• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

No news is, well, no news.

Admin

With Josh matched up on Lebron tonight this could be a good chance for him to show that he could be a difference maker on a championship contender. I hope he's up for the challenge, trade or no trade.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/still-no-news-smtih-trade-front-scheduled-start/nWTT8/

Josh Smith remains a member of the Hawks just a day before the NBA’s trade deadline.

Smith took part in the team’s shootaround Wednesday morning in preparation for tonight’s game against the Heat. He is scheduled to be in the starting lineup and will draw the assignment of guarding LeBron James.

It is unlikely that Smith would play tonight if a trade was close. Neither the Hawks nor a trade partner would want to risk an injury. It is possible the Hawks could hold Smith out should a deal develop between the morning shootaround and the 8 p.m. start versus the Heat.

“No,” said when asked if he had any conversations with Hawks management or his representation over the past 24 hours. “Like I said, I’m just trying to stay out of the way and focus on what is in front of me and not worry about anything else.”

Smith was asked if he would rather pursue a championship in Atlanta or somewhere else.

“I just want to win,” Smith said. “It doesn’t matter where.”

The Hawks have had trade conversations with other teams about Smith but nothing has, so far, materialized.

Coach Larry Drew said he has heard nothing new on a possible trade of Smith, who will be an unrestricted free agent following the season.

“No news to me,” Drew said. “I’ve been basically trying to focus on getting ready for Miami. (General manager) Danny Ferry is the guy who handles that so I will leave that in his hands.”

Ferry has declined comment on the trade deadline and speculation involving Smith.