To all of those Jordan Crawford fans

capstone21

• Moderators

I guess I'm the only one who thinks trading nothing for something is smart. My bad, ima stick to only posting about Zaza.

I think a lot of us think someone like Crawford does more harm than good with the way he has played to date in his career (in much the same way that a lot of people didn't want Allen Iverson post-Denver even though he was still significantly better than Crawford).

The fact that the Wizards got nothing for him tells you they preferred nothing to keeping him and having to pay him next year and that they didn't have a single value proposition on the table.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks trading nothing for something is smart. My bad, ima stick to only posting about Zaza.

Trading nothing for something is smart, as is trading less than nothing for nothing. If that makes sense. :)

This from the NY Daily News on JC2 (must be something in the water here in Atlanta:

"

The Wizards have been feverishly trying to dump Crawford, who has been difficult to coach at times. "The problem is he thinks he's great,'' said one source. Read more: http://live.nydailynews.com/Event/NBA_Trade_Deadline_Live_Blog#ixzz2LZ7DA99D

Colin . . you're not dumb. It's funny that some of the same people who are dogging Jordan right now, are the same people who were loving Jordan's "foster cousin" . . . Jamal Crawford. Jordan improved this year. But as soon as Wall came back, he became expendable with Wall and their top draft pick Bradley Beal in the mix.

If it's any team that can get the most out of Jordan, it'll be Boston. Look for Doc to use Jordan as a backup PG type of player, instead of a volume shooter. He can pass the ball, and that was underutilized in Washington.

Jordan is what he is . . . a guy who thinks he's better than what he is, but a guy who definitely has talent. If the right coach can reign in his shot selection, and turn him into more of a playmaker, he'll be in this league for the next 10 years.

All I know is that with the revolving door with our backup guards, Jordan should still be here, as an option to put in a game in place of, or with Teague.

• Moderators

Colin . . you're not dumb. It's funny that some of the same people who are dogging Jordan right now, are the same people who were loving Jordan's "foster cousin" . . . Jamal Crawford.

Jamaal Crawford ATL TS% - .559

Jordan Crawford ATL TS% - .421, WASH TS% - .498

Yeah, the Jamal-Jordan comparisons don't hold water.

I'm too lazy too look right now, but is Jamal a good example of how role CAN change efficiency, when he came to the Hawks from elsewhere? (Normally, players are inefficient regardless of minutes, teammates, coach or role.)

Jamaal Crawford ATL TS% - .559

Jordan Crawford ATL TS% - .421, WASH TS% - .498

Jamal Crawford ATL Assist % - 16.9

Jordan Crawford 2013 WAS Assist % - 26.1

Keep in mind that I was one of the ones from the first time I saw him in summer league, who thought that Jordan was actually better as a PLAYMAKER guard, than a SHOOTING guard. I was one of the ones who even said that he was a better playmaking guard than Jeff Teague, and wanted Jordan to have a shot as the backup PG, instead of the Jamal Crawford scoring guard off the bench role. If Jeff had Jordan's confidence, Jeff may be a top 10 PG in the league.

Drew disagreed, and only saw Jordan as a SG. So he goes to Washington and pretty much proved that he can function in the playmaker role, especially in the absence of John Wall. If he didn't had to concentrate on both being a top option type scorer an playmaker, he would be much more efficient as a player. Jordan is the prototypical combo guard who has bad shot selection, because he settles for too many 3's.

But just watch how Doc uses the kid in Boston.

Boston is pretty much devoid of having a true PG, but they have been somewhat successful in the absence of Rondo because the ball movement overall is much better ( even though they've lost 3 of their last 4 games ).

Jason Terry plays best OFF the ball where he can play his catch and shoot game. So what Doc will do, is instruct Jordan to be more of a playmaker/scorer, than a Barbosa type volume scorer with that 2nd unit. And if Jordan is hot offensively, Doc may give him the green light to see if he can put up points.

Instead of playing on a bad team with a bunch of young kids trying to prove themselves, Jordan now goes to a veteran team who will hold him accountable for everything he does on the court, along with a coach who will do the same thing. They will not let him be as wild as he was in Washington.

Isn't that the theory that most people have about Josh Smith? That if he played on a team full of vets, and had stronger coaching, that he'd be a better player?

Boston has nothing to lose by trading for Jordan. If he fails, people will just say . . "oh well, he's nothing but a gunner anyway." But if he succeeds, people are going to hail Danny Ainge as being a dang genius.

Success for Jordan in Boston would be . .

25 minutes

10 ppg

4.5 asst

44% FG

35% 3FG

Making a few huge shots to help them win games, due to his ability to create his own offense . . or having a few high scoring games.

Failure would be playing horribly, and seeing himself being buried on the bench once again.

Jordan's high points this year

- #10 in the league in points per play via ISO scoring . . . 0.99 . . . and shooting 46% in ISO situations

- Shooting 41% both as a 3 point Spot Up shooter and when shooting 3's in Transition

- Shooting 51% eFG and has a 17.1 PER as a PG ( per 48 minutes of production )

- Holding opposing PG's to 38% eFG shooting and a 9.5 PER ( per 48 minutes of production )

Per 36 minute production

18.1 points ( on 16.2 shots )

5.0 assists

4.3 rebounds

We'll see how "garbage" this kid is, when he actually play with other people who can ball. It did wonders for Jamal Crawford's career. Let's see if it will help Jordan as well.

Edited by northcyde

• Moderators

This I totally agree with:

Boston has nothing to lose by trading for Jordan. If he fails, people will just say . . "oh well, he's nothing but a gunner anyway." But if he succeeds, people are going to hail Danny Ainge as being a dang genius.

I don't hate this move for Boston at all because there is zero downside in giving up Barbosa and Collins and Crawford does have some talent. The guy has just failed so emphatically to date that I can't help but be very unexcited about what he is bringing next. If he takes his career in a different direction that doesn't have his next team willing to give him away for nothing, he could start making an actual contribution on the floor.

As far as the assist rate and PG play, here is Zach Lowe's analysis on Crawford running the point in Washington:

He did make a real effort to pass more this season when the Wiz used him as a de facto point guard, but those lineups failed so miserably they almost broke the NBA.com stats database.

Edited by AHF

this article was posted on the wizard boards. http://www.wusa9.com/sports/article/244670/444/Wizards-Jordan-Crawford-Good-Riddance

a quote from the article.

But let me paint you the bloody truth about Crawford and why this deal was bound to happen: he was the laziest defender on the roster, the one who didn't give a flying f*** about winning, or team chemistry. You can let someone like Monta Ellis or Deron Williams get away with behavior like that. But not Jordan Crawford.

Or how about this nugget (which you'll see itself play out in the upcoming year):Crawford was sabotaging Bradley Beal from becoming the leader of the Wizards.

sounds to me not only was he an inefficient chucker but he was a cancer.