• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF the Playoffs started today.

Diesel

• Premium Member

We would be in the best of 7 with BKLYN with the winner to face the winner of Miami/Milwaukee.

Strangely enough, I'm not afraid of Miami's game. I'm afraid of the hype machine pushing Miami through.

I actually think we could take BKLYN?

A Milwaukee Miami Matchup shouldn't be a walk over.

• Like 1

We would be in the best of 7 with BKLYN with the winner to face the winner of Miami/Milwaukee.

Strangely enough, I'm not afraid of Miami's game. I'm afraid of the hype machine pushing Miami through.

I actually think we could take BKLYN?

A Milwaukee Miami Matchup shouldn't be a walk over.

I definitely think we could beat Brooklyn. Especially if we play like we are playing now. If we keep playing like this, it's possible we could even beat Miami, OKC and SAS.

• Like 1

Brooklyn is the anti-Atlanta team right now. Slow it down, grind it out. They don't want to run. They want to play a half-court game. They'd have us on size definitely, but they could not keep up with us up and down the floor. I think we'd wear them down quickly.

I would not prefer to play the Nets. I'm not saying I don't think we could beat them in a seven game series...I just would hate the constant JJ references. And the fact he has performed so bad in the post season, the law of averages means he's going to step up at some point, he's too good. Why not do it vs. his old team, and that would piss me off.

• Like 1

ATL/BKN is what I hoped for at the season start.

*knock on wood*

How sweet would it be to make Joe Johnson watch us advance to the 2nd round?

I think it would be even sweeter if we advanced to the conference finals because we beat Joe in the 2nd round.

I dont care who we play. We are cooking like this we can beat any team in the league.. My thing is can we play like this when it matters which is all the time. Can our big 3 show up against Miami, NYK, and BK like they do against Detroit, Orlando, and Sac.

Obviously, getting the 2nd or 3rd seed is preferable, but I think playing Brooklyn in the first round is absolutely our best bet matchup wise.Chicago/Boston are worse case scenarios. Those teams just out execute us (out coach?) every time no matter how inferior their talent might be on the floor.New York I'd also rather not face, but to a lesser degree than above two.Brooklyn is best bet. They have a ton of road games left so maybe they'll lose and we'll keep playing well and it will be 3/6 matchup!Indiana is our second best matchup. Though they are starting to lockup that 2 seed so a matchup with them seems unlikely in first round, but with my above scenario is the second round matchup.So path to Finals if we are dreaming:3 seed. Brooklyn. Indiana. Miami.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I was thinking about this yesterday when looking at the standings. I'd love to move up to 3 and have Chicago pass Brooklyn so we get the 3/6 matchup against the Nets.Then have the Celtics pull off an upset against the Pacers and get them in the second round. Knock off them and basically end the KG and PP era.We'd then probably get the Heat in the finals and hope we can pull off an upset after winning two tough playoff series.

Edited by cam1218

• Moderators

Whatever matchup earns the ASG the most amount of money. I don't think Brooklyn has a large enough bandwagon base yet so Manhattan, Boston and Miami all the way.

You have to win to advance and earn the ASG more money. If you get Miami in the first round, you might as well cap yourself at 6 playoff games in a best case scenario (absent a crippling injury or two).

If you want them for the exposure and ticket sales, root for Miami in round 2 (or round 3 would be even better).

Edited by AHF

Right now there are only three teams we wouldn't beat in a seven game series. OKC, San Antonio, and Miami. Yes we are playing that good right now. We could definitely hold our own against those teams though.

Obviously, getting the 2nd or 3rd seed is preferable, but I think playing Brooklyn in the first round is absolutely our best bet matchup wise.Chicago/Boston are worse case scenarios. Those teams just out execute us (out coach?) every time no matter how inferior their talent might be on the floor.

This.

Not looking forward to all the "Brooklyn" fans in the stands. Amazing how bandwagoners were all born in the same city as whatever team the Hawks are playing. Whoever sells Chuck Taylors and thick-rimmed glasses is about to be a millionaire!

• Like 1

The Bulls just kept the Nets off our heels and leapfrogged em. Joe needing that classic grace period before he's really "back" from injury I see. 11 points, 5 assists to 5 turnovers, and his patented 0 free throw attempts in 37 minutes. Bellinelli and Captain Kirk outplayed the Nets backcourt which has just been awful this year save for Joe's buzzer-beaters.

Edited by benhillboy