• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Watched Clippers vs. OKC...

Diesel

What's the difference in Iso-Joe and Iso-Crawford?

About 15 million dollars per season?

I wish Diesel posted more often, it seems like he has slowed down.

Coincidence that it happened the same season that Marvin was traded? We always said what would Diesel have to post about it Marvin were traded and now we see.

I love Craw Dog, but I'd rather have Korver over them both. Neither one of them could block Kobe twice in the same game nor have their true shooting off the charts on the cheap.

I am a big Korver fan, but it is becoming apparent that when teams focus on him on defense that we are unable to get him good looks and it really hurts our offense. While Jamal can't shoot the 3 like Kyle, he could get his shot against anyone and he has ice water in his veins. It's a no brainer as to which player I'd rather have, although I would like having them both.

• Like 1

All I know is that we could've used Mr. Johnson on that final defensive possession.<br /><br />And that's the major difference between JJ, Jamal, and Kyle. No one would put Jamal or Kyle on Kobe at the end of a game. But JJ can and has been a defensive option in that very situation.<br /><br />As for offensive play, we all know which guy is best in the clutch and a better all around offensive player.<br /><br />The only difference is the money......period. Take the money out of the equation, we all know deep down who the choice would be, even if you're not fond of him.

All I know is that we could've used Mr. Johnson on that final defensive possession.<br /><br />And that's the major difference between JJ, Jamal, and Kyle. No one would put Jamal or Kyle on Kobe at the end of a game. But JJ can and has been a defensive option in that very situation.<br /><br />As for offensive play, we all know which guy is best in the clutch and a better all around offensive player.<br /><br />The only difference is the money......period. Take the money out of the equation, we all know deep down who the choice would be, even if you're not fond of him.

I agree with everything in this post, except taking the money out of the equation. That's a huge thing to look over...In 82 games, the last possession, I'd rather have my beagle out there guarding Kobe for a last possession than Joe. Though I was a fan, I still can't fathom the $$$ we gave him, or the fact we were able to get rid of him that quick...

I agree with everything in this post, except taking the money out of the equation. That's a huge thing to look over...In 82 games, the last possession, I'd rather have my beagle out there guarding Kobe for a last possession than Joe. Though I was a fan, I still can't fathom the $$$ we gave him, or the fact we were able to get rid of him that quick...

You say that like JJ is a defensive liability, especially in one on one situations. JJ's defense is weak when running around and trying to guard spot up shooters. And he tends to have lazy stretches in closing out shooters or going after defensive rebounds. But he's always been one of the better one on one defensive guards-small forwards in the league.

The Lakers use Ron Artest to guard star players for most of the game. But when the Lakers really need a stop, Kobe can and will step up to the challenge. JJ has been the same way over the years. You don't want him guarding a star all game, becvause it will take away from his offense. But if we're talking about one possession, JJ is a good defensive option to go to.

And Buckeye, as far as the money is concerned, that's the difference between teams who really want to win a title, and teams who want to win a title . . . but want use the Luxury Tax as the reasons why they can't get "such and such" player.

If you know that Joe Johnson is a quality basketball player that can and will help your team, and you're willing to eat the cost of his contract for a while, it doesn't matter what he's getting paid. The only thing that matters is if he can help you win a title. This is why Brooklyn is banking that the trio of JJ - Deron - Lopez can get it done come playoff time, even if they're not the best regular season team. I truly believe they're the type of team that is built for a playoff series, and not necessarily for a great regular season.

Korver is a great shooter, but he can't be your main guy because he's limited offensively. That's why he's a role player. He HAS to play with good talent, to maximize his effectiveness. No way could he be on the Bobcats, and play this well.

Jamal is a great scorer, but he tends to struggle big time if he's your main guy, and the problem gets worse if you have to play him at the point. Playing alongside Paul is a perfect situation for him, because he'll hardly ever get doubled.

JJ couldn't be a consistently good main guy either, but he does things well enough on both ends of the floor for him not to kill you either way. Of the 3, JJ is easily the all around better option.

The flaw of the Hawks is that they should've at least used the MLE and even the LLE in one of those years in which they had JJ, Jamal, Horford, and Smith in the mix . . . and went well into the Luxury Tax for at least one year. That way, we could've really seen the potential of this squad. Instead, we relied on an oft-injured Tracy McGrady . . or a Vladimir Radmanovic . . or a Kirk Hinrich to bail us out.

Teams that are serious about winning titles just don't do that. They go out and get quality guys. Guys who can win you a few games with their special talents. Teams that are terrified of the Luxury Tax, will never do it.

• Moderators

Brooklyn should be banking on mediocrity and this is probably the best that core is going to get. I don't see where they have moved the needle from where we were last season as far as their championship dreams. (And they are exactly that...dreams.)

• Premium Member

Brooklyn should be banking on mediocrity and this is probably the best that core is going to get. I don't see where they have moved the needle from where we were last season as far as their championship dreams. (And they are exactly that...dreams.)

Last year, they were one of the worst teams in the league. This year, they are vying for 2nd in the east. I think that there's a lot of chemistry issues all over the league, but I wouldn't press an experienced team as mediocre until after the playoffs start. As far as we are concerned, we can go year by year getting players on their last year of their contract and they will overachieve. Unfortunately at some point you have to commit to a group.

• Moderators

Last year, they were one of the worst teams in the league. This year, they are vying for 2nd in the east. I think that there's a lot of chemistry issues all over the league, but I wouldn't press an experienced team as mediocre until after the playoffs start. As far as we are concerned, we can go year by year getting players on their last year of their contract and they will overachieve. Unfortunately at some point you have to commit to a group.

I can certainly be proved wrong. I think this Nets core tops out as a second round team on a bloated budget.

• Premium Member

I wish Diesel posted more often, it seems like he has slowed down.

Truth is... rough economy. I no longer have league pass, so I feel out of the loop. I don't know if we get Nationally televised games anymore? Feels like we have gone from 3 to none.

I can only watch the Lakers and Celtics and OKC so much.

Moreover, I have always seen this as a transition year. I can't understand the winning but I'll take it. If we don't get either CP3 or D-12, I wlll be disappointed yet again.

• Premium Member

I can certainly be proved wrong. I think this Nets core tops out as a second round team on a bloated budget.

If the east were stronger, I would be proned to agree with you. However, I think they have enough in the tank to get to the ECF given the right matchup.

Like it or not, they have a strong inside player and they can shoot from outside.

• Moderators

If the east were stronger, I would be proned to agree with you. However, I think they have enough in the tank to get to the ECF given the right matchup.

Like it or not, they have a strong inside player and they can shoot from outside.

They shoot 14th in the league from 3pt range (.358) so that doesn't inspire me.

They do have a strong interior scorer in Lopez but that perimeter shooting plus his strong inside game translates into the 16th best eFG% so I don't think that gets you anywhere special. They do a good job getting to the line but are 27th in the league once they are shooting those FTs.

The downside to Lopez is the guy is a poor rebounder so they are 21st in defensive rebounding.

They are also 24th in turnover rate (i.e., they are careless with the ball when they aren't shooting at a mediocre rate).

Just a very middle of the road team that has very limited upside for the future, IMO.

• Premium Member

They shoot 14th in the league from 3pt range (.358) so that doesn't inspire me.

They do have a strong interior scorer in Lopez but that perimeter shooting plus his strong inside game translates into the 16th best eFG% so I don't think that gets you anywhere special. They do a good job getting to the line but are 27th in the league once they are shooting those FTs.

The downside to Lopez is the guy is a poor rebounder so they are 21st in defensive rebounding.

They are also 24th in turnover rate (i.e., they are careless with the ball when they aren't shooting at a mediocre rate).

Just a very middle of the road team that has very limited upside for the future, IMO.

Somewhere between Lopez and Evans, they will figure it out. Their main problem is Humphries and Wallace. Neither guy is worth their money. Humphries is a guy I like but his head is focused on KK more than basketball. Wallace is just not the PF they need. IF they can somehow work a deal to get either Smoove or Milsap over the summer, they will be championship bound.

Aside from summer dreams though. Their road to the ECF depends on matchups.

They can beat NY, Indy, Boston,.. that means if they get 6th seed and miss Miami they will make it to ECF.

They can't beat Miami and they will struggle against us (if we are focused).

Why don't you watch the games online for free Diesel? I know that's not ideal and there are some that have a moral objection to it but I'd rather do that than not be able to watch my team at all.

As to the Nets, I tend to agree with AHF here that they are a 2nd round at best team. They'd probably beat the Hawks but even short-handed we'd still give them a heck of a matchup.

• Premium Member

Why don't you watch the games online for free Diesel? I know that's not ideal and there are some that have a moral objection to it but I'd rather do that than not be able to watch my team at all.

As to the Nets, I tend to agree with AHF here that they are a 2nd round at best team. They'd probably beat the Hawks but even short-handed we'd still give them a heck of a matchup.

In my Dave Chappell imitating Chad voice: " I didn't know that you could do that?!?"

In my Dave Chappell imitating Chad voice: " I didn't know that you could do that?!?"

Come on Chip, you didn't know you could do that???

This is the site that most people use now. And here is their direct link for tonight's game. Not sure if you need any special browser plug-in from them or not, but they seem safe enough as lots and lots of people view their feeds.

I can hear the Diesel warming up!

Hopefully, he watches and we hear from him - - frequently.

Now, if only we could get him and Walter wound up together!!

They once had some great posts, one against the other.