• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

LD is clueless!

Wurider05

Ferry is probably thinking two things

1) If he trades Smith and the Hawks start winning and say improve to a 5th seed then LD has to keep his job eventhough, he probably is not the best coaching option available.

or

2) Keeps Josh Smith and the Hawks basically stay up and down the rest of the year probably finishing with a 6th or 7th seed...then LD is out...and more than likely Josh Walks too....

Decisions Decisions....but i tell you one thing Tom Thibodeau can coach his team to win without their Superstar Rose, and they are the 3rd seed in the East. A great coach goes along way people...If we want to be great we need a great leader on the sidelines and on the court (bye bye Josh)

I'm basically ok with LD. We could do worse, and just might, if he goes.

He is sometimes just a bit too laid back for me. Sometimes, he seems like he is suffering from depression...But guys who scream at players (or refs) usually start getting tuned out eventually or burn out. (Only works for old time college coaches, like Bob Knight and it stopped working for him too.)

If LD gets fired or not renewed, I imagaine he will at least turn up as an assitant coach some where. Considering he is supposed to be the lowest paid (or almost lowest) you have to wonder if he might make just as much as an assistant.

• Moderators

Ferry doesn't strike me as a wishy washy guy. I think we hung on to Woody way too long because ownership thought he didn't "deserve" to be fired instead of looking at the important question of whether this is the guy who will move us forward.

Even if we make a good showing in the playoffs i don't think that will change Ferry's mind at all about whether to keep LD.