• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is it me or does John Jenkins looks like he could one day be the next..........

JTB

KEVIN MARTIN

Seriously guys...cant you see Jenkins turning into the next Kevin Martin?

I mean Martin is a great shooter who I will say is slightly more athletic than Jenkins. Neither can play defense. The only difference is that Martin is more aggressive offensively and he thats something Jenkins can learn to be no problem.

Maybe Im dreaming but I can see Jenkins turn into the next Kevin Martin..I mean this kid has upside and with that sweet ass jumper of his he can become deadly really quick! I mean its not like Durant is ultra athletic or can play defense cause Durant clearly can't do neither yet he is a star in this league because he shoots extremely, extremely well

Get Jenkins to be more aggressive on offense and of course improve his defense and he's the next Kevin Martin.

• Moderators

I agree, although a lot of the draft analysts like to compare him to Dell Curry. I think Ferry could save a lot of cap space if we promote Jenkins to starter over signing a SG in the offseason. Jenkins has loads of upside and although his defense is suspect at least he gives effort unlike Martin.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

KEVIN MARTIN Seriously guys...cant you see Jenkins turning into the next Kevin Martin? I mean Martin is a great shooter who I will say is slightly more athletic than Jenkins. Neither can play defense. The only difference is that Martin is more aggressive offensively and he thats something Jenkins can learn to be no problem. Maybe Im dreaming but I can see Jenkins turn into the next Kevin Martin..I mean this kid has upside and with that sweet ass jumper of his he can become deadly really quick! I mean its not like Durant is ultra athletic or can play defense cause Durant clearly can't do neither yet he is a star in this league because he shoots extremely, extremely well Get Jenkins to be more aggressive on offense and of course improve his defense and he's the next Kevin Martin.

There are better comparisons. Martin is 6'7''.Hersey Hawkins, Jeff Hornaceck, Voshon Leonard are all much better comparisons as off the ball scores / shooters who are around the same size as Jenkins. Jenkins may never be as good as Hawkins or Hornaceck but there is a good chance he at least turns out as good as Leonard.
  • Like 1

His ball handling is steadily improving. Gotta love that stroke. When he gets it going, we create serious problems. He just basically fulfilled his expectations: Bilas said he was the best shooter in the draft, he's the best three-point shooting rookie in the league. Score one for Ferry. Coach X took it back with the comparisons. Haven't heard Voshon Leonard's name in at least 15 years, but I bigged up Hornacek not too long ago. If Jenkins developed into him I'd be ecstatic.

I agree, although a lot of the draft analysts like to compare him to Dell Curry. I think Ferry could save a lot of cap space if we promote Jenkins to starter over signing a SG in the offseason. Jenkins has loads of upside and although his defense is suspect at least he gives effort unlike Martin.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been wanting him to start since the beginning of the season. If he turns into Dell Curry, that would be great for the Hawks. Curry was good enough to have absolute monster games when he got hot.

He has zero defense. He doesn't deserve to start because the opposing SG would torch him.

If you watch his Vandy highlights, you'll find that he's been capable in the past to attack the rim... reminded/reminds me of John Starks.

thats college. he'll never be much of a finisher in the NBA. His lack of athleticism hurts him alot. He may improve but idk

If you watch his Vandy highlights, you'll find that he's been capable in the past to attack the rim... reminded/reminds me of John Starks.

Come on dude. This is SEC basketball you are talking about.

I think Jenkins had 1 dunk in his entire collegiate career.......Starks would dunk more then once a game. Starks was also a good defender. They are entirely different from an athletic perspective.