• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brooklyn after josh seems unreasonable

bruincoach

I don't care who we get in return. Josh isn't coming back unles he gets a huge contract or Dwight comes, and neither is going to happen. Just trade him for whatever and move on...it's better than letting him walk for nothing.

jus give me brooks ,wallace and a 1st round pick

Wallace has 3 more years after this one, and $31 mill left owed to him. No thanks for a guy his age.

I see nothing on the Nets. Their 1st round pick will be around 26 so that doesn't hold much value.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

Hopefully I smell a three team trade. Brooks could fill Lou's role, only making a million. The Nets are morons for not giving him experience. He's a sixth man candidate in he making. JJ Hickson can fill Josh's role because he shoots and rebounds a lot better, only making 5 mil, from the A. I don't know how it would/ could happen, but I damn sure would love it. Jefferson too pricey and finnesseful for my tastes, Cousins is just as boneheaded as Josh, if not more.

I'd love to get JJ Hickson in free agency. I think Aldridge is really holding him back. I have to think he is taller then 6'9'' now....that he was measured coming out of HS. The guy is from Atlanta and was a 1st round pick under Ferry at Cleveland. It just worries me that he is a restricted free agent........not sure if Portland will invest in him longterm since he duplicates Aldridge.

I'd take Jefferson too. I'm a fan of his low post game. Utah runs everything through him. I'd love to see him get defensive rebounds and give the ball up for Teague to run the show rather then watch Smith play PG. Teague would not have to be aggressive all game long.....he could take breathers and simply feed Jefferson the ball in the paint.

Hickson is my #1 free agent target though.........just the restricted free agent bit makes him risky.

The Spurs may trade for Jefferson any way.......then they would surely resign him. If the SPurs like Jefferson it may be safe to assume Ferry likes him too since the apple normally doesn't fall too far from the tree.

I'd love to get JJ Hickson in free agency. I think Aldridge is really holding him back. I have to think he is taller then 6'9'' now....that he was measured coming out of HS. The guy is from Atlanta and was a 1st round pick under Ferry at Cleveland. It just worries me that he is a restricted free agent........not sure if Portland will invest in him longterm since he duplicates Aldridge.

I'd take Jefferson too. I'm a fan of his low post game. Utah runs everything through him. I'd love to see him get defensive rebounds and give the ball up for Teague to run the show rather then watch Smith play PG. Teague would not have to be aggressive all game long.....he could take breathers and simply feed Jefferson the ball in the paint.

Hickson is my #1 free agent target though.........just the restricted free agent bit makes him risky.

The Spurs may trade for Jefferson any way.......then they would surely resign him. If the SPurs like Jefferson it may be safe to assume Ferry likes him too since the apple normally doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Regarding Hickson - I'm concerned about guys putting up stellar numbers in contract years, seen it too often, not syaing that he isn't worth a look but just saying.

From a Blazers Fan:

He was recently included in an article recently for “most overrated rebounders.” At first, I wanted to dismiss it, as I am an unrelenting Homer. But two nights ago, I saw him fly in from off screen to try and get a rebound…that was already in teammate Luke Babbit’s hands, knocking the ball out of bounds for a turnover. Both players were seen jawing at each other during the ensuing time out. Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-with-joel-brigham-2713/#biDrjkevvqvxI128.99

Non flexibility?

What about signing Josh to a Max contract?

30 mill for 3 years > 5 years for 94 million

And when you want to get out from under a contract, the 3 - 30 is a lot easier to get out from under, than the 5 - 94

NO WAY We take on useless Wallace for 30mill for 3 years...You have to be joking right?

Regarding Hickson - I'm concerned about guys putting up stellar numbers in contract years, seen it too often, not syaing that he isn't worth a look but just saying.

From a Blazers Fan:

He was recently included in an article recently for “most overrated rebounders.” At first, I wanted to dismiss it, as I am an unrelenting Homer. But two nights ago, I saw him fly in from off screen to try and get a rebound…that was already in teammate Luke Babbit’s hands, knocking the ball out of bounds for a turnover. Both players were seen jawing at each other during the ensuing time out. Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-with-joel-brigham-2713/#biDrjkevvqvxI128.99

Hickson is only 24 years old though...........him having the best season of his career is also following the natural progression of a player that age. If were 28 - 32 years old and having his best year ever then the contract year thing would carry more weight for me.

I have not seen enough Portland basketball to know if his rebounding numbers are skewed but I can't draw a conclusion based on one play. I just remember him being very promising coming out of HS when he played with James for the Cavs......and now he is puting up good numbers while playing efficiently as an undersized center. He plays like a true post player.......unlke Josh.

Edited by coachx

we need to get this kid. i thought that we should have gotten him in the JJ deal as well. He is still relatively cheap and we need a two guard. If he doesn't pan out then we let him walk. We have nothing to lose. Isn't he from Atlanta?

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

In the few games I've seen Marshon, I've REALLY liked what I saw...in his rookie year no less. I wanted him in the JJ deal, but getting him in a package for Smoove is a win too. His game is solid and he's as good a young prospect as any.

Edited by Wretch
  • Like 1

MarShon resembles lot like Kobe (IMO) for some reason. Give this dude some experience and playing time, and let's see what he can do. I think he has the potential to be way better than that 6th man role.

Idk, it's probably only me who thinks that, but something about him...

MarShon resembles lot like Kobe (IMO) for some reason. Give this dude some experience and playing time, and let's see what he can do. I think he has the potential to be way better than that 6th man role.

Idk, it's probably only me who thinks that, but something about him...

We don't need another SG, we need a center. Unless we get Brooks in a 3 way trade I don't see us getting him.

We don't need another SG, we need a center. Unless we get Brooks in a 3 way trade I don't see us getting him.

we need both.there are only 2 guys on this roster that can handle the ball and create offense and thats Jeff and Devin (yeah Pargo but he doesnt play). thats pitiful. Brooks has borderline elite scoring potential. he can score anywhere and any way. his defense just sucks at the moment

I would be ecstatic if we landed Brooks in a deal. We effed up dealing Crawford away. Brooks isn't in the same talent level as Jordan Crawford, but he can be dynamic and has a good isolation game. While I am not in favor or trading Josh, something like this I could wrap my head around on though.

You take what you can get for Smith and move on. The deal does not hurt our long term cap situations since Humphries only has 1 year left on his deal.Brooks and their 1st round pick must be included if we agree to take Humphries. As of today that would give us picks 17, 19, and 20 in this draft. I can't see us keeping all 3 of them. No team needs 3 mid 1 st rounds picks in the same year. I assume Danny would try to package one with an expiring contract for a nice piece. If he strikes out on that he will try to trade 2 of them to move up a few spots if a player drops on draft night who he likes.

Edited by coachx