• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh Smith's Price Going Up?

PaceRam

Last season, didn't Josh beat some rebounding record? I'm not sure exactly what they were saying, something like he has the highest rebounding % in playoff history.

But all & all, Josh has been our best player in playoffs since he's been on the team. His rebounding, blocks, steals, playmaking ability always show come to playoffs, and let's not forget about that defense.

His defense makes up for a lot of his & others miss FGs.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

we played the Orlando Magic. No need to get all excited.

As I stated in the chat room, South Atlanta would've beaten the Magic by 16 the way they played tonight. Orlando folks have to be beaming with pride that they built them that new arena down there. Made them more competitive...oh wait... Edited by Dejay

Last season, didn't Josh beat some rebounding record? I'm not sure exactly what they were saying, something like he has the highest rebounding % in playoff history.

But all & all, Josh has been our best player in playoffs since he's been on the team. His rebounding, blocks, steals, playmaking ability always show come to playoffs, and let's not forget about that defense.

His defense makes up for a lot of his & others miss FGs.

Last year in the playoffs he averaged 17 and 14, which is incredible... except when you realize he shot 39% and turned it over 3 times per game. And that was by far his best playoff performance of his career. For his career he's averaged 16 and 9 while shooting 42% in the playoffs. And that's the problem, he can put up the stats but it requires A LOT of shots for him to get his points in the playoffs because he's inefficient against tough defense.

Last season, didn't Josh beat some rebounding record? I'm not sure exactly what they were saying, something like he has the highest rebounding % in playoff history. But all & all, Josh has been our best player in playoffs since he's been on the team. His rebounding, blocks, steals, playmaking ability always show come to playoffs, and let's not forget about that defense. His defense makes up for a lot of his & others miss FGs.

Yeah his jumper also cost us game 6. Im not impressed by his stats anymore. He can set every record in the playoffs we still got eliminated in 6. That means we can always do better.A 30 point night drives up other teams interest but it doesnt override a career NON twenty point scorer. I see him for what he is, he wont reach his potential with us, its the cold hard truth
  • Like 1

Yeah his jumper also cost us game 6. Im not impressed by his stats anymore. He can set every record in the playoffs we still got eliminated in 6. That means we can always do better.A 30 point night drives up other teams interest but it doesnt override a career NON twenty point scorer. I see him for what he is, he wont reach his potential with us, its the cold hard truth

We also can't forget that he came back and played hurt when he probably shouldn't have. Same for Al. Had both been healthy we would have easily gotten past the Celtics.

• Like 1

And if Josh Smith wasn't playing, it probably wouldn't even be a "game" aka a close game. He is our anchor on defense, creates offense for others, and etc.

Like I said, can't give Josh any love or else Hawksquawk will come down on ya. Posted Image Posted Image

Looking at the users below reading this topic, there will be more to come to this. I will leave it like that so yall can enjoy the bashing. Adios!

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

Seriously guys, I'm just sayin we gotta keep this team together just till summer. Not because we beat the lowly magic but because we won't get anything for smoove worth value...I'm leaning towards keeping him and if he walks he walks...I guarantee worse case scenario is a sign n trade over the summer. At least that allows another playoff run with our current team.

Josh looks great beating up on lottery bound teams. No one ever said that he was a bad player but he isn't worth what he is asking for. We have him now and we are not going anywhere. We traded Marvin and we trade JJ. Now its time for Smoove to go. Players don't get better in their 2nd decade in the league. It hasn't happened and its never going to happen. Al is on a very reasonable contract and do you really believe that Smoove should be making 19 million a season averaging 16 ppgs a game. You go now where with him with as your centerpiece. Going into beastmode against the hapless magic and the bobcats every other week means nothing.

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 2

Now this is interesting....from Ric Bucher

Ric Bucher: One GM's view on Josh Smith being dangled out there by the Atlanta Hawks: it's not that they're committed to moving him as much as they want to show him his options and potentially utilize that to persuade him that staying in Atlanta for less than a maximum salary -- his desire -- could be more attractive. There remains a very good chance that if he is moved, it is after the season rather than before the February trade deadline. Sulia

So perhaps the trade talk is Atlanta having discussions but so that Smith can see his market value. Never heard that take before but it is an interesting one.

WOW - I guess I was wrong! I really thought with the great games Smith has had recently that teams would be making all kind of offers to get an opportunity to get him on their team but it seems like I am reading a lot more about teams not being intrerested in pursuing him. Is this true or are these just Smokescreens & Posturing by other teams to try to get Ferry & the Hawks to lower their price and be willing to accept less? Now, I really beginning to think Smith will remain a Hawk at least until the end of the season!. Am I wrong?