• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ferry Speaks.

Diesel

• Moderators

Will he re-sign Josh Smith to a long term deal that basically keeps him the face of the franchise? Will he think that Drew deserves another 3 years, or will he go out and get his own guy? And if he goes out and gets his own guy, will that coach be able to take whatever team Ferry constructs to the next level?

I believe that is the next major step for Ferry: Getting his guy to coach this team which hopefully means bringing in a great coach with an excellent track record and not promote an assistant with promise. We need a name that tells fans, current players, and free agents, "Whoa, Ferry ain't f***ing around!".Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

Not seeing a puppet..at least not one with as many strings as Sund had. I honestly had no opinion on Rick Sund, he was working with one hand. The other was keeping the ASG's thumb from crushing him.

So far, I've got no complaints with DF. Well...one minor one, but I'll get into that elsewhere. The thing to take away from this is the fact that had we gotten a suitable offer, Josh would have been dealt. I know many people realize this, but for those that don't...there's a way that GM's, players, coaches, and owners talk in front of the mic. BK was horrible at it. So much so that he just ended up sounding like an arrogant ass. Ferry told us all we needed to know in that interview and it was a pretty good one to me.

We were working our asses off to trade Josh and had a decent deal come along, he would have been dealt. My concerns at the moment are about his vision for "rebuilding" the team. He's not tipping his hand very far, but I've been able to see a couple of his cards. One very big card is what Walt was alluding to:

It's you.

Ferry made the right calls here. We took a chance that JS would up his value without JJ and either we'd get our money's worth by resigning him or we'd get good return in trading him.

That's what's really going on here. When you take all the hoopla out of the air and you take a step back, you've got to see that the option to deal Josh Smith has been there since the summer. If he wanted to move him, he would have. He took a gamble that Josh might increase his value AND he took a gamble that he could move Joe, replace him with a scorer, fill out the roster and build an equally (if not more) competitive team.

Or win without losing...

Edited by Wretch