• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Spurs interested in Smoove

I purposes this a few weeks ago but never really thought an organization like the Spurs would want Smoove. This is my favorite Smoove deal. Kawhi is a star in the making. I am sure Ferry knows this. We get him we are set at the sf position for 10 years.

Damn you had me a little excited there for a minute. But no players or picks were mentioned, only that they are among the teams interested.

The Spurs are among the teams with interest in Hawks forward Josh Smith, a source told Yahoo! Sports. Keep in mind, Hawks general manager Danny Ferry was previously with the Spurs.

• Like 1

Also this doesn't fit what Ferry said he wants. I'm sure he'd want Leonard but he's going to want a young center as well and Blair doesn't fit that mold and really duplicates what Ivan brings us. Swap Blair with Splitter and I think he'd have to be interested.

• Like 1

I know Dolf I wish it was more of a concrete interest with names. But I have to assume that it would have to included Kawhi. That's the only thing that would make sense if it's a 1 on 1 trade not involving a 3rd team but who knows. Oh man if we land Kawhi, Ferry is awesome.

Makes sense for Spurs though. Smoove in addition to Manu, Parker and Duncan..brings that younger more athletic element they need to hurdle a team like okc in the playoffs.

They already have that in the MUCH younger Leonard. Trust me I'd love to get that kid for Josh, but I doubt it's happening.

• Premium Member

All of these rumors are simply for the business of increasing Josh's value. The more interest he receives, the more he'll likely be paid in the off season. He knows he won't get a max offer unless it's from a team like the Bobcats or Pistons and he ain't goin there. His camp wants to get the best contract they can get him.

Ferry could do a great sales job in the Spurs and it would be the truth. He would tell them how all Josh needs is coaching and a structured system to be that allstar player Hawks have fans have alwayse dreamed of him being. He would buy into it with Duncan, Parker, and Pop in his ear every day.

It would be the best thing for both sides.

Problem is Atlanta would need some serious salary coming back to make it a legal trade......I would assume that would come in the form of Stephen Jackson's expiring contract.

Edited by coachx