• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Bucks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

I been recognized that a few times. I don't understand the Drew hate and/ or disregard at all. The man is getting signifiganyly better each year like a young player. Don't really understand the criticism of his lineups either. We always have at least one matchup advantage at all times depending on the opponent whether its Zaza and Ivan against softer players, KK against someone who can't chase him, Al and Josh versus a front line that can't run, or two ball handling guards against a backcourt with communication problems. When Jenkins is on on top of all that, the other team has serious problems.

My biggest criticism of Drew is that he is an enabler for Josh's bad jump shots which prevents us from knowing whether Josh can be a foundational player or not. (He looked like he could be his last season under Mr. Potato Head but if he is shooting jumpers without a conscience like Drew lets him do then he can't be a core piece for us long-term.)

Drew has always been very strong on the plays out of time-outs.

• Like 2

I been recognized that a few times. I don't understand the Drew hate and/ or disregard at all. The man is getting signifiganyly better each year like a young player. Don't really understand the criticism of his lineups either. We always have at least one matchup advantage at all times depending on the opponent whether its Zaza and Ivan against softer players, KK against someone who can't chase him, Al and Josh versus a front line that can't run, or two ball handling guards against a backcourt with communication problems. When Jenkins is on on top of all that, the other team has serious problems.

Actually the opposite happens.

Drew matches up HIS lineup according to what his opponent has, not to create mismatches for himself.

If Drew would fully commit to the big lineup, we could have a starting lineup advantage vs 75% of the teams we play against. And we can keep a legit offensive rebounder in the game in Zaza.

As bad of an outside shooter Josh Smith can be at times, Anthony Tolliver is much worse. So why is that dude even playing? And don't even get me started on the Ivan situation.

Drew gets props for drawing up plays after timeouts. He is very good at that. His lineups? Nah. All of these multiple lineups we throw at teams isn't worth jack when we play the good teams. No cohesion at times. And bench players don't have a full grasp if they're even going to get minutes or not.

• Like 1

Actually the opposite happens. Drew matches up HIS lineup according to what his opponent has, not to create mismatches for himself. If Drew would fully commit to the big lineup, we could have a starting lineup advantage vs 75% of the teams we play against. And we can keep a legit offensive rebounder in the game in Zaza. As bad of an outside shooter Josh Smith can be at times, Anthony Tolliver is much worse. So why is that dude even playing? And don't even get me started on the Ivan situation. Drew gets props for drawing up plays after timeouts. He is very good at that. His lineups? Nah. All of these multiple lineups we throw at teams isn't worth jack when we play the good teams. No cohesion at times. And bench players don't have a full grasp if they're even going to get minutes or not.

We can agree to disagree, as we do often. There's no guarantee that going big will help rebounding. Drew knows his team and what they excel at: half an assist behind SA for tops in the league, 4th in three point shooting, 7th in shooting percentge, but most compromised by a big lineup would be our tie for 3rd in fast break points. I was quite surprised to see we're 10th in defensive efficiency, 1 in front of the vaunted Heat defense. I like Ivan and Zaza as much as anyone, but our attack is clearly based on guys who can spread the floor, make the widest array of passes, and run like hell. Edited by benhillboy