• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Suns interested in Josh for Gortat

nba.com height listing arent accurate. He is no where near 6,10. Hes more like 6,8.

Posted Image next to 6,6 tyreke evans

Posted Image next to 6,9/6,10 durant

Posted Image next to 6,7 shawn marion

Posted Image next to 6,11/7,0 jermaine oneal.

I know NBA.com isn't accurate, just showing how if we consider Josh to be 6'9 then we can consider Beasley to be 6'10. You can't really use those photos as a measurement either as there's far too much that can affect the perspective.

I know NBA.com isn't accurate, just showing how if we consider Josh to be 6'9 then we can consider Beasley to be 6'10. You can't really use those photos as a measurement either as there's far too much that can affect the perspective.

how is the tyreke evans picture not accurate? they are standing forehead to forehead????

is this better???

Posted Image

Edited by yungsta

how is the tyreke evans picture not accurate? they are standing forehead to forehead????

is this better???

Posted Image

Because you can't say for sure what angle the camera is at, whether the ground is flat and level, what shoes they're wearing, etc.

That picture looks to me like he measured at 6'8.25" or so and that's about what I expected. I was never saying he's actually 6'10, I'm saying he's "NBA 6'10" where he's that height in shoes or close to it and he probably is now that it's 6 years of him growing up since that measurement.

What if Josh doesn't like the deal and tells the Suns he won't resign. That would make him a darling for all the Atl fans.

I doubt he would do that. He'd be going to a team where he could be the man, get a fresh start, they are an exciting western conference team and have a lot of cap room next year to build around him plus some young talent. I think that his ego would make him welcome that chance.

Resign Josh, not to a max, get a legit go-to-guy, all star, or a superstar, and get a coach who preaches right and wrong and disciplines the players.

Done with this thread, let's see how wonderful this trade works out and if Ferry is dumb enough to do this trade.

Steve Nash is not walking through that door, Gortat-Horf is redundant; we still won't have a go to to post player; our team gets slower; our defense get worse (Smoove our best defender) and we are first round exits. If we get PHX and LA's picks it makes sense but other than that it doesn't. Rather let Smoove walk and get Al Jefferson than do this (And I don't care for that)

• Like 1

Resign Josh, not to a max, get a legit go-to-guy, all star, or a superstar, and get a coach who preaches right and wrong and disciplines the players.

Done with this thread, let's see how wonderful this trade works out and if Ferry is dumb enough to do this trade.

Thank God Ferry is the GM. No way he does this.

Doesn't make any sense long or short term unless we get the picks.

Thank God Ferry is the GM. No way he does this.

Doesn't make any sense long or short term unless we get the picks.

Does what? Short term unless we get picks?

Sign Josh to a reasonable contract (let him test the FA), and get a good coach who disciplines his players?

Gortat>al Jefferson I think a lot of posters who don't like Gortat don't really know his game. The guy is talented, young, big...and most importantly ISN'T A DRAMA QUEEN.

Does what? Short term unless we get picks?

Sign Josh to a reasonable contract (let him test the FA), and get a good coach who disciplines his players?

Josh is making way too much now, you think he's going to take a pay cut to a "reasonable" salary? I highly doubt it.

Gortat>al JeffersonI think a lot of posters who don't like Gortat don't really know his game. The guy is talented, young, big...and most importantly ISN'T A DRAMA QUEEN.

He's not all that young at 28 although he's not old either, but he is talented and big and plays the game the right way.

Steve Nash is not walking through that door, Gortat-Horf is redundant; we still won't have a go to to post player; our team gets slower; our defense get worse (Smoove our best defender) and we are first round exits. If we get PHX and LA's picks it makes sense but other than that it doesn't. Rather let Smoove walk and get Al Jefferson than do this (And I don't care for that)

Yea a smoove/horf frontcourt is better than a horf/Gortat frontcourt. I see gortat more as a backup center than a full time starting center.

I would prefer to trade smoove for something that would help us in the future because there isnt a player out there available that can take this team to the next level.

No...giving Josh a max deal that he says he thinks he is worth is doing things the old Atlanta Hawks way. New GM - new philosphy.

The only way I would accept Gortat for Josh is if we got both PHX picks in this years draft unprotected....Is Gortat that much better than Zaza...? I would much rather have Greg Monroe from Detroit than Gortat...Please Ferry...Please dont do this...

Edited by wolvetigers
  • Like 2

Wait gortat and Horford is redundant and Horford and smoove isn't? Horford and smoove are both pf's ...Gortat is a center...

Yeah these guys are crazy. Horford likes to play outside of the paint and Gortat likes to play in it. Right now we're far more redundant with Josh and Al, only difference is that they are differently sized whereas Al and Gortat are closer to the same size.

But I guess they'd say David Robinson and Tim Duncan are redundant too. And before someone says something, hell no am I comparing Al and Gortat talent wise to that hall of fame duo.

Let him walk? For nothing? And that's better?

Some how, that doesn't add up. Don't know how good this draft

is going to be but we could end up with several to draft or to

trade.

Sure, Josh is very good. Otherwise, we couldn't give him away.

We need SOMETHING for him and he wants gone, apparently.

+ + +

Look, I love Josh, but getting Gortat and a pick for him is good value and helps us build for the future. IF Josh would come out and say "I'll sign for less than the max," I'd love to keep him but he's not going to say that and there's a good amount of teams with max cap space. One of those teams is Phoenix, who reportedly will chase after him in the offseason. Instead, they'd like to trade for him to increase their chances of retaining him and maybe lure Howard or Al Jefferson. And no matter which way I slice it, I'd rather have Gortat and a probable lottery pick (let's say they offer us the middle pick of their 3) than a Josh that isn't going to get it here. Who are we going to bring in to discipline him? He won't listen to the Van Gundies, that's for sure.

Roll in to next season with a brand new HC (Stan Van Man!), team basketball that fits (I.E. not undersized) and makes the playoffs, lots of youth and a ton of capspace year after year? Where do I sign?

He's listed at 6'10 (no measurement for without shoes but 6'9 with shoes pre-draft) and Josh is listed at 6'9 (6'7 without shoes/ 6'8.25 with shoes pre-draft) and since both were so young I'd bet it's safe to assume they've each grown an inch, maybe 2 since then.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Michael-Beasley-605/

I think this is pretty clear, Beasley predraft was not 6'9" with shoes.