• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Demarcus Cousins

stephen

So I'll be the first to admit I haven't seen much of Cousins since college. But it seems that the consensus is that he would be a top acquisition for us. It's rare that no one has anything bad to say about a guy on HS so I was just wondering what everyone sees in him over some of the other guys that have been discussed on here. Everyone says he has a bad attitude but that doesn't seem to deter you guys.

im going to have to say it has some legs...not because i want to but because the two that are trying to buy the kings are just trying to get the supersonics back in the nba...i honestly think they could care less about who's on the team, they just want their nba team back....now as far as the ones who our the kings owners currently i think they nly care to trade cousins if the team was actually staying there but looking at their situation i am 90% sure they are going to sell that team to the seattle owners....

honestly im surprised more teams havent jumped on trying to trade for cousins....seattle owners want a team back in seattle period. if cousins is traded it wont stop them from purchasing this kings team....the rumor has legs.

• Like 1

Why does this fake topic with no link have 2 pages of responses already?

because we would actually have a true young good yet highly potential star center in cousins and we wouldnt have to drop big money on howard. we could take care of other positions

• Premium Member

Let me speak on this.

Sacramento have all the reasons in the world to not be involved and to be involved. Like us.

Here's a deal that is fair to all.

Atlanta gets:

Cousins

Humphries

Evans

Sacrament gets:

Brooks

Williams (Louis)

Teletovic

NJ first.

Brooklyn gets:

Smoove.

Why do this for SacTown:

Cousins is more problem than he is help. Hes being suspended damn near every day.

Still he's a force. From him they can pick up Marshon Brooks, project C teletovic, a 1st and Louis Williams.

They have picked up their star player: Isaiah Thomas. A future of Thomas, Brooks, and Robinson....is a good future. They will get another big from somewhere. However, Cousins is actually more negative than positive.

Why Atlanta does this.

Money off the books. Great big man.

Why BK does this.

They need Smoove.

Diesel, which is he, more negative than positive or a great big man?

you took the words right out of mouth.I would hope Cousin's attitude would improve in a winning environment. He has some nasty to him that I did like at UK. I think he is the type of guy who would say: I'm about to kick your azz." Rather then shake hands and kiss cheeks before tip off.......I like that kind of nasty that opponents fear in this kissy kiss NBA but I don't want a crazy lunatic either.Hopefully he can draw the line of when to turn the crazy off. Maybe Teague can use his brothers sources at UK to get the behind the scenes low down on Cousin's "mental issues." Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Diesel, which is he, more negative than positive or a great big man?

In SacTown he's a very good big man who is more negative than Positive.

For instance.

Dennis Rodman with the Spurs was a great rebounder, defender. BUt for them he was more negative than positive. When he went to the Bulls, he was still a great rebounder, defender... however, he was slightly more positive than Negative.

In SacTown he's a very good big man who is more negative than Positive.

For instance.

Dennis Rodman with the Spurs was a great rebounder, defender. BUt for them he was more negative than positive. When he went to the Bulls, he was still a great rebounder, defender... however, he was slightly more positive than Negative.

He became more positive with the Bulls because he had 2 strong leaders to reign him in, Jordan and Pippen. In Atlanta we have nothing like that to do the same with Cousins, so it's a big risk... but one I'd certainly welcome.

Let me speak on this.

Sacramento have all the reasons in the world to not be involved and to be involved. Like us.

Here's a deal that is fair to all.

Atlanta gets:

Cousins

Humphries

Evans

Sacrament gets:

Brooks

Williams (Louis)

Teletovic

NJ first.

Brooklyn gets:

Smoove.

Why do this for SacTown:

Cousins is more problem than he is help. Hes being suspended damn near every day.

Still he's a force. From him they can pick up Marshon Brooks, project C teletovic, a 1st and Louis Williams.

They have picked up their star player: Isaiah Thomas. A future of Thomas, Brooks, and Robinson....is a good future. They will get another big from somewhere. However, Cousins is actually more negative than positive.

Why Atlanta does this.

Money off the books. Great big man.

Why BK does this.

They need Smoove.

Diesel . . that's a horrific trade for the Kings. That team is already full of guards and wings. Teletovic, at best, will be Steve Novak. Lou isn't a true PG, and would be fighting for playing time with Thomas and Aaron Brooks. Then when you bring in MarShon, they're full of guards.

That would be a nice summer league rec team for the Kings, but not an NBA team.

I will agree that Cousins is more negative than positive. He's the center version of Josh Smith actually. He thinks he's a much better player than what he really is. He also falls in love with a shot he can't consistently make . . . the 19 foot jumper. His post game is also weak ( weaker than Al Horford's actually ).

The hope for Demarcus is that if he can actually refine his post game, the guy could be a dangerous player. And unlike Josh Smith, there is still time for him to turn things around and become much better than what he is. Bringing Demarcus in is definitely worth the risk, but he also needs to be surrounded by some strong leaders on and off the court, along with having a strong head coach.

If I'm the Kings, there's no way I'm trading Cousins . . . right now.

• Premium Member

He became more positive with the Bulls because he had 2 strong leaders to reign him in, Jordan and Pippen. In Atlanta we have nothing like that to do the same with Cousins, so it's a big risk... but one I'd certainly welcome.

i think you underestimate Horford and Teague.