• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

HOPE DANNY DOESN'T KILL OUR IDENTITY!

LastDon

Jeff Green as a highlight replacement for Josh Smith? He's nowhere near the dunker and he's not a shot blocker so I certainly don't see it as far as highlights go and he's a pitiful rebounder for his size as well. And yeah we're called the Highlight Factory but we're one of the slowest teams in the league and have been for years. One of the worst nicknames for our style of play honestly. Green, Melo (as much as a Syracuse homer like me likes him) and a mid 1st round pick is not enough value for Josh.

I think missed in his post because it wasn't formatted well was that he was saying

Green

Fab Melo

1st

Josh

This actually works with our roster but that deal would push Boston into the LT.

A more reasonable deal in that scenario is

Green

Bass

Melo

1st

Smith

Petro.

That evens out the salaries enough Boston wouldn't be forced into the LT.

Bass is a nice player to have and is better than Petro but is more expensive. The problem there is all 3 (Green, Bass, Melo) are committed salaries through 2015 eating up about 16 million in cap space. Green is very much a Marvin Williams type of a player and handing Boston Smith and cap flexibility while putting ourselves right back into Marvin isn't my idea of a good deal no matter how much I covet Fab Melo.

• Like 1

And don't be mad at Josh Smith for not giving the Hawks a "hometown discount".

Keep in mind that when he was a restricted free agent, the management basically told him to "find his own deal". After about 2 months, Memphis finally came up with an offer sheet. The Hawks saw it as "reasonable", and matched the offer.

Don't think Josh and his agent has forgotten this. And that's why he tossed out there that he thinks that he's worth the MAX.

The NBA is a business. Danny Ferry knows what it is like, when you don't fully treat it like a business. He still has that bitter taste of Carlos Boozer and their "understanding", in his mouth. As soon as Boozer was shown the money by Utah, he said to heck with that "understanding" and bolted right out of Cleveland.

This is a brilliant take.