• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Before you push Josh out the door

thecampster

Here is my thing....

Those numbers are great on paper, but it is how we get those numbers. I need one of them to go. I really don't care who. Let Teague go for a real floor general that can command the offense. Let Horf go for a dominant inside presence for the halfcourt game. Let Josh go for a player who is better at slashing/outside shooting/and perimeter defense. Mix it up if you want. I just know with those numbers together, they don't win. We need the change.

Were's the stat for bonehead plays that cost us possessions or shots that shouldn't be taken? When the 3 eventually stops going in, like it certainly will, how happy are you going to be when he's still taking 5 a game.

I dont get a boner off of Smooves stats anymore. He always fills the stat sheet always has. Its all about leadership and mentality to me. People look at his game last night and get excited, I see the play where he turns it over and we almost lose the game if not for D Harris hustling to steal the ball right back. Great game but y is he trying to be Lebron down the stretch, give the ball to your gaurds. It may seem like nitpicking but he will never accept his role or play to his stregnths. Im sure Horford could shoot an ok percentage from three point range too if he jacked up as many as Josh but thats not his game and it doesnt help the team. Josh needs to understand that. Let another team deal with his stubborness. Give me a guy with half his talent that works hard, boxes out, and listens to the coaches.

• Like 4

I dont get a boner off of Smooves stats anymore. He always fills the stat sheet always has. Its all about leadership and mentality to me. People look at his game last night and get excited, I see the play where he turns it over and we almost lose the game if not for D Harris hustling to steal the ball right back. Great game but y is he trying to be Lebron down the stretch, give the ball to your gaurds. It may seem like nitpicking but he will never accept his role or play to his stregnths. Im sure Horford could shoot an ok percentage from three point range too if he jacked up as many as Josh but thats not his game and it doesnt help the team. Josh needs to understand that. Let another team deal with his stubborness. Give me a guy with half his talent that works hard, boxes out, and listens to the coaches.

this smoove always gets the nice stats but that shit doesn't mean anything when you constantly give the other team the ball with low iq plays

Last 11 games 19.45 pts9.55 rpb,5.1 apg1.64 bpg51.7% FG%43.3 3pt% The annual all-star snub motivation is in full swing.

Just in time to make a GM buy into trading for him. After 9 years its safe to bet the last 11 games are more the exception then the norm. He would be great for a team like the Spurs where he is the 3rd option and settles into that role.
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

I dont get a boner off of Smooves stats anymore. He always fills the stat sheet always has. Its all about leadership and mentality to me. People look at his game last night and get excited, I see the play where he turns it over and we almost lose the game if not for D Harris hustling to steal the ball right back.

Great game but y is he trying to be Lebron down the stretch, give the ball to your gaurds.

It may seem like nitpicking but he will never accept his role or play to his stregnths. Im sure Horford could shoot an ok percentage from three point range too if he jacked up as many as Josh but thats not his game and it doesnt help the team. Josh needs to understand that.

Let another team deal with his stubborness. Give me a guy with half his talent that works hard, boxes out, and listens to the coaches.

People don't see that. Games are won and lost on key plays like that during key stretches. If you're playing within your game, and you come up short, what can you say at the end of the game? There's really nothing you could have done better. But when you're out there free-balling WAY outside of your limits...and you come up with half a dozen plays where you essentially have thrown the ball away...

We are as Josh is as long as he keeps this mentality and as long as he plays for us - regardless of how he fills up the stat sheet. We already know it. We've watched it for like...8 years now.

• Premium Member

Last 11 games

19.45 pts

9.55 rpb,

5.1 apg

1.64 bpg

51.7% FG%

43.3 3pt%

The annual all-star snub motivation is in full swing.

Other interesting stat

Horford (not 10 games, 1 dnp)

17.8 ppg

10.1 rpg

2.9 apg

on 58% shooting

Teague (last 13 games as he's been tearing it up for a while)

18.9 ppg

8.3 apg

2.4 rpg

52% shooting

What does all this mean? It means the rest of the team hasn't been holding up their end of the bargain. all 3 have been playing at all star levels for a while and the team has lost 4 of their last 10.

+1000 this. I'm trying to tell you guys, this team has the makings of something special. Everybody is too trade happy right now to see what these guys have been doing for the past month or so. I just hope Ferry is level headed enough to see the improvement of these guys and not get up caught up in all of these bad trade rumors where we get back fodder and a draft pick.

• Premium Member

Just in time to make a GM buy into trading for him. After 9 years its safe to bet the last 11 games are more the exception then the norm. He would be great for a team like the Spurs where he is the 3rd option and settles into that role.

Come on now, let's be fair. He averaged 19 and 9 last season????

45% FG and 25% 3ptFG last year. That is pretty poor for a PF. His 28% on midrange jumpers was the worst of any starter in the NBA and was 2nd to only Kobe Bryant in mid range shot attempts. Data like that = moron.

Not quite the 51 % FG and 43% 3pt FG he has done over the last 11 games.

Big time difference in efficiency there.

Edit: hawkman, your not the one I was calling a moron in case that was not clear in the original post.....I was refering to Josh's shot selection being that of a moron.

Edited by coachx

Actually 19 and 10, if you're rounding up.

What kills us, is that he's our PF . . and we need our PF to shoot a higher percentage than what he shoots, especially when you have a team full of guards and jumpshooters. He basically had to take 17 shots to score 19 points last year. And when you add in the trips to the line and the turnovers, his points per possession was less than 0.9 ( actually 0.88 )

This year, that same points per possession number is currently at 0.84 ( according to SynergySports ). That ranks 288th in the NBA, despite the current 17 and 9 he's putting up right now.

Current Offensive point per possession stats for the Hawks ( main players )

- Korver: 1.17 . . 9th in the NBA ( mainly because 75% of his shots come via spot ups, off screens, and kills it from 3 )

- Horford: 0.97 . . 97th

- Harris: 0.95 . . 126th

- Teague: 0.90 . . 197th

- Ivan: 0.88 . . . 233rd

- Zaza: 0.86 . . . 257th ( which is why he's expendable too )

- Smith: 0.84 . . 288th

Recently, Josh, Al, and Teague . . and Korver . . have been playing great offensive basketball. But the reason why we've been losing is because we either can rebound the basketball, or we can't stop a decent SG or SF.

In other words . . defense and rebounding.

• Like 4

Josh is not the type of player that leads you to a championship point blank. Thats fine I dont blame him, but the problem is he THiNKS he is that kind of player. He is high usage and low efficiency. Weve been waiting for him to " play to his strengths" for years now. It wont happen. Its not his fault tho. We drafted a player out of high school who was raw and needed to be developed and taught how to play the right way and we never did that. We let him go years without a true position, and never taught him to play with sound fundamentals. The front office failed in his growth and now he is our Frankenstein. He is a five tool player that doesnt have a singular reliable part of his game from night to night. If he didnt think he was the next Lebron Id be ok with keeping him, but he now stunts the growth of other players with equal potential by being stubborn and has shown he isnt a leader. Other teams still see his potential which is why its time to get something for him before his athleticism fades and ppl realize his game stinks. I like Josh as a person and respect everything he has done by not being a trouble maker off the court, bur its time to move on just like it was with Joe. They didnt get it done for us, oh well, lets stop wasting years off Horf and Teagues primes. They still can go upwards. Horf is an All-star caliber player and is efficient. Teague can lead this team if given the dAmn ball. Get us star wing and somebody who is comfortable living in the paint and we are good to go. Worst case, we trade Josh, suck, and get a higher draft pick. These late 20's arent doing anything for us.

• Like 1

I don't particularly want to see Smoove go. He is our most entertaining player and we aren't going to get anything to put us into championship contention anyway.

That said - if he must go - I hope it's to San Antonio.

Smoove vs Pop....the irresistable force versus the immovable object...

The Wild Stallion versus The Bronco Buster !!

Who would crack first? Posted Image