• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Another step for Dwight coming to Atlanta?

How is the risk 5 times greater? Dwight Howard is a superstar. Crawford and Speed were role players when we overpaid for them. That was a heck of a gamble IMO.

We are already done as a team. 2nd round exits at best. Ferry knows this. Why not attempt to take a risk?

Worse case, Dwight gets hurt then we tank the season like we were gonna do without Dwight.

If Dwight doesn't pass a physical then he will retire next year anyway lol.

I just find it unbelievable for years we blame ASG for being bums and not trying to take risks and win.

Then when they get Ferry and he wants to do it, we tell him "wait a minute it is not worth it".

Because they made 3-5 million or something like that and Dwight will get 20+ million so that's why it's 5 times more of a risk.

No, worst case is Dwight spends the next 4 years in Atlanta coming off of and going back on the injured list and we have 20+ million less to spend on the roster.

Maybe you think that without Dwight we are tanking next year but I don't see it that way at all with 40 million in cap space and multiple 1st round picks to build around Horford / Teague.

I just find it unbelievable for years we blame ASG (and previous owners) for overpaying guys with major red flags and now you want to do it again.

• Like 2

Yea, the Howard situation doesn't look good. If he really wants to play for the Hawks, then sure, sign him in the offseason. But I wouldn't hinge everything on that. If a nice Josh deal comes up (and I'm not sold on that happening either) we should take it.

If you're not taking risk, you're not trying to build a championship team. Dwight is still the most dominant center in the game, and is a force even with a back injury he's been playing through. His numbers do not lie. Ferry will & should go after him.

Because they made 3-5 million or something like that and Dwight will get 20+ million so that's why it's 5 times more of a risk.

No, worst case is Dwight spends the next 4 years in Atlanta coming off of and going back on the injured list and we have 20+ million less to spend on the roster.

Maybe you think that without Dwight we are tanking next year but I don't see it that way at all with 40 million in cap space and multiple 1st round picks to build around Horford / Teague.

I just find it unbelievable for years we blame ASG (and previous owners) for overpaying guys with major red flags and now you want to do it again.

Ok this is where we disagree on. I don't think building around Horf/Teague and overpaying an Iggy this year is the way to go. Sounds like we can agree to disagree here.

We blamed ASG for overpaying guys that were mediocre. You can't say that about Dwight. Best big man in the league.

Obligatory:

Posted Image

More for your enjoyment:Posted Image

1. Dwight Howard has been privately told on repeated occasions by Mitch Kupchak

that the Los Angeles Lakers will not trade him, according to sources.

The Lakers have not directly asked Howard if he plans to re-sign with the

Lakers, but sources the Lakers are "very confident" that he will remain with the

franchise on a new contract.

Sources say Howard truly does not know what he will decide in the summer, but

that he will definitely not ask to be traded.

2. Of the Lakers' three free-agent competitors, Houston appears to be the most favorable for Howard. Dallas is aging, and Howard is not keen on playing in his hometown of Atlanta. Houston, on the other hand, has star guard James Harden and is only a frontcourt star away from becoming a legitimate factor in the Western Conference.

While Howard had no interest in going to Houston last season, sources say he is aware the Rockets have become a more attractive destination since acquiring Harden.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Dwight Howard on how bad his back is after surgery: “Well for people who have had back surgery they will see it more than a person who never has had back surgery. For me, even sitting down in this chair right now is causing my legs to go numb and having this tingly sensation all the way down my legs. That happens when I’m playing and that happens when I’m just sitting on the bench for a couple of minutes. It’s not easy. There are times when I can’t feel my legs when I’m out there playing. I try to play through it so it’s not just like a situation where everything is back to 100 percent. That stuff takes time. When I got injured my nerves in my legs were short-circuited so basically because of my disk being on my nerves, basically shut everything down from my back all the way down to my toes. That takes time to heal. It usually takes a year and some people take longer. Most of it has healed up in less than three months That’s why I was able to come back and play as fast as I was, but I’m still not ready to play yet

Yes let's pair him with Smoove and give them both 20 million+ plus a season.

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 1

How about Dwight asking for a trade to Atlanta, so that the Hawks can pay him the most money in a new contract?

That's a TRUE STEP.

If he wanted to play for the Hawks so bad, that's exactly what he'd do.

As much as I think he would help this franchise, even I am starting to dislike the idea of him being here. If we have to basically go through an 83-Ring circus just to get him . . . forget it. If he doesn't want to commit to the most storied franchise in NBA history, then how in the hell is he going to commit to us . . . AND take 30 million LESS?

That's why it's a pipe dream to get Dwight, and why Ferry should simply move on.

Heck, we still need to make a decision on Jeff Teague, and if we're prepared to match significant offers from him.

saying he wants to play for another team or asking to be traded is exactly what he should NOT do. how much shit has he gotten over the past two years over that talk and you say he needs to keep doing it (even if it's for the hawks)? keeping his mouth shut is all he should be doing and letting the sands of time pass.

i don't believe he should even be playing right now. i think the lakers made their push for him and now they're pushing him to perform. given the proper rest and recuperation, he could return to where he was. even with a bad back and other ailments he's putting up good numbers now.

if ferry has a chance, then he should at least keep the team in a position to be able to acquire him. if it doesn't work out, then so be it. move on to door number two.

oh, and as far as teague goes, who the f*** cares. if he comes back at a reasonable price then great, but i could honestly care less if some other team is willing to sign him for more than he's worth (not likely though). we need an upgrade at pg like we've been needing for the past, oh, dozen years now. he's not that great, just ok. i want a top ten pg, and i think it's dubious if he could even crack the top 20 pgs of the league.

If you could say this before every game it would be fantastic! Teague has been getting better and better and especially so lately.

oh, and as far as teague goes, who the f*** cares. if he comes back at a reasonable price then great, but i could honestly care less if some other team is willing to sign him for more than he's worth (not likely though). we need an upgrade at pg like we've been needing for the past, oh, dozen years now. he's not that great, just ok. i want a top ten pg, and i think it's dubious if he could even crack the top 20 pgs of the league.

• Like 1

Give Teague a low post option on offense and he will flourish. Rumors are flying the Spurs want AJ........I hope Ferry does too.Take Josh off the team and let Teague loose on these fast breaks and he will flourish. AJ is a better rebounder then Smith and will give the PG the ball to instigate the break as a big should.Just my take.......but I'm a believer that old fashioned basketball was played this way for a reason......it's the most efficient way to play.

If you could say this before every game it would be fantastic! Teague has been getting better and better and especially so lately.

Hahaha......maybe i should. he will never be a top 10 pg, ever. if me being a hater every game he plays helps, then i'm willing to take one for the team.