• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lakers GM: "We are not trading Dwight Howard" - Your move Ferry

wolvetigers

Well, I know these GMs tend to say things they don't mean but the Lakers GM has laid down the gauntlet, by saying publicly he will not trade Howard. Now Ferry has to move SMith b/c its looking like Howard & Dwight could unite in Dallas- leaving ATL with nothing...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lakers-gm-happy-dantoni-wont-192004882--nba.html

Well, I know these GMs tend to say things they don't mean but the Lakers GM has laid down the gauntlet, by saying publicly he will not trade Howard. Now Ferry has to move SMith b/c its looking like Howard & Dwight could unite in Dallas- leaving ATL with nothing... http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lakers-gm-happy-dantoni-wont-192004882--nba.html

Howard and Dwight are going to unite? That sounds interesting...
  • Like 3

Mark Cuban already went on record to say he will pay whatever for a contending team...Howard had Dallas on his list...This is not a stretch..since you are an admin be sure to save this email...lol

I think you're missing my point. Go back and read what you wrote about Howard and Dwight uniting LOL.

• Moderators

I thought it was a reference to Dwight's multiple personalities. Sadly, I'm guessing that Smoove and Dwight in Dallas is probably more likely than in Atlanta. It would make for some interesting dynamics. You think they didn't like playing for SVG and Woody? You guys enjoy Rick Carlisle, hahahahhahahahha. Josh I don't think you'll be getting any hugs from Rick.

Can you imagine what will happen if Josh launches a game losing three instead of passing to Dirk. Cuban will be come out of the stands to slap him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I thought it was a reference to Dwight's multiple personalities. Sadly, I'm guessing that Smoove and Dwight in Dallas is probably more likely than in Atlanta. It would make for some interesting dynamics. You think they didn't like playing for SVG and Woody? You guys enjoy Rick Carlisle, hahahahhahahahha. Josh I don't think you'll be getting any hugs from Rick. Can you imagine what will happen if Josh launches a game losing three instead of passing to Dirk. Cuban will be come out of the stands to slap him.

I guess we'll find out shortly whether Dallas is a viable option for Smoove. I can't imagine Ferry would let him roll for nothing if he knew Josh wanted out. If Josh is not dealt though, I think he'll be back as he won't be able to get a five year deal with anyone else. Edited by Jody23

Well, I know these GMs tend to say things they don't mean but the Lakers GM has laid down the gauntlet, by saying publicly he will not trade Howard. Now Ferry has to move SMith b/c its looking like Howard & Dwight could unite in Dallas- leaving ATL with nothing...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lakers-gm-happy-dantoni-wont-192004882--nba.html

Only one thing about that. Dwight said during the offseason last year (before the Magics traded him to the Lakers) "I want to go somewhere where I will be the FIRST to do it (i.e. win an NBA Final)"

And.....

Last I checked... Dallas and the L.A. Lakers... Posted Image

• Moderators

Only one thing about that. Dwight said during the offseason last year (before the Magics traded him to the Lakers) "I want to go somewhere where I will be the FIRST to do it (i.e. win an NBA Final)"

And.....

Last I checked... Dallas and the L.A. Lakers... Posted Image

You can barely rely on what Dwight said 5 minutes ago. I would certainly not rely on the idea that he only will play for franchises without a championship given his past track record. The guy is a standout player at a position of little depth but he isn't a reliable personality.

• Like 1

You can barely rely on what Dwight said 5 minutes ago. I would certainly not rely on the idea that he only will play for franchises without a championship given his past track record. The guy is a standout player at a position of little depth but he isn't a reliable personality.

Yea, well. If you want a laugh, from last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OtQev5Y-wY&feature=youtu.be&t=6m50s

Skip on down to the 6:50 mark, would you kindly.

Edited by MaceCase

So Josh stays here because we can offer him the 5th year, but D12 leaves LA and 25 million to join Josh in Atlanta or Dallas because...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Mark Cuban is the owner, and will damn near do anything for Dwight?

The alternative is to be owned by the "artists formerly known as the ASG".

Having said that, it would take a disaster for him to leave LA. I definitely don't want to go through the Dwightmare, as Nets fans coined what they went through last year.

Edited by northcyde

Mark Cuban is the owner, and will damn near do anything for Dwight?

The alternative is to be owned by the "artists formerly known as the ASG".

Having said that, it would take a disaster for him to leave LA. I definitely don't want to go through the Dwightmare, as Nets fans coined what they went through last year.

I guess you forgot that ASG handed the keys and house to Ferry?

What does Dallas have? Dirk is a shell of himself (that is being nice); a 40 year old Vince Carter?

Stop overrating Mark Cuban; yeah he is a nice guy and knows the Kardashians, but he is more of a celebrity than a NBA brains guy.

We have more cap, can hire the coach he wants; can give him the players he wants; and he can have his fun that he has been desiring for in LA, with his best friend Josh Smith.