• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I'm either brilliant or an idiot but my bet is the suns!

bruincoach

Call me an idiot if it doesn't happen but I keep reading about the suns. I know many will gripe about gortat and actually I'm not a Beasley fan BUT I'm goingBeasley/gortat/pick (but not this years) ForSmooveGortat is more than quality hard worker and we could do much worse (I Boston's or new jerseys rumored deals are real then this is much better). Beasley on a good team can provide a lot. He's a head case and shot slinger BUT he provides us help at small forward and a stretch 4. Reasonable contractI read an article in google news articles saying suns were still interested AND wojo says they are going hard. I prefer Dudley but can't get everything you want eitherThis year Teague/HarrisKorver/JenkinsBeasley/korver/tolliverHorford/Ivan/ScottGortat/zazaNext yearTeague 7 millionBeasley 6 millionGortat 7.5 millionHorford 12 millionJenkins 1.5 millionScott 1 millionGives us 30 millionI say Jefferson/tyreke/mayo will all be our targets. Can conceivably get 2 for 20 millionLeaves 10 million for 2 draft picks and 2 more bench guys

NOT WHAT I PREFER EITHeR but if it is what we get instead of smoove walking in free agency I will take itI prefer Jordan too BUT I think it is way less likely than this. Suns want a star and smoove would love being a big fish in a small pondBeasley is a career 35% 3 point shooter and is versatile. I think he is a chucked but until this year his shooting percentages have been decent. I can live with him because gortat is a good piece. Good contract and my kind of guy. Hard working diet man with skill. He's a much more polished zaza. Trust me I DON'T like Beasley but I could live with himPlus in this deal horford plays the 4 more and I believe you will see a 4 ppg and 2 rpg increase there

Once again, trading an expiring for non-expirings pre summer is going to ruin our cap flexibility. The way to get the most for Josh is through sign-trade in the summer, not at the deadline.

We aren't going to get more for Josh then when the team that signs him doesn't have to give us squat. The Nuggets paved the way with the Carmelo trade and we should follow suit.
  • Like 1

Once again, trading an expiring for non-expirings pre summer is going to ruin our cap flexibility. The way to get the most for Josh is through sign-trade in the summer, not at the deadline.

If we pick up one or 2 small time deals, it won't hurt us too much. I'm pretty sure Ferry said he wouldn't chase after 2nd tier free agents, so picking up some players that expire next year with a little extra incentive (like a pick) is a good call IMO.

P.S. Please, no Beasley.

Edit: On topic, I could see him going to the Suns actually. The question is for what.

Edited by TheFuzz

The funny thing about the mention of flexibility being ruined is that Josh's large cap hold would be more restrictive than any of these deals being brought up. If by the end of the moratorium Josh hasn't resolved where he'd like to go after being wine and dined and having the red carpet pulled out for him over different stops then the Hawks will have over 16 mil of cap tied up waiting for him and his new GM to finally grace us with a sign and trade offer. In the meantime, what exactly do you think is happening with other free agents?

• Like 2

Beasley is a worse chucker than Smoove without the defensive impact.Give me DeAndre over Gortat. DJ has more potential. If DeAndre improves his post game he can be a poor mans D12.

Not a bad trade-off. Then another team(s) can deal with Josh and Dwight's crying.