• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If u are a fan of Josh u are not a fan of the Hawks!

Bonkers

Oh man, I'm not even going to get into this. I'm glad I'm not the only one who solely forms an opinion on a guy who does everything above average except his shot selection. Man, we COULD HAD won that game if Josh didn't take that shot! Damn, it wouldn't even be a game without Josh's Defense/Passing/Rebounding, etc.

Anyways, like someone said above, these thread are getting ridiculous and way out of hand. Crazy how people form a opinion on one thing. Love it!

And oh yeah, Josh is still in a Hawks uniform as of now. LOVIN IT!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't agree with the title of the thread as I like the Hawks and I like Josh. However, I think Northcyde hit the nail on the head with his statement about those who defend everything Josh does. That being said, his defense and rebounding were huge for us, but the unnecessary turnovers were not called for. It's all good though because as Horford gets healthier, we're beginning to see more and more on offense that this is his and Teague's team.

• Like 1

I don't agree with the title of the thread as I like the Hawks and I like Josh. However, I think Northcyde hit the nail on the head with his statement about those who defend everything Josh does. That being said, his defense and rebounding were huge for us, but the unnecessary turnovers were not called for. It's all good though because as Horford gets healthier, we're beginning to see more and more on offense that this is his and Teague's team.

I think the best comparison for Josh . . . is Tony Romo.

When you look at Romo's numbers and stats, he's a better QB than even Troy Aikman. But when you watch Romo actually play, and some of the mistakes he makes in critical situations, it creates a love-hate relationship with the guy.

Romo doesn't make the typical type turnovers. He makes game changing turnovers that lose games. And that's what Smith does with his shot selection and his careless ball handling at times. Like Romo, he simply needs to stop trying to do everything all the time, and just make the RIGHT PLAY.

Here's a great series of videos about Tony Romo. You tell me that you couldn't substitute Josh Smith in all of these vids, wth his highlights and lowlights, and it would be accurate. He's about the only other guy in sports more polarizing than Josh Smith. Well, him and Alex Rodriguez. Cowboy fans feel torn about Romo, the same way Hawks fans feel torn about Josh Smith.

Part 1:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZCr13lp8PE

Part 2:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rOup-mLOHY

Part 3:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KTl47g9CPU

Can't see the vids from my phone but I'm pretty sure I know what u are talking about. And yes, to be honest they both deserve it. It's sad because both of their potential is there but there heads aren't.I could never be a fan of another team like I am of the Hawks. But with that said, if we resign Josh to a large contract without making any other significant moves in the next couple of seasons then I could see my NBA interest shrink a bit. Can't handle the Three Stooges play anymore.

im going to ask one thing whom wiil we have left to cover athrletic players like lebron when he comes to town? we all know hes a headache but c-mon man. people forget horford is at the end of a lot of those passes that josh throws in the paint.before teague began to finally learn his craft he would have mor assist than both of our guards combined (especially when joe was here)im beginig to see why ferry didnt trade josh for saunders &ebutu, they seem nice sevicible & productive but they just didnt seem to have that flavor to flip my tastebuds.

im going to ask one thing whom wiil we have left to cover athrletic players like lebron when he comes to town? we all know hes a headache but c-mon man. people forget horford is at the end of a lot of those passes that josh throws in the paint.before teague began to finally learn his craft he would have mor assist than both of our guards combined (especially when joe was here)im beginig to see why ferry didnt trade josh for saunders &ebutu, they seem nice sevicible & productive but they just didnt seem to have that flavor to flip my tastebuds.

Sanders wasn't on the table.

• Premium Member

Not accurate. Prior to Teague last year and this year, Joe Johnson led the Hawks in assists every year he was here except his last one (Teague).
  • Like 1