that damn good my dude, he just aint.

You know it's getting real up in here when JTB is keeping it short! Posted Image

• Like 1

Horfords contract is horrible, too.

Let's get J.J. Hickson over here, and trade Al for some "pieces" to add to this team "we're building."

ok what?...horford contract is excellent for what he puts out on the court....man I use to be a josh smith fan too until my eyes were opened and i started paying more attention to him...in all honesty smith made me pay attention to him...you know why...because its like the old men in my family always tell me "An ass will always stick out"....josh smith is an ass unlike horford who is smart and plays to his abilities.

• Like 1

ok what?...horford contract is excellent for what he puts out on the court....man I use to be a josh smith fan too until my eyes were opened and i started paying more attention to him...in all honesty smith made me pay attention to him...you know why...because its like the old men in my family always tell me "An ass will always stick out"....josh smith is an ass unlike horford who is smart and plays to his abilities.

You know that's right!

Posted Image

• Like 1

You know it's getting real up in here when JTB is keeping it short! Posted Image

LOL and i really didnt want to but I started thinking about all of Joshes flaws and well....yeah i dont think anybody wants to type all that. its not like you guys dont know his flaws anyways but it baffles me that some people are still blind on how dumb smith is.

• Like 1

I'll rather have a Gortat, Josh, and Al frontcourt. The team has enough assets to acquire him without losing any core players. Gortat doesn't have enough value alone for Josh. If Ferry can push for Gortat and the Phoenix pick over the La pick than it's a good net for us.

I'll always maintain we need a top 7 pick. Just add Jenkins or one of our mid round picks along to make it work.

Edited by Kimsey