• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Suns interested in Josh for Gortat

Yeah these guys are crazy. Horford likes to play outside of the paint and Gortat likes to play in it. Right now we're far more redundant with Josh and Al, only difference is that they are differently sized whereas Al and Gortat are closer to the same size.

But I guess they'd say David Robinson and Tim Duncan are redundant too. And before someone says something, hell no am I comparing Al and Gortat talent wise to that hall of fame duo.

Gortat is a mid range shooter with a good pick n roll game. Sound familiar?

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

Let him walk? For nothing? And that's better?

Some how, that doesn't add up. Don't know how good this draft

is going to be but we could end up with several to draft or to

trade.

Sure, Josh is very good. Otherwise, we couldn't give him away.

We need SOMETHING for him and he wants gone, apparently.

+ + +

If we get PHX and LA's picks I agree it is a great deal. Just for Gortat? No.

I think Josh will take less money (If Ferry has the right pieces to make this team a championship caliber team). The dude loves the Atlanta Hawks and his city. He don't have a Hawks tattoo for nothing.

Posted Image

Hey if he'll sign for 10-12 million, which is a great salary for a non All-star then by all means lets re-sign him. But I guarantee you he'd never sign for that amount.

Horfords contract is horrible, too.

Let's get J.J. Hickson over here, and trade Al for some "pieces" to add to this team "we're building."

Horford makes 12 million a year for 3 more years after this, which is damn good for a 2 time All-Star averaging 16 / 10 / 2 with great efficiency.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Horfords contract is horrible, too. Let's get J.J. Hickson over here, and trade Al for some "pieces" to add to this team "we're building."

Horford's contract is horrible? How so? If anything, it's the exact same deal I believe Josh should get.

You don't think he is? Posted Image

You can call Josh soft all you want, but at least if his shots are not dropping you can bet he makes in impact on the game with his defense.

You act like Gortat is a bad defender when he's highly comparable to Josh in every defensive metric and is a better rebounder and more efficient offensively.

Horford's contract is horrible? How so? If anything, it's the exact same deal I believe Josh should get.

I agree, I think he should have the same deal. 24 million a year for your 2 best players allows you to build a really nice team around them.

• Like 1

We all know that Al got in the All Stars due to the Hawks record, and the lack of Centers in the East. Saw what happened this year once they took that position away? Mmhmm. Posted Image

Guess that's better than "politics" keeping him out at least. Of course Al is still having a better year than Josh, but we won't worry about bringing facts into this.

• Like 1