• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why didn't Mookie show up for his award?

Blunt91

Decided I would bring up this topic since no one else has discussed it. Unless he has something else very important to do he could have came to accept the award. Does he have any past or current issues? (you know what I mean).

Mookie is the only one out of the 5 guys that played with all of the other 4. None of the other guys did. He was very much an underrated player in my opinion. I remember when we first got him for Rumeal from the nets..one of his major flaws was his shooting. He worked at it at towards the end he was a really great shooter. I miss him as well as the phrase coined by d*ck Versace .."Mookie, Mookie lend me ur comb"

I heard he felt insulted that people blamed him for the team not winning it all back when we were a contender, and now he stays out of the spotlight. Not sure if it's true, or even where I heard that.

Toward the end of his Hawks tenure, I used to call him "Mookie Sellout". Because his shot selection at times was worst than Josh Smith's. Dude would take just head scratching, WTF type 3's at times.

• Like 1

All I can guess is he likes to keep to himself. Maybe his past weed smoking or perhaps he has always harbored resentment for the Jim Jackson/Isaiah Rider trade. Who knows.

He was traded for a draft pick that turned into Jason Terry......Mookie only played 2 more years and went down hill quick. That trade was timely.It was Steve Smith who was traded for Jackson and Rider in that same off season.
  • Like 1

Mookie is the only one out of the 5 guys that played with all of the other 4. None of the other guys did. He was very much an underrated player in my opinion. I remember when we first got him for Rumeal from the nets..one of his major flaws was his shooting. He worked at it at towards the end he was a really great shooter. I miss him as well as the phrase coined by d*ck Versace .."Mookie, Mookie lend me ur comb"

You kidding?

He was great on the defensive end, but he was like Josh on the offensive end with the exception of maybe one season.

Also named their debut album "TEN" in honor of Mook and their original name.

Common knowledge to those of us around in the late 80s and early 90s...........Pearl Jam originally named their band Mookie Blaylock before they had Eddie Vedder and for a while after adding Eddie Vedder.

• Like 4

Hotlanta I think he had more than just one season of hitting 3's. I know his forte was his D but his shooting drastically improved from his earlier days in Jersey that's for sure.