• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Dwight mocked Kobe at the All-Star game

Admin

Is he trying to force his way out of L.A before the deadline? Of course this is from the NY Post so take it with a bag of salt.

Amid other reports that the Lakers’ chilly on-court chemistry was spilling into the locker room, we’re told that Howard “grabbed Kobe’s uniform, put it on, and imitated him in front of all the other players on the West team. He was joking and berating Kobe” to fellow NBA stars, including the Clippers’ Chris Paul and Blake Griffin and Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant.

The source added Bryant later arrived in the locker room, “said hello to everyone on the team except Howard, grabbed his stuff and moved as far away from Howard as he could.”

If you were Ferry what/who would you offer the Lakers for Howard?

If I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I could re-sign both Josh and Howard in the off-season and that Howard would recover from his injuries then I'd offer then Horford / filler. But that's an enormous risk so at this point I'm just not sure I'd want this man child on my team.

True or not, Kupchak should be fired for bringing in a "personality" such as Dwight to mesh with one of the most fiery and competitive players ever. Thinking Dwight would assimilate to Kobe's style was just plain stupid. I long knew Nash and D'Antoni have pathetic defensive principles and skills, but it's a revelation that they are so useless at helping to lead and create a winning, professional atmosphere. Besides passing Jordan on the scoring list, what else is there for Kobe to do but become a player-coach a la The Great Bill Russell? It's almost necessary now. Add what D'Antoni's making to his salary and I guarantee he'll turn them around, for next season I mean. After this Celtics game tomorrow they can forfeit the rest of this season.

Edited by benhillboy

If I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I could re-sign both Josh and Howard in the off-season and that Howard would recover from his injuries then I'd offer then Horford / filler. But that's an enormous risk so at this point I'm just not sure I'd want this man child on my team.

If you don't want this man child on your team, what would you think if we had two of them?We already have J Smoove who qualifies.
  • Like 2

If you don't want this man child on your team, what would you think if we had two of them?We already have J Smoove who qualifies.

I would hope that they would get their act together, together. But that's probably asking too much. It's just hard to get the fantasy of Dwight on the Hawks out of my head.

If you got Smith and Howard, the first thing you would have to do it get a coach that is going to get on them the way SVG did with Dwight in Orlando. I like Drew but he is too much of a players coach and I think Howard and Smith would walk all over him. Ferry would need a coach that sets the tone early. Not allowing them to do what they want when they want. He would have the power since Ferry would have the coaches back.

• Like 1

If you got Smith and Howard, the first thing you would have to do it get a coach that is going to get on them the way SVG did with Dwight in Orlando. I like Drew but he is too much of a players coach and I think Howard and Smith would walk all over him. Ferry would need a coach that sets the tone early. Not allowing them to do what they want when they want. He would have the power since Ferry would have the coaches back.

Any suggestions?

Dwight needs to go on a soul-searching trip to Mecca or some sh@t. He needs serious help. You can see he's preoccupied with something off he court. Baby mamas maybe? All I know is he hasn't added much of anything to his game and that's just ridiculous. When his broad shoulders and jumping ability fail him, he's just a liability out there.

Edited by benhillboy