• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Since the suspension

thecampster

Looking on NBA.com, there's a poll asking which PG has improved the most out of Jrue, Greivis, Jeff Teague, and Ty Lawson and the votes are just ridiculous. Not saying I agree or disagree with the voting, but about how many fewer votes that Jeff has over everyone else. No exposure?

Jrue with 6k

Vasquez with 4k

Ty Lawson wiht 2k

Teague with 864

Edited by AHawks89

He doesn't have people working for him?

I'm sure that's probably something he'd have to get approved by the ASG or at least go through some sort of process and I doubt that was his biggest priority in his first off-season with us, which was already short as it was.

Looking on NBA.com, there's a poll asking which PG has improved the most out of Jrue, Greivis, Jeff Teague, and Ty Lawson and the votes are just ridiculous. Not saying I agree or disagree with the voting, but about how many fewer votes that Jeff has over everyone else. No exposure?

Jrue with 6k

Vasquez with 4k

Ty Lawson wiht 2k

Teague with 864

He got negative exposure in the skills challenge and that's probably the only time many of these fans have seen him play. There's probably a ton who didn't see that and don't really even know who he is. It's strange that Vasquez has as many votes as he does, but Jrue doesn't surprise me with the fanatical fans his team has.

Does Sund count? Who am I kidding, they'd be no difference if he did or didn't.

I thought Ferry was just Sund's puppet...

Oh but they do. Here is a recent example from Kirk Goldsberry: http://www.sloansportsconference.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/The%20Dwight%20Effect%20A%20New%20Ensemble%20of%20Interior%20Defense%20Analytics%20for%20the%20NBA.pdf (just look at the pretty pictures and the appendix to get a feel for what is happening, the words are not important)

Notice that no Hawk player shows up. This is because we have not installed SportVu by STATS in our Arena. If we did have this installed, we could track stuff like this. But noooooooooooooooo, the A$G doesn't want to spend the money to have this installed. So much for Danny Ferry bringing in a new culture. (well, at least in this one instance)

WOW! That is amazing.

How many teams have this? I didn't get to read all of it.

If you know, please let me know.

We can push to have this in the Highlight Factory through tweeting it and emailing the Hawks.

WOW! That is amazing.

How many teams have this? I didn't get to read all of it.

If you know, please let me know.

We can push to have this in the Highlight Factory through tweeting it and emailing the Hawks.

The paper states that 15 teams have SportsVu installed, but it does not list the teams.Looking at Appendix 1, the following teams are represented: Indiana, Milwaukee, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Phoenix, Denver, Chicago, LAL, LAC, Toronto, Golden State, San Antonio, New Orleans, Washington, Sacramento, New York, Boston, Miami, Utah, Minnesota, Memphis, Cleveland, and Detroit. So whoever that leaves out (clearly us, but also Charlotte and some more) I can say for certain do not have SportVu.

Now not all of the teams I mentioned have SportVu. The data is for players who faced at least 500 shot attempts during the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 seasons. So it is hard to say.

The paper states that 15 teams have SportsVu installed, but it does not list the teams.Looking at Appendix 1, the following teams are represented: Indiana, Milwaukee, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Phoenix, Denver, Chicago, LAL, LAC, Toronto, Golden State, San Antonio, New Orleans, Washington, Sacramento, New York, Boston, Miami, Utah, Minnesota, Memphis, Cleveland, and Detroit. So whoever that leaves out (clearly us, but also Charlotte and some more) I can say for certain do not have SportVu.

Now not all of the teams I mentioned have SportVu. The data is for players who faced at least 500 shot attempts during the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 seasons. So it is hard to say.

Seems to me that this was brought up a year or two ago when this was first being used and I remember it being a heavy criticism of Sund and the ASG. That certainly seems like fair criticism, but I've got faith that if this is something useful then Ferry will take advantage of it.

I know that my comments might put some folks into shock, but I hope that we can keep Smith. However, it hinges on being able to sign him to a reasonable salary. I was relieved that we ddn't trade him away, especially for garbage. If we could sign him at or near his current salary level, it would enable us to get some other quality players. If we can get Howard (although I have a lot of concerns about his health, mental and physical) or another quality center, then I think that would enable us to play Smith at the SF position and allow Horford to play PF. If Smith's not fast enough to stay with the other team's SF, then perhaps Horford and Howard could still stop him at the rim. If not Howard, there are still some other options are out there.

I think Al and Smith do play well together, and actually enjoy playing together. I would hate to break up that comaraderie.

I am hopeful that the new CBA will put an end to teams overpaying for players that don't play at that level. I think a max contract should be paid only to a legitimate superstar. Therefore, you have less than ten players in the league that merit that kind of contract, and none of them currently play for us.

I may get frustrated again during the remainder of the season, and want to get rid of Smith at that time, but for now I am glad he is still with us. In the mean time, I am enjoying the adventures of the three amigos.

• Like 3

We don't need no fancy SportVu system. All we need to know is how many points per game a player scores.

Sorry but making statements like that are the same ppl who were saying...

Melo would be a better player than LBJ.

VC is better than Kobe

Mr Robinson was better thank The Dream

... All because their team was winning and those players were scoring more at the time. lol smh

defense wins championship!

aka... badboys

aka the reason why Boston continue to surpise people even when people think they are too old.

I know that my comments might put some folks into shock, but I hope that we can keep Smith. However, it hinges on being able to sign him to a reasonable salary. I was relieved that we ddn't trade him away, especially for garbage. If we could sign him at or near his current salary level, it would enable us to get some other quality players. If we can get Howard (although I have a lot of concerns about his health, mental and physical) or another quality center, then I think that would enable us to play Smith at the SF position and allow Horford to play PF. If Smith's not fast enough to stay with the other team's SF, then perhaps Horford and Howard could still stop him at the rim. If not Howard, there are still some other options are out there.

I think Al and Smith do play well together, and actually enjoy playing together. I would hate to break up that comaraderie.

I am hopeful that the new CBA will put an end to teams overpaying for players that don't play at that level. I think a max contract should be paid only to a legitimate superstar. Therefore, you have less than ten players in the league that merit that kind of contract, and none of them currently play for us.

I may get frustrated again during the remainder of the season, and want to get rid of Smith at that time, but for now I am glad he is still with us. In the mean time, I am enjoying the adventures of the three amigos.

This. I feel exactly the same way and I am hoping that Josh and Ferry will be able to come to an agreement on a reasonable salary and hopefully with a team option for the 5th year because for every one of my complaints about Josh I have 3 positives that outweigh it and I hate thinking about him playing for someone else.

Sorry but making statements like that are the same ppl who were saying...

Melo would be a better player than LBJ.

VC is better than Kobe

Mr Robinson was better thank The Dream

... All because their team was winning and those players were scoring more at the time. lol smh

defense wins championship!

aka... badboys

aka the reason why Boston continue to surpise people even when people think they are too old.

It was sarcasm.

On topic, we should try to add to this core as opposed to breaking it up. The only issue is Smith's contract, just like Joe's contract prevented us from adding to that core last time around. Hopefully that 5th year entices Smith to stay on a decent deal. I fear someone will offer him a big contract.

Does defense win championships? Prove it! I always see that canard bandied about, but I don't believe it to be true. I'd guess that scoring efficiency wins championships (in the sense that we're looking for the single biggest factor in wins.)

This. I feel exactly the same way and I am hoping that Josh and Ferry will be able to come to an agreement on a reasonable salary and hopefully with a team option for the 5th year because for every one of my complaints about Josh I have 3 positives that outweigh it and I hate thinking about him playing for someone else.

Awwwh, that's so sweeet. lolJoking... very well said by the both of you. I agree!

• Premium Member

I know that my comments might put some folks into shock, but I hope that we can keep Smith. However, it hinges on being able to sign him to a reasonable salary. I was relieved that we ddn't trade him away, especially for garbage. If we could sign him at or near his current salary level, it would enable us to get some other quality players. If we can get Howard (although I have a lot of concerns about his health, mental and physical) or another quality center, then I think that would enable us to play Smith at the SF position and allow Horford to play PF. If Smith's not fast enough to stay with the other team's SF, then perhaps Horford and Howard could still stop him at the rim. If not Howard, there are still some other options are out there. I think Al and Smith do play well together, and actually enjoy playing together. I would hate to break up that comaraderie. I am hopeful that the new CBA will put an end to teams overpaying for players that don't play at that level. I think a max contract should be paid only to a legitimate superstar. Therefore, you have less than ten players in the league that merit that kind of contract, and none of them currently play for us. I may get frustrated again during the remainder of the season, and want to get rid of Smith at that time, but for now I am glad he is still with us. In the mean time, I am enjoying the adventures of the three amigos.

Excellent post. I wish for the same during the offsesason.

To piggyback off of another post you put up camp, what has been the average winning percentage of the teams we faced over this period? We might just be picking up effects that are based on our opponents and not necessarily the 3 amigos playing better.

Here are the advanced analytics you requested

Game margin during the time 102.4 (Hawks) - 99.3 (all opponents)

Opponents current record in those 11 Hawks victories - 263-353 (average 24 -32)

Opponets current record in the 7 Hawk Losses - 238-153 (average 34-22)

Overall opponents record all games (note Brooklyn counted twice as we played them twice 1-1) 501-506 (average 28-28).

Basically without playing us the teams we played are 494-495....our victory ratio against a 500 club in this stretch is 11-7. Extrapolated out a full season is 50 - 32 (slightly better than we've played the rest of the season and minus Lou).

Maybe the most interesting thing here is the game margin increased by 2 points a game while the ppg for the Hawks has increased 6 ppg, defense is giving up 4 more points as well. So they are scoring more but giving up more. This would lead us to believe they are playing at a faster pace which is what LD wanted.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Awww, we just love our little knucklehead! :blush: I am loving seeing these guys performing right now not only because we are winning games, but because having these type of players on the team make the team attractive to guys in FA. FA will see us as competitive if they see guys like Al, Josh, Teague, and Lou here.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk