• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lets trade for Nash

Admin

He is a FA after this season (opt out) and is likely to not resign with the Mavs because they already have 4 max players and he wants to be paid around 10mil per like the elite PGs should be paid and he is definitely one of those. We can trade them JT so that they can get back a very good scorer and JT can play great in their system I would imagine since he loves to shoot so much and wouldnt be the focus of the defense there. I like JT as much as the next guy but if it were possible to get someone like Nash for him I would certainly do it. Let him come in and see if he can run this offense like I think he can and then give him a big contract at the end of the season. [censored] maybe even Dickau could learn a thing or two from him. One thing is for sure we wouldnt have to worry about Nash standing around with the ball and the shotclock winding down and us barely getting into our offense. If not JT then maybe we could trade them Dion/1st (2005 or later) for Nash and then move JT to PG. Not sure if the Mavs would go for that but who knows they just might.

• Premium Member

Cuban's not letting Nash go.

Cuban has a great handle on the financial aspect of the NBA. He will overpay to keep Nash. Namely because Cuban knows that in 2005, the luxury tax will be done away with. Moreover, he has stated that Dirk and Nash are untradable.

Moreover, JT wouldn't fit in that system. They're not that good of a passing team.

If you wanted to trade JT, trade him to SacTown for Bibby.

SacTown would like to get the salary difference. SacTown is a good passing team. JT would fit with Christie.

We'd have Vancouver Hawks!

Bibby, Glover, SAR, SJackson, Theo...

First off, lets just say no to Bibby. I am not all that impressed with him and would much rather keep JT and his shooting ability on a smaller paycheck than what Bibby is getting.

Concerning Nash, I dont know that the Mavs wouldnt trade him. As much as Cuban loves basketball and the Mavs there is no way he will have 5 max level players on his team (plus Finleys salary is really high too right?), I just cant see it. Now, maybe he will rid himself of Walker or Jamison, but I think they will have a hard time finding people to take on those guys, much harder than they would have trading Nash.

I may be dreaming wanting Nash to be here, but just imagine how the fun n gun Hawks would be able to run with a PG like Nash....especially if we could deal them Glove or Nazr plus a first rounder from 2005 and on with one of those guys for him. That would also give us a chance to keep our top draft pick this next year to add some more scoring punch on the bench......but just imagine how deadly a JT/Nash backcourt would be on the east. Sure we couldnt defend but who would stop that scoring duo.

• Premium Member

Logic suggests that Cuban will keep Nash. More than Players, Jamison, Walker, and Finley are trade materials. Look over Cuban's History. He has never sat still when it came to making trades. I believe that he would likely trade any of these three max players when their value was high enough to get him what he wants... Namely a C. I can really see Finley being traded soon. Finley still have value, has a workable contract, and could fetch some talent in return.

I still don't think that Jamison for Antonio Davis is a dead thought either.

The point is that Cuban has said Nash will not be traded. He realizes that of his players, Dirk and Nash are the only ones that have franchise labels.

Back to Bibby.

Bibby is a Better PG than JT. That was proven at UA a long time ago. Right now, their salaries are similar due to the structure of JT's contract. IF it were possible to trade JT for another pG, the most likely is Bibby. Namely because SacTown will be looking for some Cap relief inorder to keep hold of their major players. Secondly, SacTown has determined that they can win with or without Bibby.