• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

And I thought our schedule was brutal

thecampster

I was looking at our remaining games and the fact we are back in our spot as the 4th seed as of last night's win. I was just looking at the standings when something jumped out.

The Hawks have a brutal stretch of games coming to close out the season. The Hawks have only played 55 games while other teams like the Lakers and Clippers have already played 58. Indiana for example has played 56. This leads to extra back to backs, extra flights etc before the playoffs for our Hawks.

But then I noticed something. Miami has only played 54 and NY has only played 53. There are 51 days left in the NBA season.

So in 51 days, the Hawks have to get in 27 remaining games. Miami 28 and NY 29. Old old NY needs to play 29 games in 51 nights. That's an average of 4 games a week for the rest of the season. Looking at Miami's schedule they have 7 back to backs still to play but their schedule is spread out so that there isn't really any time off for them. Miami's extra game will be at Home. NY's extra 2 games are on the road as they've played the same amount of home games as the hawks. NY has 9 count them...9 back to backs left but no real room on the schedule for more than 1 night off the rest of the way. The Hawks have 8 back to backs left meaning that with 2 less games they have a couple of 3 day's off at the end of the season.

Things are not as bleak for gaining a top 4 seed as I imagined.

And, just think.

We started this 6 game road trip knowing that, if we went 0-6

we would still be 1 game over .500.

So much for that worry as we win the first two and now can

be guaranteed of at least 2-4 for the road, even if we lose

the next four.

Snuck into 4th place while we worried. Wow!

• Moderators

Things are a little strange. We have been in the top 3 for easiest schedule the entire season. How is that possible? I guess someone has to have the easiest schedule but you wouldn't think ours would be significantly different that the rest of our division or conference.

In the power ranking yesterday

- hawks were the lowest ranked playoff team

- there wasn't a team ranked below the hawks that was anywhere near .500

- about 5 or 6 teams ranked ahead of the hawks that we are ahead of in the standings.

We are either looking good only because of our easy schedule OR we are the least respected team in the league. I think it's the latter but we need to prove it by taking down Utah and LA this week.

• Moderators

Things are a little strange. We have been in the top 3 for easiest schedule the entire season. How is that possible? I guess someone has to have the easiest schedule but you wouldn't think ours would be significantly different that the rest of our division or conference.

In the power ranking yesterday

- hawks were the lowest ranked playoff team

- there wasn't a team ranked below the hawks that was anywhere near .500

- about 5 or 6 teams ranked ahead of the hawks that we are ahead of in the standings.

We are either looking good only because of our easy schedule OR we are the least respected team in the league. I think it's the latter but we need to prove it by taking down Utah and LA this week.

When you are in the same division as the Wiz, Cats, and Magic, it's really easy to get that 3rd easiest schedule. Also, we play in the weaker conference. I'd like to see what the Heats strength of schedule is. Bet it isn't to far from us.

We need to be able to sneak into that 3 seed by the end of the season. Thats our only shot at reaching the ECF. Aint nobody want to face Miami with how their playing lately.

• Moderators

When you are in the same division as the Wiz, Cats, and Magic, it's really easy to get that 3rd easiest schedule. Also, we play in the weaker conference. I'd like to see what the Heats strength of schedule is. Bet it isn't to far from us.

You would think the Heat would end up with the easier schedule because they play the Hawks when the Hawks play the Heat.

• Like 1