• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Suns interested in Josh for Gortat

I may be missing the point here so please elaborate.

People like to downplay Al's all-star nods as being in the leastern conference etc but the fact is that he was voted 3rd best center in the entire league one yearMuch harder to make all-nba than all-star Edited by Nicholasp27

what I don't under stand is the "far better rebounder" comparison to Josh. Josh is getting 8.4 rebounds per game playing PF/SF. Gortat is getting 9.0 rebounds per game playing center. The center position should be the easiest to rebound from on the court. 6/10th a rebound a game from a more prominent rebounding position doesn't seem like "far better" to me. Last year, only .4 more.

Perhaps "far" better isn't quite accurate, but if you look at the advanced metrics you can see that Gortat is a better rebounder. Josh has a total rebound rate of 13.6 while Gortat has a total rebound rate of 16.0. By comparison, Al is a 15.4 and I think most consider him to be a better rebounder than Josh.

Total rebound rate takes into account the percentage of the total rebounds grabbed by a player while he is on the court.

People like to downplay Al's all-star nods as being in the leastern conference etc but the fact is that he was voted 3rd best center in the entire league one yearMuch harder to make all-nba than all-star

Oh gotcha and yes I would certainly agree that All-NBA is a far bigger accomplishment.

We all know that Al got in the All Stars due to the Hawks record, and the lack of Centers in the East. Saw what happened this year once they took that position away? Mmhmm.

Don't be foolish. At some point as fans we must look beyond our biases. Josh has NEVER made an ASG. NEVER. Our record this season isn't that far off from past years.

what I don't under stand is the "far better rebounder" comparison to Josh. Josh is getting 8.4 rebounds per game playing PF/SF. Gortat is getting 9.0 rebounds per game playing center. The center position should be the easiest to rebound from on the court. 6/10th a rebound a game from a more prominent rebounding position doesn't seem like "far better" to me. Last year, only .4 more.

And this is what happens when you don't actually watch the games but just rely on stats. Josh gets a lot of rebounds because the big men like Al/Zaza/Ivan are boxing out and Josh just grabs loose balls. Josh won't boxout to save his life because he's lazy. Gortat works hard for his boards and gives a damn. That's the guy I want. Not the lazy guy. That's why Josh will never be anything but a role player that's feels the stats sheet. He could be so much more but he's lazy and stubborn/dumb.

The devil is in the details...

I don't think there is anyway Pheonix gives us the 6th pick, Gortat, and a player like JD. Certainly not two picks. I can see them adding in the 13th pick. Possibly conditionally exchanging the 6th for our or Houston's pick. In short, I don't think with JS in a contract year that Pheonix is going to "give up all that" but the deal can still be a god one for us.

Of course, I also didn't see anyway to get rid of JJ for cap space (and get a 1st). We'll see.

W

Well, I'm here, and I think it would work better short term (and for a couple of seasons.) My belief is that Horford-Gortat is a better tandem than Smith-Horford.

I think it's close but with the salary difference it's definitely in the Polish Hammer's court. Mind you, as someone said the "Highlight Factory" would have to be renamed. Another poster considered a "softer" Gortat nickname. Put them together and you've got the "Polish Sausage Factory". Sure to bring in the fans.

W

To say the least Gortat certainly would fill our rebounding problem. I mean we are 26th in the League. If Phoenix gave us Gortat/Dudley or Telfair/1st round pick (LA's). I would do it.

Resign Josh, not to a max, get a legit go-to-guy, all star, or a superstar, and get a coach who preaches right and wrong and disciplines the players. Done with this thread, let's see how wonderful this trade works out and if Ferry is dumb enough to do this trade.

So all we need is our selfish/immature star to sacrifice millions of dollars, lure a superstar (which we have never been able to do), and hire a top tier coach?I never realized it was so easy.
  • Like 1