• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I heard this floated 5 days ago

thecampster

5 days ago I was listening to sports talk (don't ask which show) and they floated the idea that all the trade speculation on Josh was just so that Josh, his agent and Ferry could assess his true value. That they had it out after the 1 game suspension and Ferry agreed to guage Josh's value. That most of the trade talk was sparked by Smoove's agent.

Now this makes sense based on something I heard yesterday. That when Houston called, Ferry went for Asik and Parsons. It was an offer Houston wouldn't bite on. The value of that deal...9.2 million. The Milwaukee deal was 21 million.

The deals were all over the place yesterday for Smoove and in all different contract ranges. I'm wondering if this was all a ruse so they could guage Josh's value for negotiations next year. Many of the teams calling would have had cap space next year or would be players in the sign n trade market.

Dunno...just wondering if it was all some crazy game.

5 days ago I was listening to sports talk (don't ask which show) and they floated the idea that all the trade speculation on Josh was just so that Josh, his agent and Ferry could assess his true value. That they had it out after the 1 game suspension and Ferry agreed to guage Josh's value. That most of the trade talk was sparked by Smoove's agent.

Now this makes sense based on something I heard yesterday. That when Houston called, Ferry went for Asik and Parsons. It was an offer Houston wouldn't bite on. The value of that deal...9.2 million. The Milwaukee deal was 21 million.

The deals were all over the place yesterday for Smoove and in all different contract ranges. I'm wondering if this was all a ruse so they could guage Josh's value for negotiations next year. Many of the teams calling would have had cap space next year or would be players in the sign n trade market.

Dunno...just wondering if it was all some crazy game.

This doesn't make sense to me. Josh's trade value in a contract year (after he says he's worth the max in the era of the new CBA) is entirely different (and obviously way lower) than his value when he is agreeing to sign and trade (along with other FAs like Howard maybe). This move would only hurt JS's value IMO. Maybe Ferry convinced JS camp that this would be good for him but IMO it was not.

W

• Like 2

5 days ago I was listening to sports talk (don't ask which show) and they floated the idea that all the trade speculation on Josh was just so that Josh, his agent and Ferry could assess his true value. That they had it out after the 1 game suspension and Ferry agreed to guage Josh's value. That most of the trade talk was sparked by Smoove's agent. Now this makes sense based on something I heard yesterday. That when Houston called, Ferry went for Asik and Parsons. It was an offer Houston wouldn't bite on. The value of that deal...9.2 million. The Milwaukee deal was 21 million. The deals were all over the place yesterday for Smoove and in all different contract ranges. I'm wondering if this was all a ruse so they could guage Josh's value for negotiations next year. Many of the teams calling would have had cap space next year or would be players in the sign n trade market. Dunno...just wondering if it was all some crazy game.

Depends on which Bucks deal your buying.The last Bucks deal did not include Ellis and was around 12 mill of contracts.

• Moderators

My only argument with this theory is that system of gauging a players value is flawed because you can't gauge Smith's value by saying "Hey, you would have only netted us Mbah a Moute at the deadline in a contract year, therefore you will only get Mbah a Moute money.". We all know that when you attempt to trade your stars, you never get offered full value for them, i.e. Carmelo, Joe, Dwight. Also, Asik and Parsons were valuable to us because those are positions of need, but that same amount value may not be true for all teams. When making trades, you have to get contracts to line up and what's to say that Milwaukee thought that getting Smith + Harris is equal to Monta + fillers. It's definitely a tool Ferry can use to gauge value, but it's one that is easily beaten by an agent with half of a brain.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1