• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Since the suspension

thecampster

• Premium Member

I've been saying these guys are a middle class man's big three. If people can put aside their biases they can see that all three of these guys are VERY talented and have good chemistry on the court. Add to this core, don't take away from it.

• Like 3

Is that including tonights game? And this trio is going off! Teague Smoove and Horford have been straight ballin! Posted ImagePosted Image

Edit: Opps, didn't see that it included tonights game. Where did you find the updated stats? I've been looking for it ever since the game.

Edited by AHawks89

This is what makes this team so frustrating. We all know the talent is there for this team to compete. However the consistency is always wavering. This is a good months worth of high level play right here.

Is that including tonights game? And this trio is going off! Teague Smoove and Horford have been straight ballin! Posted ImagePosted Image

Edit: Opps, didn't see that it included tonights game. Where did you find the updated stats? I've been looking for it ever since the game.

I pull the stats using copy and paste into an excel spreadsheet then manually added tonight's game.

Then using these formulas

=sum(A1:A17)/17 or similar to figure out averages/total, etc

Then copy paste the next player in, etc.

EDIT:

sorry to be more clear. in the player profile in Yahoo there is a tab, Game Log. If you go in there you can highlight any section of games you want, do a mass copy then paste it into excel. Then its just a matter of formulas. Also, you have to add any games not within the 24 hour news cycle.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

To piggyback off of another post you put up camp, what has been the average winning percentage of the teams we faced over this period? We might just be picking up effects that are based on our opponents and not necessarily the 3 amigos playing better.

I'm glad to see Josh has really improved since the suspension. He still makes some the same bone-headed mistakes, but with those FG%s he's improving (either taking fewer long 2 pointers, or he's just shooting better).

Horford's numbers are ridiculous.

Teague is looking better and better. I'm glad he's starting to prove those of us who seriously doubted his abillities wrong.

Yep I don't know what happened at that point but the 3 of them have been on a consistent tear together since that point. If they can keep this up we could make some noise in the East.

You are right. I hope these guys keep this up but the one thing that doesn't show too much is defense.

Stats don't show how well your defense is. That's the one thing I'm afraid of about this team.

That means our bench must keep playing well too. Zaza and Ivan's rebounding.... Jenkins, Toliver and Kyle shooting

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

You are right. I hope these guys keep this up but the one thing that doesn't show too much is defense.

Stats don't show how well your defense is. That's the one thing I'm afraid of about this team.

That means our bench must keep playing well too. Zaza and Ivan's rebounding.... Jenkins, Toliver and Kyle shooting

Oh but they do. Here is a recent example from Kirk Goldsberry: http://www.sloansportsconference.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/The%20Dwight%20Effect%20A%20New%20Ensemble%20of%20Interior%20Defense%20Analytics%20for%20the%20NBA.pdf (just look at the pretty pictures and the appendix to get a feel for what is happening, the words are not important)

Notice that no Hawk player shows up. This is because we have not installed SportVu by STATS in our Arena. If we did have this installed, we could track stuff like this. But noooooooooooooooo, the A$G doesn't want to spend the money to have this installed. So much for Danny Ferry bringing in a new culture. (well, at least in this one instance)

I doubt Ferry had time to get that installed plus run the draft, FA, trades and whatever else in the short time he had before the season. He believes in advanced stats and technology so it's probably a matter of time.

He doesn't have people working for him?