• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Mavs & Suns reportedly going hard after Smoove

ATLscrubLove

This according to a random link on Hoopshype. But honestly, do the Mavs really have anyone that will really help our squad? I mean I'd love it if we could get Mayo from them ( wishful thinking ). We can probably get the better deal from the suns, especially if Ferry is looking for a quality center. I will say however that the longer Ferry waits to make a deal, the more I think a deal will not go down and we will be stuck with Smoove.

This according to a random link on Hoopshype. But honestly, do the Mavs really have anyone that will really help our squad? I mean I'd love it if we could get Mayo from them ( wishful thinking ). We can probably get the better deal from the suns, especially if Ferry is looking for a quality center.I will say however that the longer Ferry waits to make a deal, the more I think a deal will not go down and we will be stuck with Smoove.

Shawn Marion + OJ Mayo for Josh Smith . . or . . Shawn Marion + Vince Carter + 1st round pick for Josh Smith

Been saying this for about 3 weeks now.

Make that deal, and we instantly solve our SF dilemma.

PG - Teague

G - Mayo

F - Marion

PF - Horford

C - Zaza

or

PG - Teague

G - Harris

F - Marion

PF - Horford

C - Zaza

Korver becomes the 6th man, a role he probably should be playing right now. Or you keep Korver in the starting lineup, and Marion becomes the 6th man. In the 2nd scenario, Carter becomes a savvy veteran G/F who we could bring off the bench to give the 2nd unit even more firepower.

With that move, we'd be on the hook for 9.3 million with Marion in 2013 - 14, and own the Bird Rights to Mayo. Marion's contract next season would be the perfect trade chip to get someone we wanted. Even with Vince Carter, VC would currently be better than any SF we have on the squad right now, and his contract expires at the end of the season.

Shawn Marion + OJ Mayo for Josh Smith . . or . . Shawn Marion + Vince Carter + 1st round pick for Josh Smith

Been saying this for about 3 weeks now.

Make that deal, and we instantly solve our SF dilemma.

PG - Teague

G - Mayo

F - Marion

PF - Horford

C - Zaza

or

PG - Teague

G - Harris

F - Marion

PF - Horford

C - Zaza

Korver becomes the 6th man, a role he probably should be playing right now. Or you keep Korver in the starting lineup, and Marion becomes the 6th man. In the 2nd scenario, Carter becomes a savvy veteran G/F who we could bring off the bench to give the 2nd unit even more firepower.

With that move, we'd be on the hook for 9.3 million with Marion in 2013 - 14, and own the Bird Rights to Mayo. Marion's contract next season would be the perfect trade chip to get someone we wanted. Even with Vince Carter, VC would currently be better than any SF we have on the squad right now, and his contract expires at the end of the season.

lol

• Like 2

Get Mayo in that deal and I'll be satisfied.

That's what I'm saying, Mayo could become a star real soon. Maybe not a superstar but the guy can really ball. That's the only way I deal with the Mavs is if Mayo is involved. However, shipping Smoove there would all but demolish our Dwight sweepstakes hopes.

1) I don't believe Ferry is looking for a return of any salary that won't factor into the longterm future of the Hawks. Guys in their mid 30s on the hook for anything above the Vet Min are out the question. This is not a win now team, there are no "dilemmas" to be solved.2) The Mavs do not, I repeat, do not have Bird rights on Mayo if he opts out of his deal. I don't remember him being sign and traded to the Mavs but I certainly know that he hasn't been there 3 years to have qualified for Bird rights.

• Like 1

Where were all the mayo lovers when nbasup/joker was posting about trading for him ad nauseam last season?

he was always talking about brining him here to be our starting PG lol. I always knew he could play though just off his production his 1st 2 years. theres no way somebody should go from scoring 18 ppg his first 2 years to being benched after like 12 games into his 3rd year

Edited by Cwell

1) I don't believe Ferry is looking for a return of any salary that won't factor into the longterm future of the Hawks. Guys in their mid 30s on the hook for anything above the Vet Min are out the question. This is not a win now team, there are no "dilemmas" to be solved.2) The Mavs do not, I repeat, do not have Bird rights on Mayo if he opts out of his deal. I don't remember him being sign and traded to the Mavs but I certainly know that he hasn't been there 3 years to have qualified for Bird rights.

Why do people believe that Mayo will be a star? He wasnt close to a star in Memphis, not one in Dallas...so why would he be one here..come on people...demand better Hawks fans...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I wouldn't have Mayo and Marion is way too old, he's done. I bet the Mavs would jerk your arm off for that deal. I understand Smoove does not have a lot of value, but hell those two bums?Smoove for Jefferson IMO

Edited by Vol4ever

Marion is a true SF. That is a plus. We get Marion + MAYO and that is a done deal. Anyone who wouldn't sign off on that is freakin crazy. However, I'm not nearly as happy if it is Marion, carter and a pick. But honestly I'd still probably do it though just to take a chance with the pick. I'd also do Smooth for Jefferson.