• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Book it! Jeremy Tyler is gonna be a beast!

Richesly

During 8 games last year he was 7.5, 5, and 1.3 in less than 20 mins at 20 yoa. He could be an 18/10/2.5 player at the C position or he could be a 5/3/1 player. He's a cheap big to take a flyer on for a year. His maturity issues are mostly behind him. He's more coachable now. MAYBE we give him a chance (I hope so) and MAYBE he makes the most of it. W

Edited by Walter
  • Like 1

Yup. This is Jalen and Skip talking about him on that situation. I was discussing this with the chatroom the other night about players needing to get an education, but a lot of them didn't agree. Glad Jalen understands.

PS. Skip is a jackass.
U missed the point I was making. I never said that an education wasn't important. I said what's the point of going to college if u are just going for one year and a college degree is not your goal. It's a waste of time.

Sorry but according to Shamsports we were already 5 million under the Luxury Tax before the Morrow for Jones trade. This guy's salary is less than the difference.

However, his next season is unguaranteed and he is 1-1.3 million the next 2 seasons. I think this might signal the end of Zaza next year if Dwight is brought in. Dwight at the 5, rotate Al in during Dwight's time out....this guy is technically 3rd string. Then use Zaza's salary to bring in someone else.

• Moderators

Skip is a jackass and his generalization about kids in the final 4 not going to classes all year is a bunch of bull. Sure there are some players who don't go to class or take their tests but that's not the norm. And I find it laughable that he thinks the NBA requiring kids to have a year of college is unconstitutional. Uhh excuse me Skip but I'm pretty sure that in order to get any high paying corporate job in a America you pretty much have to have a college education, unless you're starting a business on your own or something. Damn what a jackass! But I do hope that Jalen is right about this kid, whatever it was he actually said about his skill level.

This has been my point to all of these athletes that wanna complain about having to spend a year (or 3 years in the NFL) out of high school.

• Moderators

There is zero legal issue with the age restriction. This is collectively bargained with the union representing the players. As such, it doesn't trip what would be the one (non-constitutional) legal issue: anti-trust. If the NBA union decertified, then suddenly the age limit would be an illegal restraint of trade. Because it is bargained, it is 100% legal.

It isn't there for the players because they would be better off with more education. It is 100% there so the NBA gets (a) better scouting on players for the draft; (b) more polished players coming into the league; and © better branding for players. If I ran the NBA, I would require two years out of HS for these reasons and make the NBADL/Euroleague available to people who wanted to earn a few dollars instead of going to college before they became draft eligible.

AHF you are going to have to elaborate at some point in time for me how an age restriction is legal. It is my understanding that high schooler are not represented in CBA negotiations and so they did not consent to this restriction. To me it seems challengable and not 100% legal, now if there is a case citing someone who challenged this and the courts denied it then I would be proven wrong but I have not seen this.

AHF you are going to have to elaborate at some point in time for me how an age restriction is legal. It is my understanding that high schooler are not represented in CBA negotiations and so they did not consent to this restriction. To me it seems challengable and not 100% legal, now if there is a case citing someone who challenged this and the courts denied it then I would be proven wrong but I have not seen this.

I have to agree. I know this is what AHF does for a living but trade unions are from what I remember subject to the same restrictions as employers when it comes to discrimination (ie...you can't discriminate in membership due to age/race/gender etc).

Below are a list of states with laws protecting an 18 year old's right to a job.

District of Columbia *

Iowa

Kansas

New York

New Jersey

Vermont

(possibly Minnesota as it's age of majority)

Other locations stipulate as "legal working age".

Other locations simply state you can't discriminate on age period and do not provide an age in the statute.

There are restrictions available on this where age is a requirement to perform a job (ie...serve alcohol/strip).

So I find it hard to swallow that a union can sign away those rights without representation or bar entry based on those statutes.

• Like 1