to face off with the Suns boasting eight straight away games exceeding 100
points. It’s the land of the rising Hawk, none more so than Al Horford, a lock
as runner-up foe Eastern Conference Player of the Month (21.5 PPG, 11.2 RPG,
62.5 FG%, 3.3 APG, 1.2 SPG, 1.9 BPG).

It seems safe to say that, following the staff turmoil that followed
the upheaval of Alvin Gentry and the promotion of junior assistant coach
Lindsey Hunter to the top gig, the Suns are pretty much over it. A stroke of
luck (missed free throw by Manu Ginobili) followed by the three-point stroke of
Wesley Johnson gave the Suns new life in overtime against Western Conference top
seed San Antonio on Wednesday, leading to an overtime defeat for the Spurs,
their first home loss in 18 games.

It will be interesting to see if he’ll match up with Marcin
Gortat tonight, or whether Coach Larry Drew opts to use more of Zaza Pachulia, a
couple days ahead of the game against Dwight Howard and the Lakers.

Jermaine O’Neal, is that you? Two-straight double-doubles for
the 16-season veteran in his last two games, including 22 and 13 against the
Spurs.

The Suns and Hawks are first and second, respectively, in
opponent three-point percentage. Unfortunately for Phoenix, they’re next to
last in the league for three-point shooting themselves (32.5%) and 27th
in threes made per game, while the Hawks are third in triples and second in
shooting percentage.

Go Hawks!

~lw3

• Like 3

• Moderators

Kyle and DeShawn start tonight, as per C-Viv.

I figure DeShawn's not in this game to D-up shooting guard P.J. Tucker (5.5 PPG), the 27-year-old who has started the last 28 games for Phoenix, after missing out on the previous five seasons. Instead, he'll be assigned Jared Dudley to keep him from getting a hot hand. Dudley's been below his scoring average of 11.2 PPG in each of the last 4 games (6.0 PPG).

~lw3

• Moderators

Don't look for Mike Scott tonight! He's on his way to Bakersfield to wreck shop in the D-League. He might get to play in L.A. before the Hawks do, as the Jam play the L.A. Defenders on Saturday.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/news/mike-scott-assigned-bakersfield-jam

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Man, I've been waiting strong for 2 whole day for some more of this awesome basketball. Don't let me down Hawks!

I'm with ya B2TN...let's keep it going! Gortat will change things some inside but I still like our two-headed monster HorSmoove Posted Image

Thanks for the heads up on the Suns lw3 - always count on you to give me some info on our foe.

GO HAWKS !!!!

• Like 1

JO u need to retire

He's such a little punk bitch I almost wish that someone from the Hawks had knocked his ass to the ground. The Hawks just had no energy, no rhythm, and it didn't help that the refs had some horrible calls against us. The dagger was our refusal to defend the 3pt line for some crazy reason.

Oh and can't leave this out, way to bomb from long range there Smoove! Sad when the Suns announcer has to say that "you figure at some point he'd realize that's not his shot" and yep you'd think that, but it's never going to happen.

At least Al got his garbage 20 to keep his streak alive.

• Admin

He's such a little punk bitch I almost wish that someone from the Hawks had knocked his ass to the ground. The Hawks just had no energy, no rhythm, and it didn't help that the refs had some horrible calls against us. The dagger was our refusal to defend the 3pt line for some crazy reason. Oh and can't leave this out, way to bomb from long range there Smoove! Sad when the Suns announcer has to say that "you figure at some point he'd realize that's not his shot" and yep you'd think that, but it's never going to happen. At least Al got his garbage 20 to keep his streak alive.

Yeah, it was no effort tonight. Guys played like they didn't care...the passing team wasn't there and Teague was a mess on offense and defense. To the people who say Josh can play sf ... I give tonight as an example of what happens when he is at that position ... 0 for 5 from three and 5 turnovers. He is a pf folks.Only good thing from tonight was Korver kept his streak alive. Others then that it was bad all around.Hopefully they come out to play in the next game.

• Moderators

Gotta do something to tighten up that 3-point defense, no?

The Hawks (38.2 opponent 3FG% coming into tonight) will probably take over the #1 worst spot, after giving up 45.5% on threes tonight while Phoenix (38.8 opponent 3FG%) allowed Smoove to fire away (0-for-5) and the rest of the team went 8-for-18 (including Al's garbage-time shot at the close).

Are we just slow adjusting and rotating when opponents pass out of the double teams, or is it more complicated than that?

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3