• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

After Watching "First Take" this morning I am about sure Josh Smith wont get traded

JTB

Stepehn A. Smith had an interview with D. Howard as we all should know by now and Im am just certain after the things that were said that Ferry is more than likely probably going to hang on to Smith unless he can trade smith for a superstar which isnt likely.....

See truth is that the interview Stephen A. had with D12 released alot about D12 and where his mind is! Im going to be honest D12 really has a shot at coming to ATL like it or not!....This is not a pipe dream! See I can understand why many would think this is a pipe dream of D12 coming here but you guys just dont understand D12...This guy is the most unsure guy in NBA history as far as stars go I have ever seen! I mean he literally stated the same problems with the LAKERS he had with the MAGIC

Howards problems with LA:

-he isnt close to Buss at ALL

-he isnt buddy buddy with Kobe and its getting better but he isnt close with the guy

-he doesnt like D'antoni system

-he felt kobe was shooting too much in other words he wants some spotlight

-based off his reactions and from what stephen a smith said D12 signing back with LA is no where near a gurantee and its really up to this season if he even considers being apart of this franchise.

Howard is a possiblity for all NBA teams that can become an instant contender. For the first time ever, Howard can be the first player to screw over the Lakers. An another good point is that the LA Lakers have to choose between kobe and D12 this upcoming season! That is HUGE! not to mention that Howard controls alot of LA's decision making moving forward and im sure kobe wont sit well with that! in fact kobe never really got everything he wanted in LA. LA just knew how to cheat teams out of good players and thats their history. with a new cba that wont happen so easily.

...........all in all i dont see howard going back to LA especially if they miss the playoffs. LA front office cant even woo howard into wanting to stay. He doesnt like buss, kobe, the coach....he really expressed that he doesnt feel apart of the team. Hawks really do have a chance of getting D12 as do others. LOL I guess Mark Cuban was right when they asked him where he thinks howard would end up! HOWARD IS UP FOR GRABS....MARK MY WORDS!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I went and watched that but didn't come away with the same feeling. I think he doesn't want to say something like ' i want to be a laker for life' because he's scared it will come back to bite him if they don't offer him a contract he likes. Then people will say he was a liar or whatever.

Dwight isn't healthy. The Lakers will make the playoffs and do well i think. As much as i've never liked the guy, just go look at some highlights from the Lakers this year. Look at what he does in the paint with a bad back and shoulder. Its pretty amazing.

• Moderators

First off, out of everything that ESPN presents on its network, there is not a show's opinion that I value less than First Take. All that show is is Skip Bayless making outrageous statements and SAS or debater X trying to refute his egregious claims. Also, that show took a huge nose dive after Dana Jacobson was taken off of the show. With that said, this is why I didn't believe Chris Broussard's 30-second "report" that Dwight Howard has zero interest with the Hawks and it's because not even Dwight knows what he wants. One thing that is true about Dwight though is that he wants to be loved and wants to be the alpha dog. In LA, he isn't loved or in charge. In Atlanta, he is both. There is an article on the LA Times website in which Dwight admits that he is a very emotional person (said he cried for hours when LeBron finally won his ring) and wishes that he could clone himself 29 times so that he could help every team in the league win a title. He really is just a big kid with a big heart. I believe his biggest concern is whether or not he can win it all here. Chris Paul is in the same boat. Sure, the Clips are hot right now, but does he honestly believe that a historically bad franchise like the Clippers can win a title? I believe that Chris Paul will play another contract out with the Clippers and then take the Gary Payton route to getting his ring. Dwight on the other hand has a lot of personal issues that need to be addressed now and can all be addressed by signing with Ferry and the Hawks.

Pipe dream.

The Lakers aren't going to trade hm, and he's never said one time that he wants to play in ATL. And the only leverage we can have to get him long term, is if we trade for him. If that's not going to happen, he's not coming to ATL.

Yet, people are holding out some slimmer of hope that he'll come here . . . simply because he has ties to ATL. A home he doesn't even want to come back to.

I'm just not for holding the franchise hostage for a guy who can't make decisive decisions, and isn't even a better center than Alonzo Mourning in his prime.

Edited by northcyde
  • Like 2

...........all in all i dont see howard going back to LA especially if they miss the playoffs. LA front office cant even woo howard into wanting to stay. He doesnt like buss, kobe, the coach....he really expressed that he doesnt feel apart of the team. Hawks really do have a chance of getting D12 as do others. LOL I guess Mark Cuban was right when they asked him where he thinks howard would end up! HOWARD IS UP FOR GRABS....MARK MY WORDS!

I'm thinking the odds on seeing the Great Pumpkin are better than our odds of landing Howard.

• Like 1

Pipe dream.

The Lakers aren't going to trade hm, and he's never said one time that he wants to play in ATL. And the only leverage we can have to get him long term, is if we trade for him. If that's not going to happen, he's not coming to ATL.

Yet, people are holding out some slimmer of hope that he'll come here . . . simply because he has ties to ATL. A home he doesn't even want to come back to.

I'm just not for holding the franchise hostage for a guy who can't make decisive decisions, and isn't even a better center than Alonzo Mourning in his prime.

Pipe dream.

pipe dream ehhh.....hmmm well I have more than hope with D12 admitting that he basically doesnt like the owner buss, the franchise leader kobe and the coach D Antoni....I mean it came out his mouth in that interview but lets be more specific "Me and Buss doont exactly see eye to eye"..."I dont like Dantoni offensive system"...."I was upset kobe was taking all the jumpers, but I have to adjust" (bullsh*t)...."Me and kobe relationship isnt great but its getting better" (bullsh*t)

I dont need to hear D12 say ATL is on my list...we are closer to a star player than we have ever been since nique. The man doesnt have to say I want to play for the Hawks. He's a BIG kid, he doesnt know what he wants, but he does know he wants the max contract, the center of attention, the ball in his hands on offense, able to pick his coach and to be the franchise leader".....He aint gettin that in LA for another 3 years atleast..I dont know if you have been watching the NBA but the 33/34 year old Kobe has been healthy this year and he doesnt look close to slowing down. The only thing D12 get out of LA right now is a max contract and maybe a chance to win it all other than that he is not the face of the franchise until after kobe leaves and that 2 or 3 years from now.

But Howard wants it all right now! not in a year, not 2 years, not even 3 but right now! An yes the hawks can give that to him right now as well as other teams. So the pipe dream stuff is way over the top this is a real possibilty. I see if we were talking Cp3 and D12 now we know that wont happen but D12 has plenty of reason to come to the hawks.

I'm thinking the odds on seeing the Great Pumpkin are better than our odds of landing Howard.

unle

disagree unless LA turn their season around we have a legit chance at howard. He's not happy there. Big cities mean nothing.

unle

disagree unless LA turn their season around we have a legit chance at howard. He's not happy there. Big cities mean nothing.

5 year contracts vs 4 year contracts ($25 million more), marketing incentives, etc. make a lot of difference. Sure, I wish he'd come here, but I just don't think it's too likely.

• Moderators

5 year contracts vs 4 year contracts ($25 million more), marketing incentives, etc. make a lot of difference. Sure, I wish he'd come here, but I just don't think it's too likely.

That 25 million is so overstated yet parroted across multiple boards that it's become comical. If this was Dwight's last big contract then sure, turning down 25 million outright would be crazy but he would only be 31 at the end of a 4 year deal. He would then be eligible for yet another big money contract that could run 4-5 years making the difference of that 5th year closer to 5 million than this 25 that's being thrown around. Kevin Garnet at the age of 36 just signed a 3 year 36 million dollar deal, he had signed a previous extension starting at 15 million at the age of 31, Marcus frickin Camby at the age of 38 was able to secure a deal for 3 years 13 million so really now, it's not his last chance at money unless there's fear over his current injury which at that point.....why even bother pursuing him at any amount of money?

If you are discussing money lost due to marketing, then that too is also overstated. If you are a global icon then global companies will find you wherever you may be. This isn't 1962, Dwight in Orlando of all places secured deals from Adidas, Sprite and Macdonalds amongst others to go along with having a top selling jersey. The difference there will be between available local marketing opportunities.

Dwight wouldn't be starting a trend either of leaving money on the table, there was this one group of players that I'm having trouble remembering not one, not two, and not three of all their names. They also did the unprecedented where they turned down much larger media markets for middle of the pack Miami.

Mace said it best...

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/376231-wojo-atlanta-hawks-called-the-lakers-on-howards-availability/?hl=%2B25+%2Bmillion+%2Bis+%2Boverstated#entry594990

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1