• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Teague has 9 dimes or more in 9 straight games! Longest streak since Mookie with 15 in 1994

Admin

that is nice teague play making and decision making has definitely improved but I still think it can get even better.

Not having someone get 9 assist in 9 straight games since 94 is pretty damn pathetic as a franchise :lol6: Showed you how long management has neglected getting a play making point guard.

Edited by yungsta
  • Like 1

I thought Teague was a deer in headlights early on. His playmaking ability in that split-second window just wasnt there. Now it seems everything is slowing down. Imagine where he'd be if Woody actually gave a fu&k about him.

it wasn't just Woody though, he played one year under him. his 2nd year under Drew was no different until Hinrich got hurt the 2nd round of the playoffs. Jeff played 10 MPG under Woody and 13 under Drew before Kirk went down

I think its safe to say that Teague is our best PG since Mookie.

Bibby had a couple of good years with us but could never play defense.

A lot of jopurney-men before Bibby like: Jaque Vaugh, Emmanuel Davis, Ty Lue, AJ, etc.

JT was never really a PG for us. He tried for a couple of years and then began to thrive as an undersized scoring SG.

I think its safe to say that Teague is our best PG since Mookie. Bibby had a couple of good years with us but could never play defense.A lot of jopurney-men before Bibby like: Jaque Vaugh, Emmanuel Davis, Ty Lue, AJ, etc.JT was never really a PG for us. He tried for a couple of years and then began to thrive as an undersized scoring SG.

The mention of Bibby does remind me of something he did very well; find Josh on the break for an alley-oop. Those two had the timing down. Teague is getting better at this but, with Bibby, it felt like he'd set Josh up at least once every three games.

The mention of Bibby does remind me of something he did very well; find Josh on the break for an alley-oop. Those two had the timing down. Teague is getting better at this but, with Bibby, it felt like he'd set Josh up at least once every three games.

Smith could probably get 4 or 5 inches higher in the air back then too.

Remember that one year where they were doing that in reverse, Josh lobing it to Bibby?

I say forget about CP3 and re-up the younger Teague for the long haul. Spend the max money elsewhere...

exactly! I love CP3 but Teague has more then proven he's a capable floor general in this league on top of the fact that Jeff is one of the more durable players in the league at his position while Chris is prone to go through alot of little injuries that can keep him out of the lineup on random nights. I put those two factors on top of the dollar amount it would take to bring in CP3 compared to Jeff and say lets sign the youngin up longterm

Edited by Cwell

• Premium Member

exactly! I love CP3 but Teague has more then proven he's a capable floor general in this league on top of the fact that Jeff is one of the more durable players in the league at his position while Chris is prone to go through alot of little injuries that can keep him out of the lineup on random nights. I put those two factors on top of the dollar amount it would take to bring in CP3 compared to Jeff and say lets sign the youngin up longterm

I have to agree here. CP3 is going to cost a max contract. As much as I like him as a player, I'd much rather have a lineup with Horf and Teague to possibly go along with Josh and another major player (Dwight?). If we happened to get Dwight and kept Josh, we would likely have to lose both Horf and Teague to get CP3. I think I'll take Horf and Teague.

• Premium Member

Teague has always been a good prospect. I can't count how many times I said that we needed to turn him loose. You have to let guys get on the court and play when it matters (not just garbage time). You have to do that or you run the risk of letting a player go before you see their potential. What he needs now is to play with responsibility. We need to lean on him and keep pushing him. See if he can maintain this level of production...and yes we need to lock his ass up.

This would probably be a good time to bring up how some people wanted to deal him for a "serviceable big man" not too long ago.