• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jeremy Tyler Waived!

Brotha2ThaNite

We've already got Lou, Horford, Jenkins, Mike Scott, 2 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder or 2, and QOs for Ivan and Teague. That's 9 players already (including 5 or 6 rookies) with a possible Josh Smith and a ton of capspace. We're not gonna sweat over a possible future 2nd rounder.

Edited by TheFuzz

Guest Walter

We don't even know when that 2nd round pick was for though. I'm betting it's that 2017 pick that Brooklyn owes us that we'd probably never see anyway. As long as the ASG give Ferry financial freedom he can easily buy a late 1st or a 2nd round pick anytime he wants so it's not a big deal to me.

When has pissing away a 2nd rder ever been good? Never. You don't trade for a guy, give him 5 mins and 1 week, and then dump him?!? You definitely don't do it when the guy is 6'11", 260, a giraffe's standing reach, was a HS All-American and had 1 more year of a reasonable contract.

Let's be clear here. It's not like any other roster moves were made in the meantime. Nothing new happened. It only took Ferry a week to decide he screwed up and gambled away a 2nd rder. BTW, Brooklyn's 2nd rder might be worth something in 2017 when Johnson is making $40 mil.

Minor deal and all but it is a sign of not having an clue what you are doing. Not a confidence builder.

W

Minor deal and all but it is a sign of not having an clue what you are doing. Not a confidence builder.

W

Oh c'mon Walter...I'm pretty sure they have a really good understanding of what they are doing. It's called "building down".

Let's be realistic - owners own teams and can do what they want (to a large degree) and our ownership group wants to sell the Hawks...and lose as little money in the meantime until a buyer can be found.

Danny Ferry is simply an employee of the owners - and does what they want - or gets fired.

Edited by DJlaysitup

When has pissing away a 2nd rder ever been good? Never. You don't trade for a guy, give him 5 mins and 1 week, and then dump him?!? You definitely don't do it when the guy is 6'11", 260, a giraffe's standing reach, was a HS All-American and had 1 more year of a reasonable contract. Let's be clear here. It's not like any other roster moves were made in the meantime. Nothing new happened. It only took Ferry a week to decide he screwed up and gambled away a 2nd rder. BTW, Brooklyn's 2nd rder might be worth something in 2017 when Johnson is making $40 mil. Minor deal and all but it is a sign of not having an clue what you are doing. Not a confidence builder. W

It's called taking a chance and I am a lot more inspired by a risk taking GM than I am one who plays it safe. And yeah we did make a move we signed Mack as we needed a PG.

• Moderators

It isn't good to piss away a 2nd rounder. That said, does anyone else wonder what Ferry saw in that week that he didn't see from significant review of tape and due diligence?

Yikes.

I have a weird feeling that it was a favor from one gm to another helping the warriors stay out of the luxury tax. Don't be surprised if golden state helps us facilitate a trade in the next 4-5 years. Not saying they will for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.